• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

Versteeg a Leaf

Rate this topic

I think Versteegs hit was just over $3M a year.

Chicago is probably $8M under the cap, and they have a whole 13 players signed. They'll continue to bleed players tomorrow.

Let me guess, you're counting Huet?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

so what did Chicago get out of this trade exactly?

Much needed cap room was the primary reason. Stahlberg is an intriguing prospect also. Not bad return imo, given their situation.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Much needed cap room was the primary reason. Stahlberg is an intriguing prospect also. Not bad return imo, given their situation.

I would agree. Stalberg has potential.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

The best player out of the five, Stalberg.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves there now shortstop.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

People need to keep in mind that Niemi returning isn't a done deal. If the price isn't right he could be gone.

Let me guess, you're counting Huet?

Don't forget, once they rid themseves of Huet they will still not lose all of his cap hit because a certain amount of it still needs to go for Niemi's huge pay raise. (Where's the accountant on the calculator emoticon when you need it?)

I will admit that the hawks offseason isn't going as bad as I has hoped. But I wonder how long it will take for them to get some chemistry. You always see that the points you don't get in October and November come back to haunt you in March and April the hawks better hope that there lines click right away or the wings will run away with the division pretty quick

People need to keep in mind that Niemi returning isn't a done deal. If the price isn't right he could be gone.

He'd be the next I'd let go. I was kind of prepared for him to be gone anyways.

Oooh, that would be fun! I'd like to see them have to suffer with Huet. Or, even more hilariously, signing someone like Turco.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

He'd be the next I'd let go. I was kind of prepared for him to be gone anyways.

is that sarcasm?

Don't forget, once they rid themseves of Huet they will still not lose all of his cap hit because a certain amount of it still needs to go for Niemi's huge pay raise. (Where's the accountant on the calculator emoticon when you need it?)

I'm aware of the raises that him Ladd, and Hjalmarrson will likely get.

Like I said, if another team wants one of those guys bad enough, the Hawks will have to lose them.

Don't know what to think of this one.

Leafs gave up some intriguing prospects (except for Paradis - he's not much) but get back somebody with Cup experience and some talent to boot in Versteeg. I don't know a damn thing about Sweatt.

Don't know what to think of this one.

Leafs gave up some intriguing prospects (except for Paradis - he's not much) but get back somebody with Cup experience and some talent to boot in Versteeg. I don't know a damn thing about Sweatt.

Bill Sweatt was very impressive in the NCAA with Colorado college, he's got fantastic speed and very good hands.

He was quite dynamic when I watched him, he might even be able to jump right into the line up.

is that sarcasm?

I mean in terms of the higher priced guys (Hjalmarsson, Sharp), he'd be the next guy I'd let go. I forgot about Ladd. I' obviously keep Niemi over him.

But yeah, if it comes down to losing Niemi or losing Hjalmarsson, I'd absolutely take Hjalmarsson. Niemi is the end is probably an average goalie. He got hot for a few rounds, but so did Chris Osgood and Cam Ward.

With his agents comments after the season was over, it sounded like he wanted out. I was kind of prepared for him leaving and the Hawks faced with the task of getting a Marty Turco type guy.

But I suppose since he won the cup, you're going to say Niemi is some kind of badass goalie that would be devastating to lose.

Bill Sweatt was very impressive in the NCAA with Colorado college, he's got fantastic speed and very good hands.

He was quite dynamic when I watched him, he might even be able to jump right into the line up.

Sounds like Stalberg, to be honest.

Stalberg has blazing speed, decent hands but wouldn't go into the corners. That was the kiss of death for him with Brian Burke. Stalberg plays too scared. Get got popped by Volchenkov early last season and never got his confidence back.

I mean in terms of the higher priced guys (Hjalmarsson, Sharp), he'd be the next guy I'd let go. I forgot about Ladd. I' obviously keep Niemi over him.

But yeah, if it comes down to losing Niemi or losing Hjalmarsson, I'd absolutely take Hjalmarsson. Niemi is the end is probably an average goalie. He got hot for a few rounds, but so did Chris Osgood and Cam Ward.

With his agents comments after the season was over, it sounded like he wanted out. I was kind of prepared for him leaving and the Hawks faced with the task of getting a Marty Turco type guy.

But I suppose since he won the cup, you're going to say Niemi is some kind of badass goalie that would be devastating to lose.

I know you're bating, but this comparison is laughable.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

lol. don't compare the two. osgood has 3 stanley cups and is 10th all time in wins.

Wow. Finals appearances in 1998, 2008, and 2009 is getting hot for a few rounds?

Edited by hockey23