• This topic is locked This topic is locked
189 replies to this topic

#121 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:28 PM

And you still can't do it. Complete denial.

Mr. Blackhawk man - I asked on page 1 for a source for the bonus overage only being $1.3 mil and I guess you didn't see it so I'll ask again. I haven't seen this anywhere and now I'm seeing this from Mirtle on Twitter...

And several people reporting Ladd in play, too. I think it's clear from this how far over Chicago is, likely due to the bonus overage.

#122 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:29 PM

With the amount of threads about the Blackhawks on here, this almost is a Blackhawks board.

I just think it's hilarious how some of you (not all, some) keep pretending like the Hawks are being dismantled instead of just getting a little bit worse.

But it's not a Hawks board. The number of Hawks threads on here is proportional to volume of Blackhawks related hockey news.

You're reading the "General Discussion" boards of a hockey forum. The Blackhawks trades and potential trades are dominating TSN and the rest of the relevant hockey news media. Why would you expect our general discussion forum to be any different?

The difference is that you're playing the role of the antagonist in everyf****** Hawk thread. You haven't contributed to anything on here-- you're shaking up a bee's nest and giggling like af****** 8 year old girl.

TL;DR : f*** off with the trolling. You provide nothing of substance on these boards and are an annoyance.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#123 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,247 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:30 PM

Ok and let's say they lose Ladd and keep everyone else.

Guess what? Still a very good team.

Seriously, why can't you guys accept that the Blackhawks will still be a good team next season? Why is that so difficult?

Because they've sucked for so long? Old habits die hard. :P

Seriously the benefit of being that awful is drafting the likes of Kane and Toews. Any team with those two and Keith probably isn't going to suck. Any team with those three that can piece together a decent supporting cast will be good. Especially when you throw in Hossa, you know they'll be good in the regular season.

I think some of the fixation people have on watching the Hawks Cup team get dismantled is because they had a crazy amount of talent on that team, in great part because of the contract situations of their young players. Everyone knew a day of reckoning would come when those players got contracts at their market value. Those days are here now.

Not to mention it's just a reflex to hate the Hawks. In a weird way it's nice that they're a team worthy of hating again. :D

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 30 June 2010 - 11:33 PM.

#124 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:33 PM

So now you've resorted to blatant lies based on nothing?

And what team is falling apart? Certainly not the Blackhawks. So far the 2 main guys we've lost are 2 guys who were ass in the regular season.

They might of played like ass in the regular season but they did help the Hawks' win it all and that you cannot deny. Also Sopel was pretty good on defense during the run. He was not the main guy but he did his part and that is all you can ask. Any hockey fan will know losing depth the way Chi is will hurt, us Red Wings fans know this.

They still got a core so now it is up to their new role players to step up.

#125 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:33 PM

If he can't handle getting knocked on his keester every now, and then - the NHL might not his cup of Joe.

Agree Its not like the hit was that bad..... i doubt it had anything to do with his decline. If a hit like that shakes him up for the rest of the year he probably shouldn't be playing in the NHL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvTrcvHlOD8

#126 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:48 PM

And you still can't do it. Complete denial.

K next question for Mr. Blackhawk. How would the Hawks look if they lost also lost Ladd, Huet, and Bolland/Sharp? Here's what I get with the $4 mil in overage (since you cant back up the $1.3)

AUTO-GENERATED CAPGEEK.COM LINES
FORWARDS
Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Patrick Sharp ($3.900m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / * Jack Skille ($1.275m)
Tomas Kopecky ($1.200m) / Kyle Beach ($1.171m) / Marty Reasoner ($1.150m)
Troy Brouwer ($1.025m) / Viktor Stalberg ($0.850m) / Jake Dowell ($0.525m)
* Bryan Bickell ($0.500m)
DEFENSEMEN
Brian Campbell ($7.143m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Brent Seabrook ($3.500m) / * Niklas Hjalmarsson ($2.643m)
Brian Connelly ($0.875m) / Simon Danis-Pepin ($0.850m)
Shawn Lalonde ($0.773m)
GOALTENDERS
* Antti Niemi ($2.826m) / Corey Crawford ($0.800m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(no bonus cushion is used in these calculations)
ROSTER: 22; CAP: $55.4m; PAYROLL: $57.795m; CAP ROOM: $-2.395m

I'm lazy and just put 2's in front of Hjalmarsson's and Niemi's cap hits. I'm guessing they'll be signed somewhere in that range. But, this still leaves them with $2.4 mil to cut.

