• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings4Life19

interseting photo

Rate this topic

saw this photo on nhl.com and it made me think about how much the wings have changed since I was a kid. If you went up to a 12 year old me and said that 10 years from now Yzerman and Bowman would be working with different organizations and Fedorov would be playing in Russia i would have called you a liar and punched you in the junk. Now that im getting older and understand that people have their reasons for leaving the organization I'am able to be content with it, but still the fact that my childhood heroes are leaving the organization makes me realize that i'am getting older and to not take players like Datsyuk and Zetterberg for granted.

frozen062610_960_std.jpg

Fed was very predictable, especially after that long ass contract hold out that one year.

Scotty, could have seen coming. He's basically going to have done it all by the time he dies.

Stevey, yeah, sucks. Thought he'd be here forever. Just hoping he comes back eventually.

Guest screwdahawks

Yea all the wings were idols to me growing up...I still remember seeing scotty at the target by my house and I was way too afraid to go talk to him, I just stood there for a second like "no way".

I had the same thing happen with Mickey Redman. Swallowed my adams apple and almost pissed my pants....

and there is STILL players from that era playing on the team...wow...we are real lucky to be red wing fans.

Edited by soultrain

Ok, the reason we are ALL lucky to be Wings fans? Just go over to wikipedia and look at the all time roster, heck even if you go back to 1980 and look up to todays roster, just look at ALL the superstars and Current and Future HOF players and coachs/execs that have ever been part of this organization. Look at where they've been, where they went on to be. Coachs and GM's like Colin Campbell, Neil Smith, Jimmy D, Bryan Murray, Scotty & Holland. Three of perhaps the greatest Russians to ever grace the NHL (and Red Army) Fetisov, Larionov & Fedorov. Perhaps the best ever Swedish player in Lidstrom, but not forgetting one of the first ever Euro's to conquer a brave new world, Borje Salming. Even Looking back to Coffey, Ciccarelli, Hull, Robitaille, Murphy, Mickey Redmond (the first ever Wing to score 50 goals) Chris Chelios, Hasak, Shanahan, Yzerman, Wendel Clark, Foligno, Johnny O, Harold Snepsts, the list goes on! Even some players that came here after a super career and didn't quite work out (Federko, Hatcher, Carson) we have been graced in Hockeytown with the royalty of Hockey. There is no doubt that this team is one of, if not THE best franchise in the history of hockey. Man, all those stars, its no wonder we act spoiled sometimes, eh?

I know I didn't even mention the golden age players of Howe, Abel & the gang, just the ones I have watched... What a Franchise!