• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#1 DatsyukownzU13

DatsyukownzU13

http://throwthewingup.blogspot.com/

• Gold Booster
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:51 PM

Anchors discussing the viable possibility of Modano finishing out his playing career on a 1 year deal in Detroit. Saying it makes sense and that he fits the system as long as he can deal with the possibilities of Babcock benching him. They weren't even suggesting that this was being rumored about, just that they would like it to happen.

I think it's a good idea if the price is right. Gives us some PP options if things aren't working out well.

Edited by DatsyukownzU13, 01 July 2010 - 03:52 PM.

#2 wingsownnhl43

wingsownnhl43

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:56 PM

If it's around $1 and we can just not re-sign Miller and still have $1.2ish to spend, then I'm happy with signing Modano.

#3 going_top_shelf

going_top_shelf

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:13 PM

I would be ecstatic if the Wings signed Modano.

#4 Winged_Wheeler

Winged_Wheeler

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

If Modano signs with the Wings, I think this year's team would be on a mission to win the Cup just for him.

#5 SuperNovaXll

SuperNovaXll

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

I dont think he has much left in the tank, but if the price is right it wouldnt be such a bad deal. As the other poster said, 1 Million would be about it. Highly doubt it would happen though..
Long Island Wings Fan since 1991

#6 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

Remember Kenny said he is keeping 500k for binging up in case of injury so we will have 1-1.5 mill to spend unless we get rid of someone and we need a 6th d-man but it could happen!

Edited by blgillett, 01 July 2010 - 04:36 PM.

"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#7 Hockey Convert

Hockey Convert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:30 PM

Would it be worth it if the Wings had to put up a two year deal, though, as TSN suggested a few minutes ago?

#8 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:31 PM

If the price is right it is a nice little motivational signing - if that is needed. Why the hell not
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#9 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

Modano - 2 years, 1 million and .750.... As long as he understand that he may be benched at times depending on the need.

#10 HeilThom

HeilThom

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:40 PM

God, yes. Please. Do want.

#11 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:41 PM

I like the above proposal.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#12 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

I wouldn't mind this at all.

Posted Image

#13 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

With Tatar and Mursak knocking on the door, I wouldn't want to see Modano signed for more than one year. This would likely mean that Miller and Ritola are gone, especially if a fighter is brought in.

#14 servo

servo

Where will we hang this one?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:49 PM

He has said in the local papers here that the 4 teams he would play for are Kings, Yokes, Ducks, & Sharks. He wants to be close to DFW.

If he'd take an entry level contract with bonuses, I'd take him, but he is old and slow.

Modano is lazy and he sucks!
I know exactly what I'm saying, so that when I'm fired, it won't be a slip of the tounge. Everything I say, I want to say. Don Cherry

#15 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:56 PM

I don't see this having any traction. There's a rumor that Holland offered Lilja $1 mil. Even without Miller, I don't think the money and roster space is there. And I'm 100% positive Holland isn't going to let Ritola slip away, especially after seeing Quincey and Leino doing well after losing them.

#16 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:02 PM

1 year deal only please. if he plays next year and then retires the wings are still on the hook for 2011-12

#17 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:09 PM

If it's around $1 and we can just not re-sign Miller and still have $1.2ish to spend, then I'm happy with signing Modano.

I'd rather have Miller right now. He worked his ass off, shut down on the PK, and would chip in a spectacular goal every 30 games or so. Mike would be great to have, but I don't want him in lieu of anyone of the guys we have now... Except Bertuzzi of course.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#18 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

modano = jason williams 2.0
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#19 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:14 PM

Not what the Wings need, but I certainly wouldn't complain about it. I'd rather see Modano signed than Maltby.

#20 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:19 PM

I'd rather have Miller right now. He worked his ass off, shut down on the PK, and would chip in a spectacular goal every 30 games or so. Mike would be great to have, but I don't want him in lieu of anyone of the guys we have now... Except Bertuzzi of course.

Miller is great and all, but a big reason this team struggled in the playoffs was because players like him and Eaves just didn't do anything.. our 4th line was virtually useless because the only player that could hit was Abdelkadar... Modano would this team 3 dangerous lines. They would all have a good two way center, a sniper, and good net presence... this would be a great move. Plus, like someone else said, it would give the team (and Modano) motivation.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Franzen-Flip-Bertuzzi
Hudler-Modano-Cleary

That would be a sick lineup.