• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

Jimmy Nill's Annual Bonus Picks Announced

Rate this topic

Sweet-- sounds like he's not done adding big Canadian kids to the system. :thumbup:

When the NHL draft ended on Saturday, the Detroit Red Wings' work wasn't done. Director of scouting Joe McDonnell was quickly working the phone inviting a handful of undrafted prospects to training camp.

Just hours later, McDonnell had already received confirmation that three players have already decided to report to Traverse City in late August: left-winger Darren Archibald of the Barrie Colts, blueliner Alex Cord of the Mississauga St. Michael's Majors, and right-winger Trevor Parkes of the Montreal Juniors.

Since the draft was reduced to seven rounds under the new collective bargaining agreement, the Red Wings have gone this route to land prospects such as Brian Lashoff, Brent Raedeke and Willie Coetzee.

The 6-foot-3, 193-pound Archibald ranked 190th among North Americans by Central Scouting. He has been productive for two seasons in the OHL and produced 26 goals and 33 assists for 59 points in 57 games in 2009-10.

Cord, a 6-foot-2 195-pounder, split last season between junior A and the OHL. He finished with no points and 18 penalty minutes in 10 games with Mississauga and had nine points in 38 games with junior A Oakville. Central Scouting pegged him as the 186th best North American in the draft.

Parkes, a 6-foot-1 180-pounder, potted 27 goals and 20 assists for 47 points in 66 games on the same team as Red Wings third-round pick Louis-Marc Aubry. He also piled up six goals in seven playoff games and was ranked 197th among North Americans by Central Scouting.

Two fighters here in Cord and Archibald :ph34r:

Alex Cord :thumbup: (#7 in white/blue)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yrl1wHJU0M&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rZJdJptknk&

Darren Archibald :thumbup:

Wont let me post more than two videos, so heres the third

www.youtube.com/watch?v=exzCDXPPjMg&

:clap:

The other guy doesn't fight. Sadly. Although Im sure he's good at scoring or something unimportant :hehe:

Edited by uk_redwing

Guest Heaten

Don't know anything about any of them, but the bolded part sounds pretty good to me:

The 6-foot-3, 193-pound Archibald ranked 190th among North Americans by Central Scouting. He has been productive for two seasons in the OHL and produced 26 goals and 33 assists for 59 points in 57 games in 2009-10.

Archibald is a ******* goon, I wouldn't put him in a winged-wheel for anything.

You really want this d-bag on our team?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzIrMOFeGDw

Pretty sure he got suspended for that too, read about it/watched it awhile ago.

Wow I forgot that this was him completely. Thats sweet I hope he earns a contract. Yeah god forbid a guy with a mean streak plays for the wings, it sure has been a while eh.........

Mean streaks are fine and dandy, but if he ends up being locker room poison, then no.

I guess it's an over-reaction, as if he ever DID make the big club, it'd be in a few years time. Who knows, maybe he'll shape up.

Mean streaks are fine and dandy, but if he ends up being locker room poison, then no.

I guess it's an over-reaction, as if he ever DID make the big club, it'd be in a few years time. Who knows, maybe he'll shape up.

I'm not sure how mean steaks and locker room cancer really correlate at all. Usually the guys who will go out there and fight and take one for the team are the ones that are liked the most in the dressing room.

Talking about Cord, it says he split time between junior A and the OHL? The OHL is junior A, so it must mean he was playing tier 2 Junior A or something for a bit?

I guess he could be a fighter UK seeing the PIMs he put up in those few games and the fact that he had 2 fights and 18 PIMs in 10 games in the OHL means he is probably a tough guy.

Shoulda looked into it before I said he didn't seem like a tough guy.

Edited by newfy

lol Archibald looks like the 2nd coming of avery

Talking about Cord, it says he split time between junior A and the OHL? The OHL is junior A, so it must mean he was playing tier 2 Junior A or something for a bit?

I guess he could be a fighter UK seeing the PIMs he put up in those few games and the fact that he had 2 fights and 18 PIMs in 10 games in the OHL means he is probably a tough guy.

Shoulda looked into it before I said he didn't seem like a tough guy.

if this guy develops he could be worth it. I just hope he doesn't kill one of his own guys in Traverse

Edited by jollymania

I'm not sure how mean steaks and locker room cancer really correlate at all. Usually the guys who will go out there and fight and take one for the team are the ones that are liked the most in the dressing room.

