• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#121 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:53 PM

another thing, I hope modano makes up his mind soon so kenny doesn't just sit around on his ass waiting for modano while all the FA that could help the wings are signed away until there is nothing left but garbage

in kenny i trust but he is really starting to irritate me with this loyalty/loosing youth for 40 year olds bulls***

Edited by redwingfan19, 05 July 2010 - 02:54 PM.

You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#122 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:57 PM

Yzerman was never pushed out the door by anyone, and never would have been. Dallas doesn't understand traditions and the importance of a "face" to the franchise

And who exactly do they have that's going to be the recipient of that freed up roster spot anyways? Krys Barch? Toby Petersen? Brian Sutherby? Gimme a break. It doesn't really seem like letting him go makes sense from a hockey standpoint or a financial one for the Stars.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#123 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:02 PM

And who exactly do they have that's going to be the recipient of that freed up roster spot anyways? Krys Barch? Toby Petersen? Brian Sutherby? Gimme a break. It doesn't really seem like letting him go makes sense from a hockey standpoint or a financial one for the Stars.

thats right the wings are such a classy org. they would let yzerman play as long as he wanted.

#124 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:14 PM

Is it normal for players to talk about an organization interest in you the way Modano does? Seems like all the "not a bad place to be" or "they're selling it pretty hard" is just a way to market himself to other teams. "If Detroit is interested in him then maybe we should consider him."

#125 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:25 PM

here is the part of the article I dislike:

"but it's just stunning to imagine the Wings cutting ties with one of their RFA's or giving up on Ritola outright to bring Modano into the fold.

Update: I'm going to say this and see where it goes: if the Wings have to decide to let Drew Miller and Ritola go to sign Modano, here's a question--does Ken Holland try to get Modano to bite on a multi-year contract?"

the bolded part is the part of the article I dislike very much. If kenny does this I will definitely have to question this move. Of course nothing has happened....yet...

Read closer there, that's the bloggers idea, nothing more. Holland will not offer a multi-year contract, plain and simple. He's wise enough to know that we have cap coming off the books next season and we have youngsters like Tatar climbing up the ranks.

#126 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

Read closer there, that's the bloggers idea, nothing more. Holland will not offer a multi-year contract, plain and simple. He's wise enough to know that we have cap coming off the books next season and we have youngsters like Tatar climbing up the ranks.

i know its the bloggers idea, but I wouldn't put it past kenny
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#127 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:37 PM

Is it normal for players to talk about an organization interest in you the way Modano does? Seems like all the "not a bad place to be" or "they're selling it pretty hard" is just a way to market himself to other teams. "If Detroit is interested in him then maybe we should consider him."

This is exactly the way I read his comments. It almost feels like he's posturing here, seeing if he can get a better deal somewhere else with better minutes, but maybe it's more showing Dallas that someone still wants him. He could just be bitter too, who knows.

Also, I doubt his jersey number is a huge issue. He could end up wearing #10 or #18... or something. My only true gripe with Modano is that he looks like Jon Heder.

Edited by Jesusberg, 05 July 2010 - 03:42 PM.

#128 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

Modano is too old! We need to get tougher on the 3rd and 4th lines not older. Unless Modano comes for real cheap...like so cheap that you couldn't turn it down but I doubt that would happen. I would pass on this!

This is exactly the way I read his comments. It almost feels like he's posturing here, seeing if he can get a better deal somewhere else with better minutes, but maybe it's more showing Dallas that someone still wants him. He could just be bitter too, who knows.

Also, I doubt his jersey number is a huge issue. He could end up wearing #10 or #18... or something. My only true gripe with Modano is that he looks like Jon Heder.

YESSSSSSSSSSS! I think he looks like a decroted piece of crap.

#129 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:53 PM

Modano is too old! We need to get tougher on the 3rd and 4th lines not older. Unless Modano comes for real cheap...like so cheap that you couldn't turn it down but I doubt that would happen. I would pass on this!

YESSSSSSSSSSS! I think he looks like a decroted piece of crap.

I agree with the to old argument. I actually think if it came down to it, Nystrom for the same price as Modano would be better then getting modano. The steps Nystrom has been aking offensively, the toughness and the age factor makes me really rather have Nystrom on our third line then Modano

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#130 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:34 PM

I don't think we'd fit him under the cap, but I always liked him and would love to see him play a season with Wings.

a bonus like Willa Ford is sure fine with me :w00t2:

#131 going_top_shelf

going_top_shelf

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:45 PM

What number would he wear?

#132 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

Um..... nope... Delvecchio...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#133 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

Um..... nope... Delvecchio...

Hahaha... oh man... embarrassing. I guess I spaced out there, my bad. I stand by 18 :ph34r:

#134 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

maybe he could put some respect back into #29 instead
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#135 tdinc

tdinc

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

Bring Mike back home. :)

I'm for it :thumbup:

#136 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:45 PM

Ok....something needs to happen already. This Modano thing is dragging out way to long.

#137 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:49 PM

Ok....something needs to happen already. This Modano thing is dragging out way to long.

Hopefully it falls through.

Seriously. I've been a big Modano fan over the years, but if signing Mike is Holland's one big move, I'm going to be pissed. The Wings badly need a bottom pairing guy, ideally someone big and physical who will clear the crease.

Sure Modano could be a decent addition to this team, but it shouldn't come at the cost of a defenseman and/or grinding forward (who hopefully can fight).