• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

Versteeg a Leaf

Rate this topic

"The Wing's will be able to keep Hudler, Sammy, and Hossa"

Not sure who you are quoting there...

And we DID keep Hudler... kinda. Anyone with sense knew that Hossa was gone. Sammy was a loss, but honestly no one really missed him at the time, it wasn't until he had a career year that people started to really miss him.

The bigger loss last year was Franzen and other injuries. I think we did pretty well considered.

Lets see if the Hawks can do it too. Imagine if THEY get hit with a few injuries next year, lol.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Not sure who you are quoting there...

And we DID keep Hudler... kinda. Anyone with sense knew that Hossa was gone. Sammy was a loss, but honestly no one really missed him at the time, it wasn't until he had a career year that people started to really miss him.

The bigger loss last year was Franzen and other injuries. I think we did pretty well considered.

Lets see if the Hawks can do it too. Imagine if THEY get hit with a few injuries next year, lol.

I was merely trying to show that many Wing's fans had unrealistic expectations of how many players they could have kept a few offseasons. It is only natural for fans, and I for one don't blame them for assuming the best. If Huet was to be sent down, a lot of this mess would not have happened. An ideal and unlikely scenario for sure, but one that was still a possibility.

I mean the Hawks are going to be a good team next year. The thing that made them so good this year was their depth. Next year their depth is going to hinge on AHLers/fringe NHLers/undeveloped prospects. Any injuries to key players could kill this team. I expect them to surely come back to the pack unless some of these young unproven guys really step up. It will be interesting.

This is pretty much the way I see it. What made us so great last season what the amazing depth. We're definitely losing that. We'll still be good, but we can't afford any injuries like we had last season. One big injury could be big trouble. If we stay healthy we'll be fine (at least for the regular season).

Hopefully the young guys continue to improve. Don't forget Kane/Toews are still only 21 and 22.

After the news of the Kane/Toews bonus cap hits came down, I said the priority should be to keep our top 4 forwards and top 4 d-men. We're likely going to do that, so at least we'll have 2 good offensive lines and 2 good d pairings.

They key is Hjalmarsson. We absolutely cannot afford to lose him.

lol what was all that from those Hawks fans, being so convinced Ladd would stay?

Worried yet? Or still in complete denial.

People I talk to pretty much knew Lad was gone. There was a little glimmer of hope when there started to be speculation about not all 4 mil of bonuses counting against the cap, but we were expecting this.

Well, with the Ladd trade following the Byfuglien and Versteeg trades, it brings up some interesting thoughts.

Neither Ladd nor Byfuglien will play the left side with Toews. Neither played much with him in the Finals either.

Perhaps we see a continuation of that Finals line instead, with Kane on the second line alongside Sharp?

2010-11 CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Tomas Kopecky ($1.200m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)

Viktor Stalberg ($0.850m) / Patrick Sharp ($3.900m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)

Troy Brouwer ($1.025m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Marcus Kruger ($0.735m)

Chris DiDomenico ($0.678m) / Marty Reasoner ($1.150m) / * Bryan Bickell ($0.550m)

Jake Dowell ($0.525m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brent Seabrook ($3.500m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)

Brian Campbell ($7.143m) / * Niklas Hjalmarsson ($2.250m)

* Danny Richmond ($0.550m) / * Jordan Hendry ($0.675m)

John Scott ($0.512m)

GOALTENDERS

* Antti Niemi ($2.250m) / Corey Crawford ($0.800m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 22; CAP:$59.4m; PAYROLL: $59.272m; CAP ROOM: $0.248m BONUSES: $0.145m

The key replacements on this roster:

Kopecky taking over Byfuglien's role as the primary net presence. It's something he should be able to provide, especially having already proven chemistry with Toews and Hossa.

Stalberg, Kruger, Didomenico, Reasoner, and Bickell taking over for Versteeg, Ladd, Fraser, Madden, and Eager.

Hendry taking over Sopel's role in the top five, and Richmond (?) taking a role in the top six.

Niemi proving he can be a strong starter for a full season, and Crawford showing the form that made him the Hawks' top goaltending prospect in prior seasons, not to mention considerably outplaying Niemi in the AHL in 08-09.

Chicago will be younger, given the number of prospects they will have coming onto the roster, with one vet (Reasoner) coming in to replace a vet (Madden) who was older and more expensive. Chicago's offseason plan includes dumping two other vets who will be replaced by young players (Sopel, Huet). Every other position will be replaced by younger, cheaper players who Bowman is hoping can develop well within their first couple of seasons.

They'll be good. Fourth or fifth in the conference. Probably top eight overall. But they won't make the Cup Finals and their chances at the WCF are slim.

Edited by eva unit zero

Well, with the Ladd trade following the Byfuglien and Versteeg trades, it brings up some interesting thoughts.

Neither Ladd nor Byfuglien will play the left side with Toews. Neither played much with him in the Finals either.

Perhaps we see a continuation of that Finals line instead, with Kane on the second line alongside Sharp?

2010-11 CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Tomas Kopecky ($1.200m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)

Viktor Stalberg ($0.850m) / Patrick Sharp ($3.900m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)

Troy Brouwer ($1.025m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Marcus Kruger ($0.735m)

Chris DiDomenico ($0.678m) / Marty Reasoner ($1.150m) / * Bryan Bickell ($0.550m)

Jake Dowell ($0.525m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Campbell ($7.143m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)

Brent Seabrook ($3.500m) / * Niklas Hjalmarsson ($2.250m)

* Danny Richmond ($0.550m) / * Jordan Hendry ($0.675m)

John Scott ($0.512m)

GOALTENDERS

* Antti Niemi ($2.250m) / Corey Crawford ($0.800m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 22; CAP:$59.4m; PAYROLL: $59.272m; CAP ROOM: $0.248m BONUSES: $0.145m

Where's the ~4.2 million they owe in bonus overages?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Capgeek automatically includes it now.

Beautiful, Beautiful post.