So you're saying blatantly running the other teams goalie and starting a fight, then getting kicked out is "taking one for the team"? The correlation is that some players with "mean streaks" end up being locker room poison, like Avery.

So you're saying blatantly running the other teams goalie and starting a fight, then getting kicked out is "taking one for the team"? The correlation is that some players with "mean streaks" end up being locker room poison, like Avery.

i know nothing of archibald but he does look like a ****** like avery

Umm in a sense yes it is taking one for the team. He runs the other teams goalie, knows he's going to get beat up for doing so but also raise his teams chances at knocking their goalie off his game and scoring on him more.

Archibald hitting that goalie like that has absolutely no effect on the dressing room except maybe a positive one because after something like that and a brawl everyone is a little pumped up.

As for people with mean streaks ending up like Avery.. Avery has hardly made any really dirty plays on the ice and plays the game hard. Its what he does off the ice that makes him a douchebag. For every player with a mean streak who is a locker room poison, I can probably name you 2 skilled guys who are bad in the dressing room.

Overall, it doesn't matter that you think he is dirty or anything because the wings clearly hope he can add this aggression to our organization. Holland wants to add him so they must like his style of play.

i know nothing of archibald but he does look like a ****** like avery

Don't judge him by his looks in that video. He's in teh middle of a playoff run and junior/young teams go crazy in the playoffs with their hair and everything lol

Don't judge him by his looks in that video. He's in teh middle of a playoff run and junior/young teams go crazy in the playoffs with their hair and everything lol

i have to judge him by that video, here seriously acted exactly like sean avery, show me archibald doing something more useful

Umm in a sense yes it is taking one for the team. He runs the other teams goalie, knows he's going to get beat up for doing so but also raise his teams chances at knocking their goalie off his game and scoring on him more.

Archibald hitting that goalie like that has absolutely no effect on the dressing room except maybe a positive one because after something like that and a brawl everyone is a little pumped up.

As for people with mean streaks ending up like Avery.. Avery has hardly made any really dirty plays on the ice and plays the game hard. Its what he does off the ice that makes him a douchebag. For every player with a mean streak who is a locker room poison, I can probably name you 2 skilled guys who are bad in the dressing room.

Overall, it doesn't matter that you think he is dirty or anything because the wings clearly hope he can add this aggression to our organization. Holland wants to add him so they must like his style of play.

Did you not even pay attention to the video? There was like 45 seconds left in the 3rd period, so what does Archibald gain by doing that? He was just raged and lost his temper, plain and simple. And I guess you don't know that the Colts ended up getting swept as well, so there goes that "positive effect" in the dressing room. Re-read my 2nd post. I said IF he does get to Grand Rapids, maybe he'll have an attitude change, but if he doesn't and brings that kind of trash to the table then he'll never be a Wing.

Did you not even pay attention to the video? There was like 45 seconds left in the 3rd period, so what does Archibald gain by doing that? He was just raged and lost his temper, plain and simple. And I guess you don't know that the Colts ended up getting swept as well, so there goes that "positive effect" in the dressing room. Re-read my 2nd post. I said IF he does get to Grand Rapids, maybe he'll have an attitude change, but if he doesn't and brings that kind of trash to the table then he'll never be a Wing.

avery became a wing, anything could happen

Archibald is a ******* goon, I wouldn't put him in a winged-wheel for anything.

You really want this d-bag on our team?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzIrMOFeGDw

That guy! No s***, atta boy Jimmy you bagged a crazy one. Hope he gets signed, Cord looks really good as well. Parkes is a friend of a friend of mine, so hopefully he earns a contract, but I dont really care about him as much as the other two gritty guys!

Yeah I've watched that video hundreds of times, I follow the OHL playoffs.

Yeah they got swept by Windsor, you realize that Windsor is the powerhouse team and walked all over every team they played in the playoffs. They didn't get swept because he did this, give your head a shake. You really think at the end of the day his teammates are saying "you ran that goalie and it made us get swept you idiot"?

No if anything theyre saying, "Haha I can't believe you smoked him like that, thats hilarious. Maybe he'll be off his game next game now"

For all you know he coulda been sent by his coach to do that, running goalies happens. Look at that video of Probert again. Unless you just hopped on the band wagon recently, Detroit has been filled with guys like this and Detroit wouldn't think twice about signing him because he did that. In fact, he probably got recognized because of him doing this.

Holland is trying to put some big, tough guys in the system and hopefully Archibald or Cord make it at least to the AHL because thats a step in the right direction for Kenny.