• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
slavetothehotlight

What if?

Rate this topic

What if a team took a run at one of our RFA. I guess Helm would be the only one anyone would really want. Lets say a team offered him 2 million. Do we match or let him go? Seems pretty unlikely for someone with his numbers, but he has shown to be a playoff performer (although not so much this year) and with say 2nd line minutes he could put up some decent numbers in the reg season.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

What if a team took a run at one of our RFA. I guess Helm would be the only one anyone would really want. Lets say a team offered him 2 million. Do we match or let him go? Seems pretty unlikely for someone with his numbers, but he has shown to be a playoff performer (although not so much this year) and with say 2nd line minutes he could put up some decent numbers in the reg season.

Probably won't happen. I would be shocked if anybody offered two million for Helm. For the sake of the argument, if somebody did, we probably could not match that.

Other teams can't because Ken Holland made qualifying offers to all of the RFAs.

Not true. The only thing that the qualifying offer does is prevent our RFA's from becoming UFA's. Had Holland not submitted a qualifying offer, all of our RFA's would become UFA's.

Other teams can still poach our RFA's. If the player or the team elects for Arbitration, THEN the player is off the RFA market.

Well, a team like Anaheim (just as an example) could make an offer we couldn't match. But Helm, having a brain, probably wouldn't want to leave for an extra mil to play on a team that's going nowhere (about 70% of the league).

I don't think we have to be worried.

Not true. The only thing that the qualifying offer does is prevent our RFA's from becoming UFA's. Had Holland not submitted a qualifying offer, all of our RFA's would become UFA's.

Other teams can still poach our RFA's. If the player or the team elects for Arbitration, THEN the player is off the RFA market.

Thanks for enlightening me, I had thought that it was the way I described...but I'm glad to know that thats how it works.

I'm not worried. Teams generally don't take RFA runs at 3rd and 4th line talent. It's really not worth pissing other managers off for grinders. No one honestly thinks Helm is a top six player so they won't overpay for him and thus Holland can easily match an offer.