• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Donaldjr2448

Willie Mitchell

Rate this topic

Looks like Vancouver has signed Dan Hamhuis for 6 years 4.5 million, this pretty much means that Mitchell will not be back in BC! Do you all think that Mitchell could fill the void that Lilja once filled?

Looks like Vancouver has signed Dan Hamhuis for 6 years 4.5 million, this pretty much means that Mitchell will not be back in BC! Do you all think that Mitchell could fill the void that Lilja once filled?

If you mean fill the void of defensemen with post concussion syndrome, yes, I think he could.

Mitchell would be my first choice to replace Lilja. I love the way he plays the game when healthy.

That being said, even with his injury history, Mitchell is probably well out of the Red Wings price range. Especially with some of the contracts being handed out already.

I cannot believe the prices that were handed out today! Many of them were waaaaay to steep and long deals as well. Colby Armstrong at 3 million a year was flat out crazy. We'll see what he does now with the Toronto Media and their high standards!

I was thinking Willie Mitchell because he does have health issues and I thought maybe he would come here alittle cheaper! I was thinking that Mitchell may take a 1.5 million a year contract to wear the Red And White. Just a Thought. Good Discussion so far!

I think he is due more money, but I would love to have him and his super long stick in Detroit. He got a bad rap for the defense but lead the blueline in shots blocked and intercepted passes. He would be a better version of Lilja for sure.

I put him at on a short list of players I would like to see brought in. I just still don't see how. We apparently have four roster spots and have given out 4 contract offers to RFA's as well as possibly kicking the tires on Lilja, Maltby, lebda, and Modano. Mitchell would be my first choice out of all of those guys (not including the RFAs)

My bet is that Brian Burke throws a fat contract at him,complimenting his other dumbass move to sign Colby Armstrong for $3 Mil per year.

Unless he moves Kaberle, they only have 3.4 million in cap space and have to round out their team. He has a full blue line, so Mitchell would fill the same roll for them as he would for us, depth guy. Burke wants a top tier center. My wild guess would be him making an epic trade for Marleau because I can't see San Jose realistically paying him 5 million a season with all the other guys they have on the team. Maybe Kabrele will be a Shark?

Yeah, he's hurt too often for me to want him on the Wings.

I like his style of play, but he's just too big a risk with his health.

What if he is the 6th guy though... With Ericcson and Kindl being the fifth and Janik being the 8th, would his health scare you off then?

I think his wife wants him to stop playing or something. Plus he is around 34/35 something like that right? For his style of play that's pretty old.

Perfect time to offer him a one year go for broke cup run deal! lol.

All of these points are fully true, and as people said he would most likely want way too much money. I still would like him on my team.