• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sputman

Darren Archibald Invited To Camp

Rate this topic

Guy puts up good numbers and is pretty much willing to fight anything in front of him. I'd love to have him as a depth guy in Grand Rapids next year and possibly seeing if he has what it takes to come up to the big league within the next few years.

I'm of the thinking that if a goalie wants to sit on the puck behind the net like alot of them do and use their big pads to block out the players then they should be fair game for a check just like any other player on the team. Yeah they wear big pads and its hard for them to move out of the way so don't go behind the net to stop the puck and sit on it like a goose that layed an egg. But thats just me. My opinion.

Already been posted.

And that was some old school hockey Probie would be proud of right there.

Get some coke in this kids nose and watch bodies fly out on the ice!

I'm of the thinking that if a goalie wants to sit on the puck behind the net like alot of them do and use their big pads to block out the players then they should be fair game for a check just like any other player on the team. Yeah they wear big pads and its hard for them to move out of the way so don't go behind the net to stop the puck and sit on it like a goose that layed an egg. But thats just me. My opinion.

i agree, but that would be a hard rule to change. it's ingrained in so many people that goalies are off limits, nobody would sit back and watch theirs get bowled over.

btw i am terrible at thread starting. everytime i start a damn thread i find out one has already been made. i swear i did a darren archibald search before posting this, and i saw nothing...NOTHING.

if i were to start a thread right now called "Drumshanbo Is Terrible At Making Threads" drake_marcus will have beaten me to it by a minimum of 7 weeks.

:crybaby:

*is ashamed*

I still think that hit is hilarious. Granted, I wouldn't think so if it happened to Howard or Ozzie, but I'd love a guy that wasn't afraid to rock a goalie every now and then.

agreed, it was completely f***ed up that's for sure. But man, doing that took balls....

Say good night to all the Dman that go back to get the puck in your world.

Zero help for the defense is just a nightmare.

Goaltenders should be encouraged to play the puck in my opinion, it speeds up the game and they tend to mess up anyways.

Hitting a goaltender is just not fair, they have no way to protect themselves, it's like hitting a punching bag.

Say good night to all the Dman that go back to get the puck in your world.

Zero help for the defense is just a nightmare.

Goaltenders should be encouraged to play the puck in my opinion, it speeds up the game and they tend to mess up anyways.

Hitting a goaltender is just not fair, they have no way to protect themselves, it's like hitting a punching bag.

Fun??

:lol:

Speaking from experience, it actually is fun as long as you don't mind having to defend yourself afterward.

As a former high school teammate of this poster, I can fully vouch for the legitimacy of his run-ins (literally) with opposing team's goalies, haha. The fans usually didn't appreciate it at the away games, to say the least.

hey guys is he a draft pick of ours from like 08 or something? or just a guy that were giving a tryout to? but i must say what he did in the video is ntn to be proud of cuz lets face it if that happend to jimmy or ozzie wed all be whinning and bitching n going bolistic but we neeed someone like that imo. can u imagine him n abdelkader on the 4th line lol i think i just got my pants wet

This ones touchy, that was obviously a cheap shot and should not be condoned, but he brings a lot of intangibles that we could use and there is a style to his game to love... it's intriguing as well, because in this system, he could REALLY learn how to be a class player, while still playing on the edge between the whistles and it'd be nice to have someone not afraid to drop the mitts at the drop of a hat...

As long as he buys in to the system, could be a nice fit...

This ones touchy, that was obviously a cheap shot and should not be condoned, but he brings a lot of intangibles that we could use and there is a style to his game to love... it's intriguing as well, because in this system, he could REALLY learn how to be a class player, while still playing on the edge between the whistles and it'd be nice to have someone not afraid to drop the mitts at the drop of a hat...

As long as he buys in to the system, could be a nice fit...

I totally agree..just think if the wings were to give him a shot..we could all pretty much bet he wouldnt run a goalie again so think about that. Having someone like that on th eteam would help us in alot of ways i think. Think about how exciting the games were when we had Probert on the ice...I'm not comparing to probert but it would be sort of the same. I miss that.