• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwingmachine

Hawks deal Ladd to Thrashers

Rate this topic

By that same logic, the Red Wings won't sniff the Cup this season because they didn't come close last year and haven't improved.

Stick to talking about the Hawks. The Wings issue last year was secondary scoring and that was addressed by adding a 26 year old who has already put up a 57 point season. Also, free agents such as Modano may be added to also help with depth scoring. They have improved and may not be done improving.

sorry Hawks troll, losing your bottom 7 forwards and bottom 3 defensemen is still called a dismantling. No matter what terms you want to put it in.

You wait, imagine how many knowledgeable hockey players will want to sign long-term high-dollar deals with Chicago considering the second they under-perform they get put on waivers.

I know I personally wouldn't want to sign with a front office with that mentality. The Red Wings will be better than last year, and I don't know if Comcast only airs Blackhawk games or what - but I think you can still read about how injury-ridden we were last season.

Did you see the clinic we put on after the olympics?

Thats the team we're putting on the ice come October, with the addition of Hudler.

Sorry for kicking your soapbox. :(

The Hawks have 2 good lines and one 1.5 defensive pairings. Ask Tampa the last few years how well that works out...

Tell me the D pairings the Lightning have had over the past few seasons that are even close to as good as Keith/Seabrook and Hjalmarsson/Campbell. I would absolutely love to hear that.

Don't try the "I'll throw out the Lightning as as an example and hope he doesn't know they aren't comparable" stuff with me. I live in St. Pete and I follow the Lightning. The comparison has no basis at all. None. It's a copout.

sorry Hawks troll, losing your bottom 7 forwards and bottom 3 defensemen is still called a dismantling. No matter what terms you want to put it in.

You wait, imagine how many knowledgeable hockey players will want to sign long-term high-dollar deals with Chicago considering the second they under-perform they get put on waivers.

I know I personally wouldn't want to sign with a front office with that mentality. The Red Wings will be better than last year, and I don't know if Comcast only airs Blackhawk games or what - but I think you can still read about how injury-ridden we were last season.

Thats the team we're putting on the ice come October, with the addition of Hudler.

I'm a troll? How? I've been pretty respectful, and most have been the same way in return. You just seem bitter. Why is that?

Sorry for kicking your soapbox. sad.gif

Again, not sure why you think I'm all bummed out about any of this. I'm not asking for anything other than a competetive team and a playoff appearance next season, and we'll get that.

There's being confident, and there's being cocky. We'll see about that when the season starts. You can go ahead and hoist your paper championship though I guess if it eases the pain of the Hawks winning a Cup.

We literally are going to do that with ONE player.

If any high-dollar player is afraid of sucking as bad as Huet and being waived, then I don't want him anyways.

Oh well.. I guess I'll leave, since saying anything positive about a team other than Detroit is apparently "trolling". I understand this is a Red Wings board and some won't take lightly to saying that the Blackhawks are anything other than horrible, but I figured if I was reasonable about it I'd get a fair shake.

Oh well. Good luck next season. I look forward to the Chicago Blackhawks doing their best to defend their Stanley Cup Championship. If it doesn't work out, oh well. I'll congratulate the Red Wings if they win the division, and I'll actually welcome Detroit fans on my board.

Edited by Gordon Bombay

I'm a troll? How? I've been pretty respectful, and most have been the same way in return. You just seem bitter. Why is that?

Again, not sure why you think I'm all bummed out about any of this. I'm not asking for anything other than a competetive team and a playoff appearance next season, and we'll get that.

There's being confident, and there's being cocky. We'll see about that when the season starts. You can go ahead and hoist your paper championship though I guess if it eases the pain of the Hawks winning a Cup.

We literally are going to do that with ONE player.

If any high-dollar player is afraid of sucking as bad as Huet and being waived, then I don't want him anyways.

Oh well.. I guess I'll leave, since saying anything positive about a team other than Detroit is apparently "trolling". I understand this is a Red Wings board and some won't take lightly to saying that the Blackhawks are anything other than horrible, but I figured if I was reasonable about it I'd get a fair shake.

Oh well. Good luck next season. I look forward to the Chicago Blackhawks doing their best to defend their Stanley Cup Championship.

I've been just reading this thread and kinda hanging back, but I have to pipe in - You have been nothing but respectful and had some of the most lucid arguments of ANY other teams fans we've had at this board and the very least the rest of the LGW posters could do, is reply with the same respect and rationale - there is a BIG difference between backing an argument and flaming someone for no reason... not cool.

Now, to Gordon Bombay - The changes Chicago has been forced to make are going to drastically change the team and will most likely make them very considerably weaker as they must pay for their sins and you have to accept that the team will probably be a 5-8 seed(or lower) now for at least a couple years as they re-tool... with that in mind, Stanley Cups don't grow on trees and even IF(and I say if) it meant sacrificing the next 10 years of the franchise for a cup now - it was worth it...

Anytime a team turns over even 3 or 4 players(not just star players) there is going to be a MASSIVE gelling curve and you cannot quantify team chemistry by ability and I think it is one of the most undervalued concepts in professional sports and to turn over 7, 8, 9 players - expect MAJOR growing pains next year - this is a deep league and even with one of the most talented top 6 in the game and one hell of a top 2 D pairing... your depth took a SERIOUS hit and THAT is what wins championships...

