189 replies to this topic

#41 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:03 PM

Don't know what to think of this one.

Leafs gave up some intriguing prospects (except for Paradis - he's not much) but get back somebody with Cup experience and some talent to boot in Versteeg. I don't know a damn thing about Sweatt.

Bill Sweatt was very impressive in the NCAA with Colorado college, he's got fantastic speed and very good hands.

He was quite dynamic when I watched him, he might even be able to jump right into the line up.

#42 SH444

SH444

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:04 PM

is that sarcasm?

I mean in terms of the higher priced guys (Hjalmarsson, Sharp), he'd be the next guy I'd let go. I forgot about Ladd. I' obviously keep Niemi over him.

But yeah, if it comes down to losing Niemi or losing Hjalmarsson, I'd absolutely take Hjalmarsson. Niemi is the end is probably an average goalie. He got hot for a few rounds, but so did Chris Osgood and Cam Ward.

With his agents comments after the season was over, it sounded like he wanted out. I was kind of prepared for him leaving and the Hawks faced with the task of getting a Marty Turco type guy.

But I suppose since he won the cup, you're going to say Niemi is some kind of badass goalie that would be devastating to lose.

#43 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:05 PM

Bill Sweatt was very impressive in the NCAA with Colorado college, he's got fantastic speed and very good hands.

He was quite dynamic when I watched him, he might even be able to jump right into the line up.

Sounds like Stalberg, to be honest.

Stalberg has blazing speed, decent hands but wouldn't go into the corners. That was the kiss of death for him with Brian Burke. Stalberg plays too scared. Get got popped by Volchenkov early last season and never got his confidence back.

#44 Mickey Redmond

Mickey Redmond

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:06 PM

Or, even more hilariously, signing someone like Turco.

wings would win all their home games against Chicago that's for sure.

#45 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

I'm glad the Leafs were able to get a top-six forward without moving Kaberle. Still have that chip to play.

#46 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:11 PM

I mean in terms of the higher priced guys (Hjalmarsson, Sharp), he'd be the next guy I'd let go. I forgot about Ladd. I' obviously keep Niemi over him.

But yeah, if it comes down to losing Niemi or losing Hjalmarsson, I'd absolutely take Hjalmarsson. Niemi is the end is probably an average goalie. He got hot for a few rounds, but so did Chris Osgood and Cam Ward.

With his agents comments after the season was over, it sounded like he wanted out. I was kind of prepared for him leaving and the Hawks faced with the task of getting a Marty Turco type guy.

But I suppose since he won the cup, you're going to say Niemi is some kind of badass goalie that would be devastating to lose.

I know you're bating, but this comparison is laughable.
Posted Image

#47 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:11 PM

lol. don't compare the two. osgood has 3 stanley cups and is 10th all time in wins.
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#48 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:12 PM

imo Stalberg is a little overrated. Not to mention Chicago gave up one of their better prospects in Sweatt.

#49 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

Wow. Finals appearances in 1998, 2008, and 2009 is getting hot for a few rounds?

Edited by hockey23, 30 June 2010 - 10:16 PM.

#50 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

Wow. 1998, 2008, and 2009 is getting hot for a few rounds?

Unfair to bring up 98 and 08... he only started watching hockey in 09.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#51 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:17 PM

imo Stalberg is a little overrated. Not to mention Chicago gave up one of their better prospects in Sweatt.

He never recovered, confidence wise, after getting caught in the Volchenkov tracks early in the season. Played scared the rest of the way.

#52 SH444

SH444

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:21 PM

lol. don't compare the two. osgood has 3 stanley cups and is 10th all time in wins.

Stanley Cups and wins. 2 team stats.

Edited by SH444, 30 June 2010 - 10:23 PM.

#53 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:23 PM

LOL GOOD ONE BRO. Yeah, it's not like I've played hockey all my life or anything.

This is hilarious though. I just assumed Wings fan knew Osgood sucks now. Why are we bringing up 98? I'm talking about 2008, when Osgood sucked ass and still won the Cup.

Are you really going to say Osgood didn't suck in the 2008 regular season?

REALLY?

Its posts like these where you lose all credibility for any past or future argument by displaying a complete lack of any knowledge of hockey whatsoever.

He was on the allstar team in 08.

Edited by hooon, 30 June 2010 - 10:24 PM.

Posted Image

#54 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:23 PM

lawl. you deleted your other comment.
Posted Image

#55 SH444

SH444

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:24 PM

Osgood's career .905 save percentage = BEAST

#56 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Its posts like these where you lose all credibility for any past or future argument by displaying a complete lack of any knowledge of hockey whatsoever.

that would explain why he went back and deleted it haha
Posted Image

#57 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

LOL GOOD ONE BRO. Yeah, it's not like I've played hockey all my life or anything.

This is hilarious though. I just assumed Wings fan knew Osgood sucks now. Why are we bringing up 98? I'm talking about 2008, when Osgood sucked ass and still won the Cup.

Are you really going to say Osgood didn't suck in the 2008 regular season?

REALLY?

You're proving his point. Osgood was excellent in the regular season before he won the cup. .914 sv % and a 2.09 GAA, not to mention a 27-9-4 record. pretty damn good if you ask me.

Edited by hockey23, 30 June 2010 - 10:26 PM.

#58 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

We all knew Stan Bowman was full of s*** when he said he didn't have to make more deals. :rolleyes: Like I (and virtually everyone else) said-- there's zero chance he could've stood pat without magically changing how the cap works.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#59 SH444

SH444

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:25 PM

lawl. you deleted your other comment.

Because I confused his 2007-2008 regular season with his 2008-2009.

Unlike you guys, I don't obsess about the Wings. Forgive me for a minor mixup. I'll be sure to focus more on your team than mine next time.

Osgood = hockey legend

#60 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:25 PM

.....and Blackhawk players continue to dwindle away.

Been a pretty fun offseason. I think they'll either move one more or lose out on a RFA or two.