• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FunkedUp

How busy will tomorrow (July 1st) be?

Rate this topic

So the day of reckoning regarding free agency is nearly here, and the flood gates will soon be opened. How busy do you think tomorrow will be? Do you think the big names will be swooped up very early with action abundant...or do you think that this year might be a bit slower then usual.

It seems that the talent pool this year, aside from a few names, is suspiciously lacking when compared to other years.

Anyways, things regarding the 2010-2011 season should be cleared up soon.

I'm not anticipating anything fancy from the Wings, but it will be interesting to see where a few guys end up.

Free agency looms!

Guest mindfly

Big names will go the first 3 days then the scrum/cheap players will be available for the rest of the month and august for kenny to sign...4th line grinder/tough guy + 6th D man.

Edited by mindfly

What do you all think about possibly adding Paul Martin? Just curious on the general feelings towards the idea.

As for how busy, I don't think it will be too busy. Pretty much what mindfly said.

Edited by Nhurdi

We have 5 million free and don't have to be under the cap till end of training camp, I vote we pick up another top 6 guy and make things interesting.

If Holland signs anyone, it'll be a an aging forward and defensman for a year. Not knocking Holland, that is just his M.O. It's not like another Hossa situation is gonna drop in our laps...

Guest mindfly

What do you all think about possibly adding Paul Martin? Just curious on the general feelings towards the idea.

As for how busy, I don't think it will be too busy. Pretty much what mindfly said.

Paul Martin could get 5M on the open market... you do the math :rolleyes:

Wings still need a couple of pieces, namely another defenseman. Hopefully Holland will be able to jump into the fray tomorrow and pick up a good one.

I see Burke making waves tomorrow...any predictions?

Wings still need a couple of pieces, namely another defenseman. Hopefully Holland will be able to jump into the fray tomorrow and pick up a good one.

I see Burke making waves tomorrow...any predictions?

I could see Burke going after Paul Martin. Also, Marc Savard.

I don't think Holland will be making any moves tomorrow. Of course, he will extend offers, but don't expect anything significant. The biggest move that I could see Holland pulling is offering Modano a 1million/1 year deal. If that doesn't happen, I'm thinking he signs a 4th liner and a 3rd pairing defenseman by the end of July.

I'm hearing that a lot of free agent defensemen are looking for $5 mil like Gonchar, Hamhuis, Volchenkov, Martin. Raffy and Nick at $6 mil and Kronner and Stuart at $3.5 mil are really looking good right now.

Exactly why i said "curious on the general feelings towards the idea". I like the player, i fully realize it's not a possibility due to $ unless we moved someone which is not likely. So other than the 5 mill what are your thoughts on him? :rolleyes:

There isn't all the much to sign really...

The good GMs will make their mark. I am hoping that Bobby Ryan gets stolen by Edmonton. That will be my BOLD prediction!

I could see Burke going after Paul Martin. Also, Marc Savard.

I don't think Holland will be making any moves tomorrow. Of course, he will extend offers, but don't expect anything significant. The biggest move that I could see Holland pulling is offering Modano a 1million/1 year deal. If that doesn't happen, I'm thinking he signs a 4th liner and a 3rd pairing defenseman by the end of July.

I don't think we would offer Modano even that. I bet vet min for him if he wants to...

Also I wouldn't be surprised if there is no signings except a Doug Jannik type. GR and Wing in a pinch type signing. I feel like he would wait a year and see how things play out before signing anything but the bottom of the barrel type.

I still wish he signed Vinny Prospal...

Not at all for the Wings I wouldn't expect them to sign anyone for a few weeks and i don't think there will a lot of action through out the league either not like past years anyway

Guest Crymson

Yeah, I would like if he brought in Prospal.

Never could afford them but Hamhuis or Mitchell would be great to have. Both of them would make us a ***** to play against.

How many times must it be said that Prospal and Babcock have bad blood between them from their mutual days in Anaheim? People have said it numerous times, yet you still complain that Holland hasn't signed him.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I wonder how long it will take for Kovalchuk to sign

Guest mindfly

Exactly why i said "curious on the general feelings towards the idea". I like the player, i fully realize it's not a possibility due to $ unless we moved someone which is not likely. So other than the 5 mill what are your thoughts on him? :rolleyes:

He's a really really good defenseman but I can't really think much about him because I know he can't be on the wings unless a big trade happens and ken holland don't seem to work that way.. like burke does.