• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukownzU13

TSN: Discussion of Modano To Wings

Rate this topic

Anchors discussing the viable possibility of Modano finishing out his playing career on a 1 year deal in Detroit. Saying it makes sense and that he fits the system as long as he can deal with the possibilities of Babcock benching him. They weren't even suggesting that this was being rumored about, just that they would like it to happen.

I think it's a good idea if the price is right. Gives us some PP options if things aren't working out well.

Edited by DatsyukownzU13

Remember Kenny said he is keeping 500k for binging up in case of injury so we will have 1-1.5 mill to spend unless we get rid of someone and we need a 6th d-man but it could happen!

Edited by blgillett

He has said in the local papers here that the 4 teams he would play for are Kings, Yokes, Ducks, & Sharks. He wants to be close to DFW.

If he'd take an entry level contract with bonuses, I'd take him, but he is old and slow.

Modano is lazy and he sucks!

Guest Heaten

I don't see this having any traction. There's a rumor that Holland offered Lilja $1 mil. Even without Miller, I don't think the money and roster space is there. And I'm 100% positive Holland isn't going to let Ritola slip away, especially after seeing Quincey and Leino doing well after losing them.

If it's around $1 and we can just not re-sign Miller and still have $1.2ish to spend, then I'm happy with signing Modano.

I'd rather have Miller right now. He worked his ass off, shut down on the PK, and would chip in a spectacular goal every 30 games or so. Mike would be great to have, but I don't want him in lieu of anyone of the guys we have now... Except Bertuzzi of course.

I'd rather have Miller right now. He worked his ass off, shut down on the PK, and would chip in a spectacular goal every 30 games or so. Mike would be great to have, but I don't want him in lieu of anyone of the guys we have now... Except Bertuzzi of course.

Miller is great and all, but a big reason this team struggled in the playoffs was because players like him and Eaves just didn't do anything.. our 4th line was virtually useless because the only player that could hit was Abdelkadar... Modano would this team 3 dangerous lines. They would all have a good two way center, a sniper, and good net presence... this would be a great move. Plus, like someone else said, it would give the team (and Modano) motivation.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Flip-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Modano-Cleary

That would be a sick lineup.

Guest Heaten

Chicago might be in the market for cheap players like Miller. Maybe we could score a pick for him.

If Jason Williams was once an all-star and consistent ppg, a still defensively responsible forward who puts up .5 ppg, and a great leader then yeah.

halfway through the season modano will be the whipping boy and people will complain about him much like williams is all I meant.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

halfway through the season modano will be the whipping boy and people will complain about him much like williams is all I meant.

No educated fan will complain. No one is expecting him to go out and be a force. Talent and hands don't just disappear, and while his legs may show his age, there is no reason to think he won't be able to produce on the 2nd powerplay unit, as well as be an effective third line center. His linemates last year were not top-6 players by any stretch of the imagination, so assuming he could duplicate another .5 ppg season at this age is not unquestionable at all.

When you factor in the intangibles, and mentorship of some our younger players, he would be the perfect fit if we make an addition at all. Better be one year however.