• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevie12

Oilers Place Nilsson, Moreau, and O'Sullivan on Waivers

Rate this topic

Can someone post where Detroit sits on the waiver wire.

Someone has posted this before, and was good info at the time.

If the claim is before November 1, waiver priority is based on the previous year's standings, with the team with the worst record having first priority and the team with the best record having last priority.

If the claim is after November 1, waiver priority is based on the current year's standings, defined as the lowest percentage of possible points.

Edited by stevie12

I may be wrong (no shocker there) but if Ethan was slated to make 2 million next year, we would only have to pick up 1 million of that correct? I though it was 1/2 of what the Oilers paid since they put him on waivers!! 1 million for Ethan Moreau would be the steal of the waiver wire!! JEEZ!!

Guest Hatethedrake!

I like Moreau but hasn't he had alot of injuries the past 3 seasons? If he's healthy then he would be perfect for the 4th line. How healthy is he though?

Pass on Moreau. Edmonton fans are popping champagne now that he's gone due to all his injuries and poor play.

Maybe, but being a Red Wing, being part of a winning culture, can definitely help a player's overall ability to get things done.

Finally they're taking out the trash.

With Hall, Omark, Eberle and MPS on the team next year they'll be fun to watch, probably still one of the bottom teams in the league though until they get some defense and goaltending.

Columbus claim Ethan Moreau from waivers.

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/

The Blue Jackets have claimed veteran left winger Ethan Moreau on waivers from the Edmonton Oilers, The Dispatch has learned.

Moreau, 34, was put on waivers by the Oilers on Tuesday with the intention of buying out the remaining one year and $1.75 million on his contract. The Blue Jackets wanted to claim Moreau rather than let him become a free agent on Thursday, sources said, where he'd be seeking a two- or three-year contract.

He is seen as a perfect compliment on the Blue Jackets' third line with center Sammy Pahlsson. The Blue Jackets can certainly use his size, intensity and veteran presence in the dressing room.

Edited by Green Wing

Columbus claim Ethan Moreau from waivers.

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/

The Blue Jackets have claimed veteran left winger Ethan Moreau on waivers from the Edmonton Oilers, The Dispatch has learned.

Moreau, 34, was put on waivers by the Oilers on Tuesday with the intention of buying out the remaining one year and $1.75 million on his contract. The Blue Jackets wanted to claim Moreau rather than let him become a free agent on Thursday, sources said, where he'd be seeking a two- or three-year contract.

He is seen as a perfect compliment on the Blue Jackets' third line with center Sammy Pahlsson. The Blue Jackets can certainly use his size, intensity and veteran presence in the dressing room.

BOOOOOO!!!!!

:ranting:

I wish he could just say, "f*** this I'm going further up north until I hit the Joe."

Finally they're taking out the trash.

With Hall, Omark, Eberle and MPS on the team next year they'll be fun to watch, probably still one of the bottom teams in the league though until they get some defense and goaltending.

A non-embarrassing season by Drouin-Deslaurier and they could easily be the 2012-13 version of this year's Chicago Blackhawks. Great move getting rid of some of the guys who dragged them down with horrid, selfish and inefficient play. Now, they need to find a place for sulky Souray.

EDIT: They may not have to pay for Piece Of s***, either:

From twitter:

Real_ESPNLeBrun

Am told by a source Patrick O'Sullivan also not bought out by Oilers because he was traded to Phoenix for Vandermeer. Checking into it

Rumor has it, it's for Jim Vandermeer.

Edited by mjlegend

Heh. You know you're in Canada when the number one trending thing on Twitter is "Ethan Moreau", then second is "Harry Potter".

Vandermeer is an Alberta-born version of Steve Staios, who they dumped on Calgary at the deadline. He certainly wouldn't have been the cheapest guy available ($2.3 million) for the Wings' #6 D position.

Guest Crymson

I'd love to see Moreau don the Winged Wheel...Like others have already said - he could be our next Drake.

Yeah, sure. People make some hilarious link between Drake and the team winning the Cup. Drake helped, but it was the consolidation of many other, more important factors---i.e. having no injuries in the postseason, having Franzen catch on fire, Hudler's development, Helm's entry, etc. etc. etc.---that made the difference in pushing the team over the top.

Drake played his heart out in the postseason and was a very positive factor, but the 'Drake-like player = Cup' association some people have drawn here is fairly ridiculous.