#127 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:53 PM

K next question for Mr. Blackhawk. How would the Hawks look if they lost also lost Ladd, Huet, and Bolland/Sharp? Here's what I get with the $4 mil in overage (since you cant back up the $1.3)

FORWARDS
DEFENSEMEN
Shawn Lalonde ($0.773m)
GOALTENDERS
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

I'm lazy and just put 2's in front of Hjalmarsson's and Niemi's cap hits. I'm guessing they'll be signed somewhere in that range. But, this still leaves them with $2.4 mil to cut.

Great post.

Annnd cue the hawk troll's denial.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#128 dawings1905

dawings1905

Rookie

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:00 AM

And exactly what does that havew to do with the conversation?

And a picture from 2 seasons ago with a player that isn't even on our team anymore? Talk about living in the past. Not to mention the Red Wings finished that season exactly the same as the Blackhawks: without a cup.

See, this is a perfectly reasonable post. Why can't more people accept the fact that the Hawks will still be good? That's what this all stems from and is the only reason that I'm here. I keep seeing Red Wings fans claim we are going to crash hard this season, and there's really nothing to suggest that.

Also, I'll point out that the Hawks had some significant injuries last season. Hossa, Bolland, and Campbell all missed significant time.

So the reason you are on A WINGS forum is because Wings fans have opinions that differ from yours (remember they are opinions and neither can be proven either way right now), and that agitates you to a point that you will endlessly make attempts to argue who's OPINION is FACTUALLY correct? Got it, makes sense to me. Seriously how old are you? Three? And how dumb do you have to be to go to another teams site and try to change the opinions of a large portion of their fanbase? BTW, If the Wings were losing say..... Holmstrom, Flip, Lilja, and Big E, prior to FA even beginning (and replacing them with prospects whom had never really done much in the league) do you really think the Wings would contend for the cup? I don't, and I don't think the Hawks will win the cup with the losses they have already. What you probably don't realize due to your 40 + years of obscurity is that those players you lost are huge depth players that played a very significant role in your cup run. I ask you this......How many goals to Hoss score for you in the playoffs? Then tell me how many Buff and Versteeg scored? Get it yet?

#129 Gordon Bombay

Gordon Bombay

Prospect

• 31 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:09 AM

FORWARDS
DEFENSEMEN
Shawn Lalonde ($0.773m)
GOALTENDERS
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

You say that's without Sharp or Bolland, but you have both on that roster.

#130 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:11 AM

So the reason you are on A WINGS forum is because Wings fans have opinions that differ from yours (remember they are opinions and neither can be proven either way right now), and that agitates you to a point that you will endlessly make attempts to argue who's OPINION is FACTUALLY correct? Got it, makes sense to me. Seriously how old are you? Three? And how dumb do you have to be to go to another teams site and try to change the opinions of a large portion of their fanbase? BTW, If the Wings were losing say..... Holmstrom, Flip, Lilja, and Big E, prior to FA even beginning (and replacing them with prospects whom had never really done much in the league) do you really think the Wings would contend for the cup? I don't, and I don't think the Hawks will win the cup with the losses they have already. What you probably don't realize due to your 40 + years of obscurity is that those players you lost are huge depth players that played a very significant role in your cup run. I ask you this......How many goals to Hoss score for you in the playoffs? Then tell me how many Buff and Versteeg scored? Get it yet?

Boom, Roasted.
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#131 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:11 AM

You say that's without Sharp or Bolland, but you have both on that roster.

No, I was making the point that they would be $2.4 mil over and therefore would have to trade Bolland/Sharp.

#132 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:18 AM

From what I'm reading Toronto made out better in this trade. I'm reading that Stalberg is a decent player and has top 6 potential, but Sweatt has more upside. Stalberg, btw is -13 in only 40 games.

The other two prospect Chicago got don't seem to be highly touted by the TO fans.

Chicago continues to downgrade. Oh, and now there's rumors that Ladd may be gone.

#133 Gordon Bombay

Gordon Bombay

Prospect

• 31 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:31 AM

I think the 1.3 bonus figure he was getting from this- (from Adam Jahns of the Sun-Times)

There is only one bonus that will be reflective against the cap: Toews' 1.3 million for the Conn Smythe. Bowman said that's it.

Hardly definitive, but SH444 came from the same Chicago board as me so I'm pretty sure that's what he's citing. Who knows if it's true.

