• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

Versteeg a Leaf

Rate this topic

And the Blackhawks are doing a good job of insuring long term success by replenishing their minor league system with these trades.

The amount of denial on this board re: the Hawks situation is absolutely hilarious.

We have 3 of the best players in the NHL locked up at extremely young ages and are now stocking up on more good minor league young talent. Exactly how are the Blackhawks in bad shape long term? Campbell and....

Ok, just a quick reality check: Prospects mean jack s*** till they prove they can cut it in the NHL. So don't count your chickens.

and like I've said elsewhere, our core is younger and deeper, even if you disagree that in 2010 it isn't better. Most of your best players are in their 30s (Lidstrom is 40) , most of our best players are in their 20s. That is a fact. And we are absolutely STACKED with prospects. The Hawks are going to be good for awhile.

Don't compare the Wings and Hawks based on the core and where they're at. The Hawks now are somewhat similar to the '97 wings. YOu can start comparing once Kane and Toews win 3 cups and then they can transition flawlessly to a new core and that core wins a cup, all while being a top 4 seed every year.

Today is June 30th. Free Agency hasn't even begun. If you think the Hawks are out of the clear, you are delusional. Just wait and let the events unfold.

It doesn't matter. Even if the Blackhawks don't lose anybody else that's significant, you guys will still be talking about how the Hawks were dismantled.

I can see the first thread title on this board the day the regular season ends-

"LOL Hawks finish with only 102 points. Was the Stanley Cup worth it, Chicago?

Ok, just a quick reality check: Prospects mean jack s*** till they prove they can cut it in the NHL. So don't count your chickens.

loll ok so we have elite young talent locked up long term, and a good minor league system. So explain to me we're built for short term success. What else do they need to do?

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

It doesn't matter. Even if the Blackhawks don't lose anybody else that's significant, you guys will still be talking about how the Hawks were dismantled.

But they will. sorry.

Don't compare the Wings and Hawks based on the core and where they're at. The Hawks now are somewhat similar to the '97 wings. YOu can start comparing once Kane and Toews win 3 cups and then they can transition flawlessly to a new core and that core wins a cup, all while being a top 4 seed every year.

And until they get a chance to do that and fail, you can't say they're different either.

But they will. sorry.

Ok and let's say they lose Ladd and keep everyone else.

Guess what? Still a very good team.

Seriously, why can't you guys accept that the Blackhawks will still be a good team next season? Why is that so difficult?

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Seriously, why can't you guys accept that the Blackhawks will still be a good team next season? Why is that so difficult?

Why can't you grasp reality?

Why can't you grasp reality?

Are you joking?

I can't wait until what you say when the offseason is over and the Blackhawks still have a good team.

Soooo bitter. I guess accepting the fact that the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup AND are going to be good again next season is too much for your brain to process.

Edited by SH444

The truth lies somewhere in between the two claims made in this thread. The Blackhawks still have one of the best rosters in the league, studded with Kane, Toews, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook, etc. However, they're also losing about 60 goals from their depth players, putting a lot more pressure on their top guys. If injuries set in, or the top guys start to slump, they're not going to have as easy of a time making it up as they did last season.

Nonetheless, they will remain a contender and give us a solid run for the Central for the foreseeable future. I'm pretty convinced that's a good thing; a little competition might be beneficial for both teams, and will definitely make the season more enjoyable to watch.

Yeah i know the Red Wings matched up with the Hawks in the 09 playoffs and failed.....Oh wait thats right.... The Red Wings stomped Chicago 4 games to 1

And exactly what does that havew to do with the conversation?

And a picture from 2 seasons ago with a player that isn't even on our team anymore? Talk about living in the past. Not to mention the Red Wings finished that season exactly the same as the Blackhawks: without a cup.

The truth lies somewhere in between the two claims made in this thread. The Blackhawks still have one of the best rosters in the league, studded with Kane, Toews, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook, etc. However, they're also losing about 60 goals from their depth players, putting a lot more pressure on their top guys. If injuries set in, or the top guys start to slump, they're not going to have as easy of a time making it up as they did last season.

Nonetheless, they will remain a contender and give us a solid run for the Central for the foreseeable future. I'm pretty convinced that's a good thing; a little competition might be beneficial for both teams, and will definitely make the season more enjoyable to watch.

See, this is a perfectly reasonable post. Why can't more people accept the fact that the Hawks will still be good? That's what this all stems from and is the only reason that I'm here. I keep seeing Red Wings fans claim we are going to crash hard this season, and there's really nothing to suggest that.

Also, I'll point out that the Hawks had some significant injuries last season. Hossa, Bolland, and Campbell all missed significant time.

See, this is a perfectly reasonable post. Why can't more people accept the fact that the Hawks will still be good? That's what this all stems from and is the only reason that I'm here. I keep seeing Red Wings fans claim we are going to crash hard this season, Lose a lot of our depth and not be as good as we were last year. Hence not winning the division and probably not make another deep playoff run.

