• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:31 PM

Looks like Vancouver has signed Dan Hamhuis for 6 years 4.5 million, this pretty much means that Mitchell will not be back in BC! Do you all think that Mitchell could fill the void that Lilja once filled?

#2 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:37 PM

Looks like Vancouver has signed Dan Hamhuis for 6 years 4.5 million, this pretty much means that Mitchell will not be back in BC! Do you all think that Mitchell could fill the void that Lilja once filled?

If you mean fill the void of defensemen with post concussion syndrome, yes, I think he could.

#3 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:52 PM

If you mean fill the void of defensemen with post concussion syndrome, yes, I think he could.

sweet......
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#4 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:21 PM

Yeah, he's hurt too often for me to want him on the Wings.

I like his style of play, but he's just too big a risk with his health.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#5 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:23 PM

I think his wife wants him to stop playing or something. Plus he is around 34/35 something like that right? For his style of play that's pretty old.

#6 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

Mitchell would be my first choice to replace Lilja. I love the way he plays the game when healthy.

That being said, even with his injury history, Mitchell is probably well out of the Red Wings price range. Especially with some of the contracts being handed out already.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#7 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:53 PM

he is a health risk and probably too pricey
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#8 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:42 PM

He would have to take quite a paycut, and I don't think that'll happen, going by todays signing.

#9 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

My bet is that Brian Burke throws a fat contract at him,complimenting his other dumbass move to sign Colby Armstrong for $3 Mil per year.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#10 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:57 AM

I cannot believe the prices that were handed out today! Many of them were waaaaay to steep and long deals as well. Colby Armstrong at 3 million a year was flat out crazy. We'll see what he does now with the Toronto Media and their high standards!

I was thinking Willie Mitchell because he does have health issues and I thought maybe he would come here alittle cheaper! I was thinking that Mitchell may take a 1.5 million a year contract to wear the Red And White. Just a Thought. Good Discussion so far!

#11 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:06 AM

I think he is due more money, but I would love to have him and his super long stick in Detroit. He got a bad rap for the defense but lead the blueline in shots blocked and intercepted passes. He would be a better version of Lilja for sure.

I put him at on a short list of players I would like to see brought in. I just still don't see how. We apparently have four roster spots and have given out 4 contract offers to RFA's as well as possibly kicking the tires on Lilja, Maltby, lebda, and Modano. Mitchell would be my first choice out of all of those guys (not including the RFAs)

My bet is that Brian Burke throws a fat contract at him,complimenting his other dumbass move to sign Colby Armstrong for $3 Mil per year.

Unless he moves Kaberle, they only have 3.4 million in cap space and have to round out their team. He has a full blue line, so Mitchell would fill the same roll for them as he would for us, depth guy. Burke wants a top tier center. My wild guess would be him making an epic trade for Marleau because I can't see San Jose realistically paying him 5 million a season with all the other guys they have on the team. Maybe Kabrele will be a Shark?
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#12 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:10 AM

If it were 5 years ago, for sure... I think the injuries are catching up to him and unless he was willing to come here for 1m or less(which I doubt he'd do), I'd rather us go a different route...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#13 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:23 AM

Yeah, he's hurt too often for me to want him on the Wings.

I like his style of play, but he's just too big a risk with his health.

What if he is the 6th guy though... With Ericcson and Kindl being the fifth and Janik being the 8th, would his health scare you off then?

I think his wife wants him to stop playing or something. Plus he is around 34/35 something like that right? For his style of play that's pretty old.

Perfect time to offer him a one year go for broke cup run deal! lol.

All of these points are fully true, and as people said he would most likely want way too much money. I still would like him on my team.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#14 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:25 AM

wouldn't hurt for kenny to throw him and offer i suppose..
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors