• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

grwingfan

Parents sue because kids suck at hockey

Rate this topic

Really, really, your kid gets cut and you call a lawyer, this is a direct result of the "Everyone gets a trophy" society we live in now.

Guess what folks, the world is not fair, ask the millions of people without jobs, and the ones who can't get jobs because employers are seeking "People Currently Employed"

World is not fair. But in this case it does not apply. Being cut from the team for not being good enough hockey player is quite fair. They just don't like it.

I don't know how they do it in Canada but where I'm from this would buy a kid a ass whipping a day in school.

The parents need whipped everyday too. I would expect this from lawsuit crazy Americans, I'd never thought to see it up north.

As for finding a lawyer ambulance chasers pine for upgrades like this. While I'm at it they might as well get their asses kicked daily as well.

On the other hand I can remember how devastated I was when I didn't make the chess team.:(

Edited by softshoes

I'd like to know what attorney actually TOOK this case. It should never have gotten even close to getting to court.

I'd take this case in a heartbeat just so I could take these people's money to add insult to injury. I'd half-ass it and work enough to not make them suspicious but I'd find every opportunity to require more funds put into the case and when we lost I'd be like.. "well, thanks for the money chumps."

I'd take this case in a heartbeat just so I could take these people's money to add insult to injury. I'd half-ass it and work enough to not make them suspicious but I'd find every opportunity to require more funds put into the case and when we lost I'd be like.. "well, thanks for the money chumps."

its fun to play in make believe land - you'd be dis-barred

Well, just remember some dumb ***** won Millions from Mickey D's because she was stupid enough to set a hot paper cup of coffee between her legs while driving and for f***s sake it spilled on her crouch. Hopefully the Canadian legal system isn't as f***ed up as the U S courts and they throw this s*** in the crapper where it belongs. The courts need to start charging court cost to s***head Lawyers that file these frivolous lawsuits.

Some idiot poured coffee on there legs on Britain and sued mcdonalds, not sure if he won but people like that should be banned from having warm drinks! As for the hockey, at 15 if you get cut from the team just get on with it! Are we going to see it at camp this year with those who don't make the team calling their lawyers?

This is obviously NOT what is wrong with the world, because there are things that actually matter that make this world f***ed up, but it's s***ty. Minor, but s***ty nonetheless. The parents are obviously as dumb as they come, but this is non-news.

What's wrong with the world?

Genocide, starvation, pedophilia, rampant profiteering, crime, incest, the legacy of colonialism, global warming, aids, warmongering, cancer etc.

Or s***ty hockeyparents?

I'm kind of on the fence with this one.

BS. This is something that is fudged up with the world. What this teaches is that you can be bad at something and without putting more effort, time, passion, dedication into something you can still get what you want (or profit another way) just by bitching and taking the easy way. If people bitched all the time there would be no point of any type of training one endures for years, which can produce some of the great minds to conquer such issues you listed.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Well, just remember some dumb ***** won Millions from Mickey D's because she was stupid enough to set a hot paper cup of coffee between her legs while driving and for f***s sake it spilled on her crouch. Hopefully the Canadian legal system isn't as f***ed up as the U S courts and they throw this s*** in the crapper where it belongs. The courts need to start charging court cost to s***head Lawyers that file these frivolous lawsuits.

They lost because the coffee was scalding hot, a notch or two above regular hot. McD's coffee caused 3rd degree burns, that's what won the suit for the woman.

Never the less your point is taken. To many frivolous lawsuits.

These parents are numbskulls. I played sports when I was in school, so did my sister, so did my parents. I got cut from my high school volleyball team because my overhand serve wasn't as strong as my underhand. Did I call my parents crying about it? No. Did they sue the school for cutting me from the team? No. Life sucks, wear a helmet. These parents who mollycoddle their kids and treat them like precious widdle snowflakes who never do anything wrong and are always right are pains in the ass. These are the same kids who will then grow up to be the idiots in line in front of you at the Starbucks who don't know the difference between an iced drink and a blended drink. And then wait until they're at the counter to ask the barista what the difference is about 100 times.

Edited by Electrophile