Next, onto the Huet thing - it may only be one player, but that sets a BAD precedence and it will cost the team in the future, especially with goalies(which you may need if Niemi signs an offer-sheet which you cannot match) and also, lets not discount the fact that although this is not the old man, the Blackhawks are still pretty tight with money and I doubt the son is willing to just eat 5 million dollars to make a problem go away... there is a VERY good chance Huet stays on this roster if the cannot trade him (which there's NO way they'll be able to do with all the goalie's on the market right now)

As you have already stated and have been very clear about (you expect a drop off) and for that reason alone, I don't see how anyone really has a problem with your posts, you are being pretty logical and of course you are going to defend your team, as you should.

Everyone needs to read, process and be respectful.

I don't comment too often but had to chime in on this one. To the guy calling Bombay a "troll" is ridiculous. I feel that he came up with some respectful and well thought out comments about his team. You must be a "troll" yourself being on this forum waiting to chew someone out.

Anyways, I think the Hawks will still have a competitive team, but I do enjoy the fact that there having to give up almost half of there cup winning team. What they are getting in return is pretty substantial. Especially with the fact that the whole league new they'd be unloading a ton of players, so to be receiving in return top prospects, and 1st round draft picks is unbelievable. I still think as a whole the Wings have a much better roster on paper, but we'll have to wait and see what happens this season.

Tell me the D pairings the Lightning have had over the past few seasons that are even close to as good as Keith/Seabrook and Hjalmarsson/Campbell. I would absolutely love to hear that.

I agree with you there but it is still not certain that Hjalmarsson will be a Hawk next season. He only made $600k last year and is due for a big (top four D man) raise. Combine that with the high price teams have been willing to pay for D men so far this free agency and the fact all teams know the Hawks are against the cap wall and he may get an offer the Hawks can't match or that at the least will force them to pay much more for him than they want. Hjalmarsson hasn't had a big payday yet, already has a cup and will likely want to max out and get as much as possible for his next contract.

You have absolutely not been a troll. You have been well informed, articulate, and nothing in your posts indicates that you came here merely to trash the Wings and start fights. I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the other poster and hope that he was referring to some previous Hawks fan's postings. You however, have done nothing but improve the debate and discussion here.

Oh well. Good luck next season. I look forward to the Chicago Blackhawks doing their best to defend their Stanley Cup Championship. If it doesn't work out, oh well. I'll congratulate the Red Wings if they win the division, and I'll actually welcome Detroit fans on my board.

Your team should still be very competitive next year, they have too many good players not to be. The depth that they are losing will likely hinder them from being elite but they should still be very competitive, and with all the prospects/picks they are getting in return they should be able to retool quicker than most teams.

Finally, you are welcomed on this board and I for one hope you continue to post here.

I stand by what I said, the Wings were on the play-off bubble and fought up to fifth to make the play-offs in the time after the Olympic break.

Yea, you may be not be a troll, so i apologize there, i was getting your posts confused with another blackhawk fan over here. So thats my mistake.

I don't mind the Blackhawks as a team, but their management is horrendous. Hossa is an annual choke (should have been traded to the sharks, that would have made some sense) Huet? I don't think he was worth that contract when he was good wait, last year? two years ago? Heh... and now to just bury their mistake in the minors seems pretty low.

I guess all I'm trying to say is that you don't get people to take a 'hometown' discount by crapping money out on bad contracts and throwing them on waivers when the contract doesn't benefit you.

So Gordon Bombay, you're not a troll and I can understand that yea, it's nice to be hopeful about a good solid team next year, the core is there, you're correct, but you really can't include Hossa ... he, well ... yea. The Hawks are in major re-build mode after buying a Cup. So it is what it is and I'm sure the front office knew that.

October here yet?

Lol at Hawk fans that think that they can round out 50% of their roster with NHL and AHL jobbers and still be considered an elite team. You guys are in for a rude awakening. You are going to have every other team throwing the kitchen sink at your team EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. It's going to be an endless assault for the entire season. 99% of Hawk fans weren't even born the last time they won a Cup so they have no clue what their team is up against next season.

The best part is Kopecky. We were relieved when he wasn't playing. When Kopecky goes down next season with an injury, and he will... there will be a hole in the second line as well. Lol.

Then again... maybe every plugger they insert will magically ascend into perfect role players for the Hawks... good luck with that.

Edited by Broken 16

I don't comment too often but had to chime in on this one. To the guy calling Bombay a "troll" is ridiculous. I feel that he came up with some respectful and well thought out comments about his team. You must be a "troll" yourself being on this forum waiting to chew someone out.

Anyways, I think the Hawks will still have a competitive team, but I do enjoy the fact that there having to give up almost half of there cup winning team. What they are getting in return is pretty substantial. Especially with the fact that the whole league new they'd be unloading a ton of players, so to be receiving in return top prospects, and 1st round draft picks is unbelievable. I still think as a whole the Wings have a much better roster on paper, but we'll have to wait and see what happens this season.

You should post here more often.

Lol at Hawk fans that think that they can round out 50% of their roster with NHL and AHL jobbers and still be considered an elite team. You guys are in for a rude awakening. You are going to have every other team throwing the kitchen sink at your team EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. It's going to be an endless assault for the entire season. 99% of Hawk fans weren't even born the last time they won a Cup so they have no clue what their team is up against next season.

The best part is Kopecky. We were relieved when he wasn't playing. When Kopecky goes down next season with an injury, and he will... there will be a hole in the second line as well. Lol.

Then again... maybe every plugger they insert will magically ascend into perfect role players for the Hawks... good luck with that.

B-b-b-but we jus won da Cup n Detroit still suckzz!!!