• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

Versteeg a Leaf

Rate this topic

Fair enough, no need to get mad.

So maybe we'll lose Ladd and Bolland still or something like that. Maybe not a team that can win the Cup, but we'll still be good and competitive next season and that's all I'm really looking for.

I'm not mad with you. I dislike the trolls. You've been nothing but reasonable. LGW needs more fans of other teams that are willing to honestly discuss hockey instead of trolling. :thumbup:

If we can love Duck Guy after the 07 playoffs we can love anyone. (Except Pronger. f*** him)

Well no, but you already counted the loss of Byfuglien. You can't count it again.

And yeah, I mean obviously we're downgrading big time. I'm not trying to say in any way that these trades make us better. We're obviously getting worse and there's only one reason for these trades.

At least you guys were smart enough to trade them to crappy teams in the East and for the record I think Stalburg will be good for you guys. He's got great hands.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I'm not mad with you. I dislike the trolls. You've been nothing but reasonable. LGW needs more fans of other teams that are willing to honestly discuss hockey instead of trolling. :thumbup:

If we can love Duck Guy after the 07 playoffs we can love anyone. (Except Pronger. f*** him)

:thumbup:

IMO, Chicago should have just traded Hossa. They could have gotten good players in return (instead of good PROSPECTS and career 3rd and 4th liners). I mean seriously, they made it to the WCF without Hossa. Now, they pay him a ton of money and he has another sub par playoff performance? Kane, Keith, and Toews could have kept this team afloat with a strong core, but now, they are losing this all because they had to go for the overkill signing (hossa).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another tweet from McKenzie earlier in the day (just incase you didn't see it)

"Final tweets for night: Sounds like Ladd on move out of CHI. If he goes to arb, too expensive for CHI. One NHL GM predicts ATL gets him. "

If true, that means that Chicago will have lost:

-Byfuglien

-Versteeg

-Ladd

-Sopel

-Eager

-Fraser

(am I missing somebody?)

Also, there have been reports that it is very unlikely Madden and Burish will return because they will both seek more playing time and money. On top of that, they have to give Niemi and Hjalmarsson big raises. In what realm do Hawks fans think they won't lose much?

Madden won't be back, its pretty much for sure... Not the most offensive player, but great guy nonetheless.

Edited by Shaman464

Blackhawks cap situation with MINIMUM (10%) raises for RFA's (marked with *) with McKenzie's bonus prediction.

Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)

Patrick Sharp ($3.900m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / * Andrew Ladd ($1.705m)

* Jack Skille ($1.403m) / Tomas Kopecky ($1.200m) / Marty Reasoner ($1.150m)

Troy Brouwer ($1.025m) / Viktor Stalberg ($0.850m) / * Bryan Bickell ($0.550m)

Brian Campbell ($7.143m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)

Brent Seabrook ($3.500m) / * Niklas Hjalmarsson ($0.707m)

Cristobal Huet ($5.625m) / * Antti Niemi ($1.550m)

ROSTER: 18; CAP: $55.2m; PAYROLL: $57.096m; CAP ROOM: $-1.831m BONUSES: $0.065m

Still need another forward and 3 defensemen. Yes, I know Huet is probably not going to be on the roster. This is just to show what the roster looks like at the moment.

Guest Heaten

Blackhawks cap situation with MINIMUM (10%) raises for RFA's (marked with *) with McKenzie's bonus prediction.

Still need another forward and 3 defensemen. Yes, I know Huet is probably not going to be on the roster. This is just to show what the roster looks like at the moment.

Looking at it from this perspective, it looks like Blackhawks will need to lose one of Sharp or Bolland. Losing Ladd won't be enough to fill the roster with even scrubs.

Either Bowman knows something about the bonus situation everyone else doesn't, or he's on crack.

Just as big as announcing the trade was Bowman’s casual insistence that he’ll have no trouble signing his big three restricted free agents. Antti Niemi, Niklas Hjalmarsson and Andrew Ladd hit the market Thursday and could potentially be plucked away by another team.

“Offer-sheet talk is of no concern to me,” Bowman said.

