• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 RememberStevieY

RememberStevieY

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:23 PM

Just for anyone who is in the neighborhood or wanted to know.

Kirk Maltby will be at the new Meijer at M-59 and Adams Road tonight from 5-7 p.m.

Edit: Its the rochester hills area

Edited by RememberStevieY, 29 June 2010 - 03:29 PM.

The Order of the Paradox

The most regular season wins, post season wins, division titles, conference titles and 4 Stanley Cups in a little over a decade spells d-y-n-a-s-t-y;

#2 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:18 PM

Quick someone tell him thanks for being a Wing and good luck in Florida.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#3 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:53 PM

I just got back from that and i must say he was a really nice guy and he basically said he thought crosby was a *****. I got two autographs from him one on a picture and one on my old red wings ball cap. Best day of my life.

#4 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:23 PM

word up!

Edited by soultrain, 29 June 2010 - 09:26 PM.

#5 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:25 PM

Is it cheating if I go there with a Tampa Bay Lightning contract?

#6 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:25 PM

i hope he can stay with the red wings organization for years to come. kirk maltby is the man....and yes i have learned my lesson on saying anything bad about the guy. :thumbup:

#7 MissyLKS8

MissyLKS8

Détroit du Kat

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:41 PM

I enjoyed it. We were dying to ask him a proper way to peel an apricot.
Hit it hard in Royal Oak... but I'll see you all in Detroit. Friday 11am.

Pav's going to dance for Hank. -Osgood on Zed's birthday
I love the dark meat. -Homer on turkey
Hey, is that Journey? OOH, WHAT A STOP BY OSGOOD!! Hey, that IS Journey! - Steve Dangle

"I don't care what my tickets says, Lady. Why should I move my seat for you, 45 minutes late with your non-Red Wings apparel, to sit behind the glass here with your little friend who just asked who #5 is?"

Made in Detroit

#8 MissyLKS8

MissyLKS8

Détroit du Kat

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:54 PM

I just got back from that and i must say he was a really nice guy and he basically said he thought crosby was a *****. I got two autographs from him one on a picture and one on my old red wings ball cap. Best day of my life.

Wait, he said what? I must have missed this.

Hey, is that Journey? OOH, WHAT A STOP BY OSGOOD!! Hey, that IS Journey! - Steve Dangle

"I don't care what my tickets says, Lady. Why should I move my seat for you, 45 minutes late with your non-Red Wings apparel, to sit behind the glass here with your little friend who just asked who #5 is?"

Made in Detroit

#9 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

Wait, he said what? I must have missed this.

Yea someone asked him what he thought of crosby and he just laughed and said that everyone says hes a baby and dispite what he thinks of him and what we think of him hes still a good player.

#10 MissyLKS8

MissyLKS8

Détroit du Kat

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:38 PM

Ah, we didn't hear any of the questions of hockey or on the cooking part. I arrived five minutes after the seats in front of the table filled.

Edited by MissyLKS8, 29 June 2010 - 10:40 PM.

Made in Detroit

#11 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:07 PM

Sounds fun, Malts is a classic Wing player, gonna miss him next year.
Posted Image

#12 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:01 AM

I went too! He was such as sweetheart, as expected. I told him I hoped he'd be back next season and he said, "Well either way, it was a nice try." Then I, as always, made myself look like a fool.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#13 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:10 AM

I went too! He was such as sweetheart, as expected. I told him I hoped he'd be back next season and he said, "Well either way, it was a nice try." Then I, as always, made myself look like a fool.

I'm not sure I get it. What was "a nice try"?

#14 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:12 AM

I'm not sure I get it. What was "a nice try"?

Yeah, I'm not too sure either. I took it to mean that they gave it a good try this season, but he was being waaaaayyy too cryptic, so I have no idea.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#15 MissyLKS8

MissyLKS8

Détroit du Kat

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:42 AM

I did ask him a question about his. I didn't want to offend him and say "Dude, are you going to be a Wing or what?" so I started to mention his injury and if that would be a factor. He said [As a recall my recorded answer] that it wasn't holding him back and he'll be back-- which then I asked I heard that was a reason he was done. He gave the same answer. Then I just said, are you coming back? He basically said yes.
Well, upon this I look up some articles and Holland did say "he's got some hockey left in him".
So I hope.

Made in Detroit

#16 BUHdactyl

BUHdactyl

Rookie

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:17 AM

I asked him how his shoulder was doing and he said "Good, good - it's doing great." Didn't have the stones to ask him if he'd be back.

#17 Detroit40oz

Detroit40oz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:05 PM

Whoever was in line 3 people ahead of me had asked if he'd be back next year and he said he's planning on it and that his injury from last season shouldn't be an issue and all's good with that.

I know that doesn't mean he's been formally signed on for another season, but I'd say its looking that way.

#18 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:34 PM

This is funny cause i remember all of you guys asking these questions, i was sitting right there in the third row at the end nearest to the store. I think the guy from redwings.com was there too doin a video so we all might be on the website.

#19 MissyLKS8

MissyLKS8

Détroit du Kat

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:43 PM

Whoever was in line 3 people ahead of me had asked if he'd be back next year and he said he's planning on it and that his injury from last season shouldn't be an issue and all's good with that.

Yeah, if you are talking about the questions before the signings (near the balloons and flower) and it was a short girl, it was me.

Made in Detroit

#20 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:45 PM

*Meh* I get the starstruck stuff guys but this guy needs to not come back... Love Malts for all he has done but those times have come and gone.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.