• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

grwingfan

Parents sue because kids suck at hockey

Rate this topic

They were talking about this on the radio this morning... this is just sickening and I hope the judge not only throws this out, but fines the parents for wasting the courts time and makes an example out of them - THIS IS WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE WORLD

If you don't make a team, use it as motivation, train harder, practice longer and make the team next time... nothing in life should be handed to you, it should be EARNED.

Really, really, your kid gets cut and you call a lawyer, this is a direct result of the "Everyone gets a trophy" society we live in now.

Guess what folks, the world is not fair, ask the millions of people without jobs, and the ones who can't get jobs because employers are seeking "People Currently Employed"

Friggin' stupid parents, teach your kid to buck up and deal with it, eventually he will need to learn that lesson, and when he does, oh boy will it hurt.

They hurt poor Daniel's dignity, boo friggin' hoo

They were talking about this on the radio this morning... this is just sickening and I hope the judge not only throws this out, but fines the parents for wasting the courts time and makes an example out of them - THIS IS WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE WORLD

If you don't make a team, use it as motivation, train harder, practice longer and make the team next time... nothing in life should be handed to you, it should be EARNED.

One of the most famous stories in sports is how at age 14/15 Micheal Jordan got cut from his high school basketball team, he used it to become the best of his era, and if I compared generations maybe the best of all time!

Edited by Opie

Really, really, your kid gets cut and you call a lawyer, this is a direct result of the "Everyone gets a trophy" society we live in now.

Guess what folks, the world is not fair, ask the millions of people without jobs, and the ones who can't get jobs because employers are seeking "People Currently Employed"

Friggin' stupid parents, teach your kid to buck up and deal with it, eventually he will need to learn that lesson, and when he does, oh boy will it hurt.

They hurt poor Daniel's dignity, boo friggin' hoo

One of the most famous stories in sports is how at age 14/15 Micheal Jordan got cut from his high school basketball team, he used it to become the best of his era, and if I compared generations maybe the best of all time!

It's flat out sickening...

That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger

NOT

That which does not go our way, will be taken to court until it does go our way, weaker and with less resolve

Pathetic.

Unbelievable. So I guess if your players suck, you shouldn't cut them because they might cry. Jesus, get over it, it's life. I'm pretty s*** at hockey too, but there are other ways to be involved in the sport besides simply playing it. I mean, haven't you seen that Mastercard commercial with the dude driving the zamboni?

HEY!!!! Does this "everyone gets a trophy society" thing mean that the Wings get their names on the Cup this year too? :rolleyes: Close Woodward, Parade today!! :lol: But really, this is becoming way to common in sports. The parents need to stay in the stands and shut up, if your kid(s) suck then encourage them to finish school or find another sport. Like someone else said rinks need zamboni drivers too!!

EVERYONE loves the Zamboni driver, everyone, I mean to the point they started putting passenger seats on them for people to ride around on between periods, EVERYONE Loves the Z driver!

Some parents are just idiots

Maybe the boys should sue their parents for being sh!t bags and for being laughed at at school once their friends find out.

Guest screwdahawks

Well, just remember some dumb ***** won Millions from Mickey D's because she was stupid enough to set a hot paper cup of coffee between her legs while driving and for f***s sake it spilled on her crouch. Hopefully the Canadian legal system isn't as f***ed up as the U S courts and they throw this s*** in the crapper where it belongs. The courts need to start charging court cost to s***head Lawyers that file these frivolous lawsuits.

Edited by screwdahawks

In other news, a large group of Pittsburgh Penguins fans decked in Sidney Crosby sweaters announced a massive lawsuit against the National Hockey League because, despite their best efforts, the Penguins did not win the Stanley Cup. The loss resulted in massive blows to the players dignity and confidence.

I'd like to know what attorney actually TOOK this case. It should never have gotten even close to getting to court.

BlakChamber just ran and hid somewhere. :P

The is truly pathetic! We're not talking about a bunch of 6-year old's here. Even if we were.....wow!

This is obviously NOT what is wrong with the world, because there are things that actually matter that make this world f***ed up, but it's s***ty. Minor, but s***ty nonetheless. The parents are obviously as dumb as they come, but this is non-news.

What's wrong with the world?

Genocide, starvation, pedophilia, rampant profiteering, crime, incest, the legacy of colonialism, global warming, aids, warmongering, cancer etc.

Or s***ty hockeyparents?

I'm kind of on the fence with this one.