• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Octopus's Garden

Lilja likely gone

Rate this topic

And most importantly, clear the crease. Our opponents had free reign around the Wing's net last season.

Agree 100%. I was really hoping Ericsson would develop a knack for it as the season went on, but truth be told he plays a pretty soft game most of the time. It's a shame considering how big he is.

Agree 100%. I was really hoping Ericsson would develop a knack for it as the season went on, but truth be told he plays a pretty soft game most of the time. It's a shame considering how big he is.

Definitely.

As I've said in the past, I'd be celebrating if Ericsson took a crosschecking penalty for knocking someone's head off in the crease. He needs to find the line by going over it. So far, he hasn't even come close. They need to make him watch 500 hours of video of Pronger in front of his own net.

we actually have a solid 3rd d line withs lils. why not resign him? Did i miss something. Our d improved so much after he returned. Also ericsson then played like a nhl defender.

we actually have a solid 3rd d line withs lils. why not resign him? Did i miss something. Our d improved so much after he returned. Also ericsson then played like a nhl defender.

Lilja wants a top 4 role and more money. The wings can't give him either of these wishes

Lilja wants a top 4 role and more money. The wings can't give him either of these wishes

maybe more money but where did you hear this. I thought he was happy in detroit. He is nothing better then a thrid line role player. But i love him and all the crazy pain he brings.

maybe more money but where did you hear this. I thought he was happy in detroit. He is nothing better then a thrid line role player. But i love him and all the crazy pain he brings.

He said it in an interview I beleive or maybe Holland said that. I think Mlive had it, maybe someone else who knows where it is could link it for you.

He said it in an interview I beleive or maybe Holland said that. I think Mlive had it, maybe someone else who knows where it is could link it for you.

thanks as long as long as you saw it somewhere. I just wanted to know if you were assuming or if you actually knew. I dont need a link

I knew I saw this somewhere, this is what he has to say about leaving it's from last week.

"Now it's really interesting. It's going to be fun to see where I can end up as there are many good teams that I could play for," says Lilja.

TT: So you're looking forward to it?

Lilja: "I'm looking forward to it. I just want to know where I'll play. I want to play for a team that's as good as it can be, one that I can win with, and all that stuff. It's an interesting time coming.

While he's now available to other clubs, he does wish he could remain in Detroit.

"You want to take care of your future and the amount of time you play. It's very difficult to move into the top-four defensive pairings in Detroit, they've very stable there. While you can always make more money, you also want to secure your own financial future."

Lilja's comments

It will be interesting to see where he ends up because it doesn't sound like the Wings can give him what he wants. Hopefully he'll do well where ever he goes.