• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

Jimmy Nill's Annual Bonus Picks Announced

Rate this topic

Talking about Cord, it says he split time between junior A and the OHL? The OHL is junior A, so it must mean he was playing tier 2 Junior A or something for a bit?

I guess he could be a fighter UK seeing the PIMs he put up in those few games and the fact that he had 2 fights and 18 PIMs in 10 games in the OHL means he is probably a tough guy.

Shoulda looked into it before I said he didn't seem like a tough guy.

That hit was great. We could use a bunch more of that.

Would be happy if they gave the 9th ranked Euro player, Adam Pettersson a chance.

Me too. Hopefully they're keeping moves like that on the down-low so other teams don't catch wind :)

so the "arch" villian is 20, is he eligible for GR this upcoming season??

Yes. In fact I wouldn't be shocked if this move is mostly a GR one for now.

For all you know he coulda been sent by his coach to do that, running goalies happens. Look at that video of Probert again. Unless you just hopped on the band wagon recently, Detroit has been filled with guys like this and Detroit wouldn't think twice about signing him because he did that. In fact, he probably got recognized because of him doing this.

Holland is trying to put some big, tough guys in the system and hopefully Archibald or Cord make it at least to the AHL because thats a step in the right direction for Kenny.

I don't really like the idea of running goalies like that, but damn-- we'd all like another Probert :)

i have to judge him by that video, here seriously acted exactly like sean avery, show me archibald doing something more useful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exzCDXPPjMg&feature=related

Hes not a ****** at least and says good fight to the other guy in the box. Not to mention its a really good fight.

This one he scores the OT winner and shows he can play a net front presence which is something useful for the Red Wings system.

Yes. In fact I wouldn't be shocked if this move is mostly a GR one for now.

Either that or he starts in Toledo to work his way up to GR.

I think this guy only make the show as one thing. Arch is 6-3, so if he adds 25-30 lbs he could be a legit heavy.

I also like the strategy of drafting what kenny deems is the BPA then signing the tough guys of the scrap heap and try to develop them in the wings system.

Either that or he starts in Toledo to work his way up to GR.

I think this guy only make the show as one thing. Arch is 6-3, so if he adds 25-30 lbs he could be a legit heavy.

I also like the strategy of drafting what kenny deems is the BPA then signing the tough guys of the scrap heap and try to develop them in the wings system.

Maybe he sees something in the scoring touch in this guy to go along with his toughness. The guy was over a ppg this past season and is a good net front type guy. Kenny maybe notices his mean streak, fighting ability(which he is going to have to use for sure to make it to the show) and a possible net front guy for a 4th line. Not to mention he is clearly a little crazy with what he did to that goalie.

He seems like a good enough fighter that he could take on the big guys if he gets a bit heavier and fights some more. And we don't really ahve any heavyweight young guys in the system.

At any rate, these are the types of guys that are VERY much needed in Grand Rapids. They're so small at the moment its untrue. Get these two guys in GR (are they eligible?) and a proper enforcer and GR should do much better next season.

The Archibald incident seems out of character for him. 62 PIM in 57 games this year doesn't suggest he's prone to too many meathead moments. The Barrie-Windsor thing is so personal on so many levels, that might have played an impact on his decision.