There i fixed that for you.

Edited by Original-Six

On paper the Hawks will still be good. But they're not great. They'll struggle. They have a good core, but honestly, players like Hossa just didn't deliver like they should have. Chicago had a relatively easy walk to the Finals this year. Let's not forget they're banking on Niemi, who in all liklihood is a one-hit wonder like 90% of the other goalies in the league who make a run at the finals.

loll ok so we have elite young talent locked up long term, and a good minor league system. So explain to me we're built for short term success. What else do they need to do?

Only elite players you have is Kane and Keith . Toews, Hossa, and Seabrook are all above average but not elite. As for your minor league system, NHL scouts consider Detroit's farm system to be stronger than Chicagos.

The Hawks will lose some of their depth, but won't be as bad as we would like to think. It should be a close race for the Central Division this year, and I'm looking forward to it.

And you still can't do it. Complete denial.

Mr. Blackhawk man - I asked on page 1 for a source for the bonus overage only being $1.3 mil and I guess you didn't see it so I'll ask again. I haven't seen this anywhere and now I'm seeing this from Mirtle on Twitter...

And several people reporting Ladd in play, too. I think it's clear from this how far over Chicago is, likely due to the bonus overage.

With the amount of threads about the Blackhawks on here, this almost is a Blackhawks board.

I just think it's hilarious how some of you (not all, some) keep pretending like the Hawks are being dismantled instead of just getting a little bit worse.

But it's not a Hawks board. The number of Hawks threads on here is proportional to volume of Blackhawks related hockey news.

You're reading the "General Discussion" boards of a hockey forum. The Blackhawks trades and potential trades are dominating TSN and the rest of the relevant hockey news media. Why would you expect our general discussion forum to be any different?

The difference is that you're playing the role of the antagonist in every ******* Hawk thread. You haven't contributed to anything on here-- you're shaking up a bee's nest and giggling like a ******* 8 year old girl.

TL;DR : f*** off with the trolling. You provide nothing of substance on these boards and are an annoyance.

Because they've sucked for so long? Old habits die hard. :P

Seriously the benefit of being that awful is drafting the likes of Kane and Toews. Any team with those two and Keith probably isn't going to suck. Any team with those three that can piece together a decent supporting cast will be good. Especially when you throw in Hossa, you know they'll be good in the regular season.

I think some of the fixation people have on watching the Hawks Cup team get dismantled is because they had a crazy amount of talent on that team, in great part because of the contract situations of their young players. Everyone knew a day of reckoning would come when those players got contracts at their market value. Those days are here now.

Not to mention it's just a reflex to hate the Hawks. In a weird way it's nice that they're a team worthy of hating again. :D

Edited by haroldsnepsts

So now you've resorted to blatant lies based on nothing?

And what team is falling apart? Certainly not the Blackhawks. So far the 2 main guys we've lost are 2 guys who were ass in the regular season.

They might of played like ass in the regular season but they did help the Hawks' win it all and that you cannot deny. Also Sopel was pretty good on defense during the run. He was not the main guy but he did his part and that is all you can ask. Any hockey fan will know losing depth the way Chi is will hurt, us Red Wings fans know this.

They still got a core so now it is up to their new role players to step up.

If he can't handle getting knocked on his keester every now, and then - the NHL might not his cup of Joe.

Agree Its not like the hit was that bad..... i doubt it had anything to do with his decline. If a hit like that shakes him up for the rest of the year he probably shouldn't be playing in the NHL.

And you still can't do it. Complete denial.

K next question for Mr. Blackhawk. How would the Hawks look if they lost also lost Ladd, Huet, and Bolland/Sharp? Here's what I get with the $4 mil in overage (since you cant back up the $1.3)

AUTO-GENERATED CAPGEEK.COM LINES

FORWARDS

Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)

Patrick Sharp ($3.900m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / * Jack Skille ($1.275m)

Tomas Kopecky ($1.200m) / Kyle Beach ($1.171m) / Marty Reasoner ($1.150m)

Troy Brouwer ($1.025m) / Viktor Stalberg ($0.850m) / Jake Dowell ($0.525m)

* Bryan Bickell ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Campbell ($7.143m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)

Brent Seabrook ($3.500m) / * Niklas Hjalmarsson ($2.643m)

Brian Connelly ($0.875m) / Simon Danis-Pepin ($0.850m)

Shawn Lalonde ($0.773m)

GOALTENDERS

* Antti Niemi ($2.826m) / Corey Crawford ($0.800m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(no bonus cushion is used in these calculations)

ROSTER: 22; CAP: $55.4m; PAYROLL: $57.795m; CAP ROOM: $-2.395m

I'm lazy and just put 2's in front of Hjalmarsson's and Niemi's cap hits. I'm guessing they'll be signed somewhere in that range. But, this still leaves them with $2.4 mil to cut.