He was right about one thing. There haven’t been many restricted free agents that have switched teams over the years. But does that mean the Hawks will match anyone’s offer, or does Bowman just not believe anyone will get an offer?

“[Offer sheets] don’t concern me,” Bowman repeated. “These guys are going to remain with the Blackhawks. We have plenty of flexibility to make things work.”

It's one thing to say "we don't have to make any more moves", but it's another to flat out say those guys will be back. I don't know if that could even be considered posturing.

Really weird.

IMO, Chicago should have just traded Hossa. They could have gotten good players in return (instead of good PROSPECTS and career 3rd and 4th liners). I mean seriously, they made it to the WCF without Hossa. Now, they pay him a ton of money and he has another sub par playoff performance? Kane, Keith, and Toews could have kept this team afloat with a strong core, but now, they are losing this all because they had to go for the overkill signing (hossa).

doesn't Hossa have a NTC... at least in the first several years of his deal?

back to the topic at hand - I think this was a great deal for both teams - Chicago gets cap relief and all prospects, meaning more cap space and roster spots and Toronto gets a proven NHL player with 20+ goal ability and some nastiness to his game, not to mention another pretty decent prospect in Sweat...

Edited by stevkrause

Cap is at 59.4 now... that leaves 2.4 to fill those spots... that can be done...

Cap is at 59.4 now... that leaves 2.4 to fill those spots... that can be done...

And Technically the only need 2 defenseman, then it could be one forward or one D-man, nothing says you need two scratches, the Wings operated with just Meech for most of last season if I am not mistaken.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think that the Blackhawks aren't top five in terms of defensive depth, even after this off-season. They've got arguably the best defenseman in the league in Keith, as well as three top-pairing defensemen in Seabrook, Campbell, and Hjalmarsson. With those four guys, even filling in the last two spots with scrubs, they'll be pretty solid on the back end.

The main problem I see for the Blackhawks following this off-season is being too top heavy offensively. They've got Hossa, Kane, Toews, and either Sharp or Bolland (following this off-season), but no real scoring threats outside of the top three or four.

I'm also not so sure Niemi is as solid as people give him credit for. His save percentage isn't terribly impressive, and even Huet (with a .895 save percentage) managed four shutouts compared to Niemi's seven.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think that the Blackhawks aren't top five in terms of defensive depth, even after this off-season. They've got arguably the best defenseman in the league in Keith, as well as three top-pairing defensemen in Seabrook, Campbell, and Hjalmarsson. With those four guys, even filling in the last two spots with scrubs, they'll be pretty solid on the back end.

The main problem I see for the Blackhawks following this off-season is being too top heavy offensively. They've got Hossa, Kane, Toews, and either Sharp or Bolland (following this off-season), but no real scoring threats outside of the top three or four.

I'm also not so sure Niemi is as solid as people give him credit for. His save percentage isn't terribly impressive, and even Huet (with a .895 save percentage) managed four shutouts compared to Niemi's seven.

They are considerably weaker, without a doubt, but they're probably not going to go to basement dwellers with that much talent in their top lines... the problem is, they are much easier to match up against now and goaltending is still a concern...

As it was stated in this thread according to Bob McKenzie CHI real cap number is $55.2M because of bonus issues.

With the way the playoffs seem to be played now a days just having a goalie show up for one game is good enough. Both goalies in the SCF looked like Swiss cheese every other game.

Edited by dragonballgtz

they can still bounce bonus numbers to next years cap... one loophole in the CBA...

Yeah, but that then limits their cap for next year. Since 2011/12 is the final season of the CBA, teams won't be able to carry bonuses over after that season.

So if you carry a bonus over to next season, you're working with a smaller cap in 2011/12 AND you have to count all your bonuses towards the cap.

Teams will do all they can to avoid carrying over bonuses this year.

Yeah, but that then limits their cap for next year. Since 2011/12 is the final season of the CBA, teams won't be able to carry bonuses over after that season.

So if you carry a bonus over to next season, you're working with a smaller cap in 2011/12 AND you have to count all your bonuses towards the cap.

