• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:02 PM

Wouldn't mind him, but it seems like the Wings are going to retain all of their RFA's, plus Draper and Ritola... and maybe Maltby. I don't think there's room for what we have now, let alone another forward... best case scenario we cut ties with Miller, let Ritola go through waivers, don't sign Malts and extend an offer to an agitator/enforcer.

Z-Dats-Homer
Bert-Flip-Mule
Huds-Abs-Cleary
Draper/?-Helm-Eaves
?/Draper

Edit: Although, if Abs can drop the gloves more it'd work out fine.

Huds-Modano-Cleary
Abs-Helm-Eaves
Draper

Edited by Jesusberg, 30 June 2010 - 12:03 PM.

#42 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,144 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:28 PM

I'm not sure what I might rationally think about the idea of bring Modano to the Wings, but I have to say, as a longtime fan of Modano, I've always loved the idea of him finishing as a Wing in his hometown. He'll always be a star, but I thought it would be a cool ending for him. Again, how that translates into cap-era rationality, I'm not sure, and I'm not going to go there now. Not my job.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#43 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:17 PM

Z-Dats-Homer
Bert-Flip-Mule
Huds-Modano-Cleary
Abs-Helm-Eaves
Draper

I like it! Maybe switch Bert and Hudler, but the rest is good.

#44 RedWingedKitten

RedWingedKitten

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:06 PM

I would love for him to sign, I have two reasons. 1, it would be a good depth signing, and 2, I would enjoy seeing how the Dallas fans react when the Wings and Stars meet. :P

#45 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:11 PM

I would love for him to sign, I have two reasons. 1, it would be a good depth signing, and 2, I would enjoy seeing how the Dallas fans react when the Wings and Stars meet. :P

I can't imagine Dallas booing Modano if he indeed does sign with another team.It's not like Modano got an offer from Dallas and turned it down in favor of another offer.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#46 RedWingedKitten

RedWingedKitten

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:18 PM

I can't imagine Dallas booing Modano if he indeed does sign with another team.It's not like Modano got an offer from Dallas and turned it down in favor of another offer.

I don't think they would boo either. I think they would be confused though. :unsure:

#47 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:21 PM

I don't think they would boo either. I think they would be confused though. :unsure:

True.I can't imagine Mike Modano wearing any jersey other than a Stars sweater,and i'm not even a Stars fan.I can't imagine what it would be like.It's kinda like if Detroit didnt offer Holmstrom an extension.Can anyone really imagine Homer anywhere else besides Detroit?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#48 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:36 PM

It wouldn't be just Win Another for Mike, but it would be Win It while eliminating Dallas in the playoffs so Mike can have the last laugh and show Dallas they are making a mistake!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#49 FunkedUp

FunkedUp

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:13 PM

That would be awesome if Modano signed here. It's somewhat realistic.

Z-Pav-Homer
Bert-Flip-Mule
Huds-Mo-Cleary
Abby-Helm-Eaves

I dig those lines...

#50 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:44 PM

That would be awesome if Modano signed here. It's somewhat realistic.

Z-Pav-Homer
Bert-Flip-Mule
Huds-Mo-Cleary
Abby-Helm-Eaves (or Miller)
Draper

I dig those lines...

Honestly, and this is hard for me to say, but I do believe Hudler would do very well with Modano at his center. These lines look pretty awesome, at least to start the season. Three very good scoring lines and one big shutdown line. Just have to shore up that 6th defensman spot and we'll be good to go! Modano can still fly, he can quarterback the second power play with Kronner.
Come on Kenny, lets get this done, get on the phone to Mike like, at the stroke of midnite! This would be very awesome. It would be too bad for Miller or Eaves and Ritola, but nothing personal just business...

