• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukownzU13

TSN: Discussion of Modano To Wings

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Cleary-Modano-Hudler.

Let's say that's a 3rd scoring line. How good would that be in comparison to the rest of the league?

In my mind far above average. Hudler has proven he can put up big points with worse linemates, and Cleary is a warrior. Michigan Mike is still a good enough playmaker to easily make it a top 3rd line in the league.

In my mind far above average. Hudler has proven he can put up big points with worse linemates, and Cleary is a warrior. Michigan Mike is still a good enough playmaker to easily make it a top 3rd line in the league.

Which team could you imagine that would have a better third scoring line?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Which team could you imagine that would have a better third scoring line?

None without looking at the rosters.

I don't think you need to worry about Modano legs he can still skate that is still one of his strongest strength yet and that way he would be a good addition to the team.

modano = jason williams 2.0

I know Modano's not exactly the 1993 version of himself, but I don't think this is a fair comparison. He's a smart player, a great locker room presence, a very solid faceoff guy and could step in on either special-teams unit if need be. I don't necessarily think he should be the #1 option right now, but the Wings could certainly do worse than Modano, especially given his hometown roots and his desire to win a Cup.

Oh, and he was in Mighty Ducks. Jason Williams was not in Mighty Ducks.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/07/another_quick_quip_from_hollan.html

Holland acknowledges our interest in modano in that link...

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Modano-Cleary

Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves/Miller/Draper/Ritola

looks like a stanley cup team to me.

You posted lines... and didn't make a new thread to do so... :clap:

I'm a big Modano fan and hope he gets to keep playing somewhere if he's got hockey left in him, just not Detroit.

Given the cap/roster situation, I just don't think he's what this team needs right now. Even for a year.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I'm conflicted about this. On one hand I'd love to see him finish his career in Michigan. On the other hand I feel like the bottom 6 needs to stay open for young players to prove themselves. Wouldn't it be cool if Mursak or Tatar could play themselves onto the 3rd line in camp and the preseason? It's a long shot but it's virtually impossible once you add yet another NHL forward to the mix.

This move really makes the most sense if the Wings don't keep one or both of Miller and Eaves. Of course that would mean Modano would have to log a lot of PP time as well.

I'm really hoping one of the young offensive prospects will play his way onto the team in camp and make an impact early.

I'm a big Modano fan and hope he gets to keep playing somewhere if he's got hockey left in him, just not Detroit.

Given the cap/roster situation, I just don't think he's what this team needs right now. Even for a year.

Ordinarily I would agree... but I think Modano would be different. Clear cut case where intangiables outweigh the numbers. His motivation would be huge. Especially because he wants to stay in the Western Conference. Holland would be a fool to turn him down at 1 mill imo. That skill set for 1 mill... total bargain on every level. Bag picking up a defenseman for a season. Holland has already implied that we don't really need one THAT bad.

Edited by Broken 16

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I'm conflicted about this. On one hand I'd love to see him finish his career in Michigan. On the other hand I feel like the bottom 6 needs to stay open for young players to prove themselves. Wouldn't it be cool if Mursak or Tatar could play themselves onto the 3rd line in camp and the preseason? It's a long shot but it's virtually impossible once you add yet another NHL forward to the mix.

This move really makes the most sense if the Wings don't keep one or both of Miller and Eaves. Of course that would mean Modano would have to log a lot of PP time as well.

I'm really hoping one of the young offensive prospects will play his way onto the team in camp and make an impact early.

Perhaps the ideal situation would be Holland to offer him a training camp tryout.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

i agree with the idea of a younger guy like tatar playing his way up next year possibly because we all know how much potential the kid has. i really want to see him in the NHL as soon as possible.

f*** if it would work or not, I just want The Mouse here. :stanley:

Plus Huds could potentially be pretty good with Modano, then imagine what that 2nd PP could do. Also Franzen would help, getting so much rest.

SHEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT

Edited by Superman54

Ordinarily I would agree... but I think Modano would be different. Clear cut case where intangiables outweigh the numbers. His motivation would be huge. Especially because he wants to stay in the Western Conference. Holland would be a fool to turn him down at 1 mill imo. That skill set for 1 mill... total bargain on every level. Bag picking up a defenseman for a season. Holland has already implied that we don't really need one THAT bad.

At 1 million, it would be tempting. But I still don't know the intangibles are worth it. I guess I'd just like the Wings to pick up a few tangibles, like a solid D man and someone who will drop the gloves.

And Holland's implication aside, exactly what is our bottom pairing right now? Ericsson Meech?

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/07/another_quick_quip_from_hollan.html

Holland acknowledges our interest in modano in that link...

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Modano-Cleary

Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves/Miller/Draper/Ritola

looks like a stanley cup team to me.

There is no doubt it is. That third line could potentially get 60 goals. That is cup winning depth. PLEASE GET MODANO KENNY.