Teams will do all they can to avoid carrying over bonuses this year.

oh, I didn't say it was a smart cap move, just said that they COULD do it... they pretty much put themselves in cap purgatory last year for a cup anyway, but hey, they got their cup...

Guest Heaten

I think he set their cap at $55 million because of their $4+ million in bonuses they lose in cap space.

Remember last Red Wings lost 4 players (Hossa, Kopecky, Hudler and Samuelsson) and it really showed. This year Blackhawks lost/are losing 5 or 6 players.. that's going to hurt them... more than their fans like to admit, they are going to be pretty thin.

I think he set their cap at $55 million because of their $4+ million in bonuses they lose in cap space.

Remember last Red Wings lost 4 players (Hossa, Kopecky, Hudler and Samuelsson) and it really showed. This year Blackhawks lost/are losing 5 or 6 players.. that's going to hurt them... more than their fans like to admit, they are going to be pretty thin.

VERY good comparison... although they haven't lost anyone with the impact of Hossa, they still lost a LOT of depth and that is what wins championships in the cap world...

Guest Heaten

VERY good comparison... although they haven't lost anyone with the impact of Hossa, they still lost a LOT of depth and that is what wins championships in the cap world...

I don't consider Hossa an impact player for the DRW since we won the cup without him the year before and he didn't earn his paycheck in the 2009 playoffs. He didn't earn his paycheck in Chicago either. Lucky for them, they had Byfugialian(sp) as their secret weapon. Now he's gone and they still have Hossa.

Edited by Heaten

Guest screwdahawks

Fun for the Blackhawks fans, yeah. We're losing way less than everyone thought. I'm loving it. We may not even lose Ladd.

Too bad we can't lose you. But it's common knowledge the there isn't much in the way of intelligent hockey fans on the Chicago boards so, here you are. I guess we'll just have to regurgitate and put up with your drivel.

Guest screwdahawks

At least you guys were smart enough to trade them to crappy teams in the East and for the record I think Stalburg will be good for you guys. He's got great hands.

According to Leaf fans the problem with Stalberg is that after getting clocked Volchenkov he became a perimeter player and no longer would fight for the puck.. Maybe it's just a way to sooth over the pain of losing him, I don't watch Leaf games so ????????

Not sure why you think I take bandwagon fans as an insult. I don't care. I'm not one, so why would I? I don't even live in Chicago, so I don't have to deal with them. In fact, I'm on your side with that argument. I hate bandwagon fans as much as you.

About what? I'd love to hear this.

There's a great chance that this is all we lose this offseason, which is WAY less than (legit) fans thought just a few weeks ago.

Really, what are we in denial about? I'm interested.

Seems like WIngs fan are grasping for straws now that the offseason isn't going to be nearly as bad for the Hawks as you thought.

Maybe bandwagon Wings fans do. Don't pretend that you're not one of the s***cago fans chanting "Detroit Sucks".

and what straws are we grasping at? We've won the cup took us a 42 year drought but look what we did with our team after we did.

Come talk to me in 20 years and we will see who's grasping at straws.

Edited by HelmerFan

I mean the Hawks are going to be a good team next year. The thing that made them so good this year was their depth. Next year their depth is going to hinge on AHLers/fringe NHLers/undeveloped prospects. Any injuries to key players could kill this team. I expect them to surely come back to the pack unless some of these young unproven guys really step up. It will be interesting.

According to Leaf fans the problem with Stalberg is that after getting clocked Volchenkov he became a perimeter player and no longer would fight for the puck.. Maybe it's just a way to sooth over the pain of losing him, I don't watch Leaf games so ????????

He scored like 5 or 6 goals in the pre-season and then 9 goals in the regular season, including being benched at times and sent to the minors.

He has potential, no doubt. But his hands and his head have to catch up to his feet.

Edited by MacK_Attack

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

lol what was all that from those Hawks fans, being so convinced Ladd would stay?

Worried yet? Or still in complete denial.

"The Wing's will be able to keep Hudler, Sammy, and Hossa"