• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Looks like Hedberg is holding out in ATL

Rate this topic

Link

With all the goalies on the market this year, it is not a good year to be a UFA goalie - if ATL was going to offer him a decent deal, he should have just taken it, he might screw himself by waiting for free agency, as ATL could just go sign another one of those UFA's and let him walk and he may not see the same money they would have been willing to give him on the open market...

Edited by stevkrause

Yeah, Altanta is NOT the spot to be. If I am in the NHL I'd take less money to play with a better club then more money to play in the ATL. They are just God awful. I'd do the same thing and reject what they throw at me... unless obviously its something crazy that I simply just couldn't refuse.

Read somewhere that the Rangers might try to get him to lessen the load on Lundqvist.

why would he relinquish a starting role to be a backup? Doesn't make sense...

EDIT - and most likely for less money too...

Edited by stevkrause

why would he relinquish a starting role to be a backup? Doesn't make sense...

EDIT - and most likely for less money too...

To have a chance to win... oh wait... the Rangers.. nvm

To have a chance to win... oh wait... the Rangers.. nvm

even aside from the fact the Rangers aren't going to be favorites, with his age, it still wouldn't make sense... players take lesser roles and less money to win at later stages in their career - When they're still establishing a career, it would be career suicide to take such a demotion...

I could see Edm, SJ (If they don't land Thomas via trade or Turco via FA), or STL making a play at him.

Ott, could be interested but they would not be promising a starting role, like many other clubs.

I think he ends up back in Atl, not that he really wants to but if let's say Turco goes to SJ, Thomas traded to EDM (for sake of argument) it comes down to who is better STL or ATL?

I think the real suitors here are EDM, ATL, STL.

And I still haven't accounted for Nabby and Jose three of four, (whom always seems to get paid and end up somewhere starting only to end up sucking!)

I could see Edm, SJ (If they don't land Thomas via trade or Turco via FA), or STL making a play at him.

Ott, could be interested but they would not be promising a starting role, like many other clubs.

I think he ends up back in Atl, not that he really wants to but if let's say Turco goes to SJ, Thomas traded to EDM (for sake of argument) it comes down to who is better STL or ATL?

I think the real suitors here are EDM, ATL, STL.

And I still haven't accounted for Nabby and Jose three of four, (whom always seems to get paid and end up somewhere starting only to end up sucking!)

STL already traded for Halak... they're out of the scenario...

oh, and EDM still has Khabibulin...

Edited by stevkrause

Forgot about that one, good point, and I left Chris Mason out of that list as well, another youngster who will command some attention.

I agree with your subtitle, he should have taken the deal, now if ATL goes out and grabs Lalime, Toskala, Raycroft, Niittymaki, or one of the other 700 fa goalies, he will almost have to take a back up role.

The other thing I noticed while going over the plethora of FA netminders is this hamstrings Boston's ability to get rid of Thomas, they have to hope SJ wants him.

They will likely get crap in return, because their are so many goalies out there, unless of course they trade him to ATL who like overpaying for players!

Edit: IMO Hedburg > Khabi! I knew that one when I posted!

Edited by Opie

Forgot about that one, good point, and I left Chris Mason out of that list as well, another youngster who will command some attention.

I agree with your subtitle, he should have taken the deal, now if ATL goes out and grabs Lalime, Toskala, Raycroft, Niittymaki, or one of the other 700 fa goalies, he will almost have to take a back up role.

The other thing I noticed while going over the plethora of FA netminders is this hamstrings Boston's ability to get rid of Thomas, they have to hope SJ wants him.

They will likely get crap in return, because their are so many goalies out there, unless of course they trade him to ATL who like overpaying for players!

Edit: IMO Hedburg > Khabi! I knew that one when I posted!

It really is an OVERLOADED class of FA netminders this year... no year for negotiating for sure...

As far as Khabibulin, I disagree and still think he is better than Hedberg at this stage in his career, but even by the argument that he might not be - he's making 3.75m... that's not backup salary and there's no way they could trade him, for the reasons already covered (plus, I think he has a NTC) - So, I can guarantee that Edm is not looking for a starter

Damn you stop destroying my posts!

Just kidding.

Like I said before I agree with your subtitle he should have signed as he could get hosed if ATL decides to make a move, then he will have to back up somewhere!

Damn you stop destroying my posts!

Just kidding.

Like I said before I agree with your subtitle he should have signed as he could get hosed if ATL decides to make a move, then he will have to back up somewhere!

haha, sorry, just trying to put things in perspective :lol:

Let's also not forget that Ray Emery is available. He might do well in Atlanta, given their recent efforts to sign more black players to appeal to the metro-Atlanta population.

please tell me this is a joke...

even aside from the fact the Rangers aren't going to be favorites, with his age, it still wouldn't make sense... players take lesser roles and less money to win at later stages in their career - When they're still establishing a career, it would be career suicide to take such a demotion...

And now Biron signed with the Rangers so the point is moot.

mitch-hedberg.jpeg

Approves.

I had an ant farm once. Those fellas didn't grow s***.

Or

Whenever you're at a restaurant and they call out a party's name, "Dufrane, party of two. Dufrane, party of two," and if no one answers they just move on to the next name, "Bush, party of three. Bush, party of three." Yeah, but what happened to the Dufranes? How can anybody eat at a time likes this? People are missing! You people are selfish! The Dufranes are tied up in the trunk of somebody's car right now... and they're hungry!

mitch-hedberg.jpeg

Approves.

I'm gonna buy a map of the world and put pins in all the places I have travelled to. But first, I need to travel to the far corners of the map so it doesn't fall down.

Edited by T.Low

I had an ant farm once. Those fellas didn't grow s***.

Or

Whenever you're at a restaurant and they call out a party's name, "Dufrane, party of two. Dufrane, party of two," and if no one answers they just move on to the next name, "Bush, party of three. Bush, party of three." Yeah, but what happened to the Dufranes? How can anybody eat at a time likes this? People are missing! You people are selfish! The Dufranes are tied up in the trunk of somebody's car right now... and they're hungry!

Should be Bush, search party of 3. You can eat when you find the Dufranes.

Let's also not forget that Ray Emery is available. He might do well in Atlanta, given their recent efforts to sign more black players to appeal to the metro-Atlanta population.

Hope that approach works for them. My local bowling team has a lot of players that are the same race as me, but I still don't go to any of thier games. I'm just saying...

Edited by T.Low