• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#81 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:36 PM

And most importantly, clear the crease. Our opponents had free reign around the Wing's net last season.

Agree 100%. I was really hoping Ericsson would develop a knack for it as the season went on, but truth be told he plays a pretty soft game most of the time. It's a shame considering how big he is.

#82 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:39 PM

Agree 100%. I was really hoping Ericsson would develop a knack for it as the season went on, but truth be told he plays a pretty soft game most of the time. It's a shame considering how big he is.

Definitely.

As I've said in the past, I'd be celebrating if Ericsson took a crosschecking penalty for knocking someone's head off in the crease. He needs to find the line by going over it. So far, he hasn't even come close. They need to make him watch 500 hours of video of Pronger in front of his own net.

#83 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:44 PM

we actually have a solid 3rd d line withs lils. why not resign him? Did i miss something. Our d improved so much after he returned. Also ericsson then played like a nhl defender.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#84 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

we actually have a solid 3rd d line withs lils. why not resign him? Did i miss something. Our d improved so much after he returned. Also ericsson then played like a nhl defender.

Lilja wants a top 4 role and more money. The wings can't give him either of these wishes

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#85 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

Lilja wants a top 4 role and more money. The wings can't give him either of these wishes

maybe more money but where did you hear this. I thought he was happy in detroit. He is nothing better then a thrid line role player. But i love him and all the crazy pain he brings.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#86 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:55 PM

maybe more money but where did you hear this. I thought he was happy in detroit. He is nothing better then a thrid line role player. But i love him and all the crazy pain he brings.

He said it in an interview I beleive or maybe Holland said that. I think Mlive had it, maybe someone else who knows where it is could link it for you.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#87 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:57 PM

He said it in an interview I beleive or maybe Holland said that. I think Mlive had it, maybe someone else who knows where it is could link it for you.

thanks as long as long as you saw it somewhere. I just wanted to know if you were assuming or if you actually knew. I dont need a link

Posted Image

#88 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:58 PM

been a while since i posted here (if at all) but has everyone forgot this incident that swung the Anaheim series in 07 in their favour?

he has done good things but this always stands out in my mind.

#89 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:20 PM

holland better not be picking meech over lebda. this move better be for kindl to come up and impress

#90 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,620 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:56 PM

That does stand out but so does his exceptional penalty killing skills and shot blocking.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#91 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:00 AM

Posted Image

#92 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,620 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:45 AM

Posted Image

Gotta love it

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#93 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

I knew I saw this somewhere, this is what he has to say about leaving it's from last week.

"Now it's really interesting. It's going to be fun to see where I can end up as there are many good teams that I could play for," says Lilja.

TT: So you're looking forward to it?

Lilja: "I'm looking forward to it. I just want to know where I'll play. I want to play for a team that's as good as it can be, one that I can win with, and all that stuff. It's an interesting time coming.

While he's now available to other clubs, he does wish he could remain in Detroit.

"You want to take care of your future and the amount of time you play. It's very difficult to move into the top-four defensive pairings in Detroit, they've very stable there. While you can always make more money, you also want to secure your own financial future."

Lilja's comments

It will be interesting to see where he ends up because it doesn't sound like the Wings can give him what he wants. Hopefully he'll do well where ever he goes.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#94 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

off to chicago with him then :ph34r:

Posted Image