Edited by LeftWinger, 30 June 2010 - 05:45 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#51 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:39 PM

Honestly, and this is hard for me to say, but I do believe Hudler would do very well with Modano at his center. These lines look pretty awesome, at least to start the season. Three very good scoring lines and one big shutdown line. Just have to shore up that 6th defensman spot and we'll be good to go! Modano can still fly, he can quarterback the second power play with Kronner.
Come on Kenny, lets get this done, get on the phone to Mike like, at the stroke of midnite! This would be very awesome. It would be too bad for Miller or Eaves and Ritola, but nothing personal just business...

Technically they're all shutdown lines, which is why this team is so friggin good. I was thinking he would play the right circle on the PP2, I don't know if he's ever played the point before.

#52 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:46 PM

if the price is right...get it done Kenny!
:thumbup:
be about it!

#53 wingsownnhl43

wingsownnhl43

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:25 PM

Let Miller walk, Sign Modano.

The way I look at is that we already have five bottom five forwards. (Helm, Abdelkader, Eaves, Draper, Ritola). Miller has no place here. If a veteran is going to come along for cheap that could help strengthen the top 9, then pull the trigger.

#54 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:36 PM

Let Miller walk, Sign Modano.

The way I look at is that we already have five bottom five forwards. (Helm, Abdelkader, Eaves, Draper, Ritola). Miller has no place here. If a veteran is going to come along for cheap that could help strengthen the top 9, then pull the trigger.

My thoughts exactly. I really like Miller, but he's redundant. We have better players that fill his role.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#55 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:18 PM

From Spector.

DETROIT NEWS: Ted Kulfan reports the Red Wings lack of cap space means they won't be bidding for major talent in this summer's UFA market although GM Ken Holland didn't rule out possible affordable depth signings later in the summer. He also wondered if former long-time Dallas Star Mike Modano might be interested in joining the Wings if they were interested in signing him, although Kulfan admits that would be a long shot.

Would love to see this. I always wondered how well he would do surrounded by the guys we have. Franzen Modano and Bert?

#56 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:33 PM

From Spector.

DETROIT NEWS: Ted Kulfan reports the Red Wings lack of cap space means they won't be bidding for major talent in this summer's UFA market although GM Ken Holland didn't rule out possible affordable depth signings later in the summer. He also wondered if former long-time Dallas Star Mike Modano might be interested in joining the Wings if they were interested in signing him, although Kulfan admits that would be a long shot.

Would love to see this. I always wondered how well he would do surrounded by the guys we have. Franzen Modano and Bert?

How many times have we heard this?

That being said, a million or two for Modano would rock!

Edited by LeftWinger, 30 June 2010 - 09:33 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#57 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:39 PM

How many times have we heard this?

That being said, a million or two for Modano would rock!

Well, I wouldn't call myself an expert or anything, but I'd say this train of thought is working... but hey, if you want a lot of Free Agent signings, I'm sure the Rangers could use some fans.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#58 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:04 PM

Well, I wouldn't call myself an expert or anything, but I'd say this train of thought is working... but hey, if you want a lot of Free Agent signings, I'm sure the Rangers could use some fans.

Well, I meantthe part about the lack of cap space, how many times have we heard that come UFA or trade dealine, but if you want to turn this into a "Leftwinger is not a real Wings fan" response then go ahead. I would expect nothing less...

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#59 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

Well, I meantthe part about the lack of cap space, how many times have we heard that come UFA or trade dealine, but if you want to turn this into a "Leftwinger is not a real Wings fan" response then go ahead. I would expect nothing less...

Considering you seem to complain far more then anyone else on this board, it's easy to see how you would think that. No disrespect meant, just stating the fact that not everything in the World will always go the way you want it. I can deal with boring offseasons if the exchange is long post seasons.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, 30 June 2010 - 10:08 PM.

Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#60 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:10 PM

Considering you seem to complain far more then anyone else on this board, it's easy to see how you would think that. No disrespect meant, just stating the fact that not everything in the World will always go the way you want it. I can deal with boring offseasons if the exchange is long post seasons.

Copy that! And I even gave you the positive for that one! I was just stating we are always up against the Cap so we hear that statement all the time.

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!