If it is though, they could do this (using the same players and figures as above)

2010-11 CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR
FORWARDS
Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m) / Troy Brouwer ($1.025m)
Tomas Kopecky ($1.200m) / Patrick Sharp ($3.900m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Kyle Beach ($1.171m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Marty Reasoner ($1.150m)
* Jack Skille ($1.275m) / Viktor Stalberg ($0.850m) / Jake Dowell ($0.525m)
DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook ($3.500m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Brian Campbell ($7.143m) / * Niklas Hjalmarsson ($2.643m)
Shawn Lalonde ($0.773m)
GOALTENDERS
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
ROSTER: 22; CAP:$58.1m; PAYROLL: $57.795m; CAP ROOM: $1.478m BONUSES: $1.173m

This is under and only missing Ladd, and that's still a very good roster.

From what I'm reading Toronto made out better in this trade. I'm reading that Stalberg is a decent player and has top 6 potential, but Sweatt has more upside. Stalberg, btw is -13 in only 40 games.

The other two prospect Chicago got don't seem to be highly touted by the TO fans.

Chicago continues to downgrade. Oh, and now there's rumors that Ladd may be gone.

But wasn't this expected? If the Blackhawks only end up losing Byfuglien/Madden/Sopel/Versteeg/Ladd, I'll be pretty happy. That's not nearly as bad as it looked like it might end up being.I was afraid we'd drop into the 6-8 seed range, but that would still be a team competeting for the division and a top seed.

Edited by Gordon Bombay, 01 July 2010 - 12:33 AM.

#134 Skeptikal

Skeptikal

Prospect

• 41 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:33 AM

TSNBobMcKenzie

NHL salary cap is $59.4M but CHI's real cap # is $55.2M because of performance bonus overages. Looks like that $4M estimate was bang on.

#135 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:36 AM

I think the 1.3 bonus figure he was getting from this- (from Adam Jahns of the Sun-Times)

Hardly definitive, but SH444 came from the same Chicago board as me so I'm pretty sure that's what he's citing. Who knows if it's true.

If it is though, they could do this (using the same players and figures as above)

2010-11 CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR
FORWARDS
Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m) / Troy Brouwer ($1.025m)
Tomas Kopecky ($1.200m) / Patrick Sharp ($3.900m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Kyle Beach ($1.171m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Marty Reasoner ($1.150m)
* Jack Skille ($1.275m) / Viktor Stalberg ($0.850m) / Jake Dowell ($0.525m)
DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook ($3.500m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Brian Campbell ($7.143m) / * Niklas Hjalmarsson ($2.643m)
Shawn Lalonde ($0.773m)
GOALTENDERS
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
ROSTER: 22; CAP:$58.1m; PAYROLL: $57.795m; CAP ROOM: $1.478m BONUSES: $1.173m

This is under and only missing Ladd, and that's still a very good roster.

I agree it's a pretty good roster, but Mirtle just tweeted that the Hawks would not give details on the bonus overages so I wonder how accurate that is. If it's only $1.3 they're in decent shape, but $4 mil could mean Sharp/Bolland.

Edit: $4.2 mil in overages. Now they might be in trouble.

Edited by hockey23, 01 July 2010 - 12:38 AM.

#136 Gordon Bombay

Gordon Bombay

Prospect

• 31 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:38 AM

TSNBobMcKenzie

We already know what people are reporting. The question is whether or not Bowman knows more than the rest of us. All that guy is reporting is the initial figures.

We'll have to wait and see. Hopefully the other report is right.

#137 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:41 AM

Damn ***** you got jacked *****.

#138 Gordon Bombay

Gordon Bombay

Prospect

• 31 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:41 AM

I agree it's a pretty good roster, but Mirtle just tweeted that the Hawks would not give details on the bonus overages so I wonder how accurate that is. If it's only $1.3 they're in decent shape, but $4 mil could mean Sharp/Bolland.

Edit: $4.2 mil in overages. Now they might be in trouble.

Take away Bolland and it's still pretty good. Probably fighting for home-ice in the first round.

#139 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:42 AM

But wasn't this expected? If the Blackhawks only end up losing Byfuglien/Madden/Sopel/Versteeg/Ladd/*Eager/Fraser, I'll be pretty happy. That's not nearly as bad as it looked like it might end up being.I was afraid we'd drop into the 6-8 seed range, but that would still be a team competeting for the division and a top seed.

*Fixed

Sounds like Hawks are right up against the cap with only 13 players and not able to afford any of their RFA until they move another $4.5 million (for Hjmerson(sp) and Niemi).

#140 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:45 AM

We all know about the Stanley Cup Hangover. Is there such a thing as a Salary Cap hangover? Everyone is just so worn out from having to get under the salary cap.

If the league were so inclined, could it just decide to dick the Hawks over and not help them out in any trades, causing them to be over the cap to start the season and forfeit every game in which they are over the cap?