• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Free Agency Thread

Rate this topic

Unless either of those guys can play wing with Crosby, those guys combined really fill that much of a need for the Penguins. One guy, yeah you can justify that but all of a sudden they look ultra thin on the wing for the next few years now that they've committed all this money to D.

if boogard gets 1.65 then asham gets over 2M, winchester and nystrom still possible

Asham will NOT get 2M. Where did you get that figure from? He's had better years than last year and never had anything more than 900k.

He'll be lucky to get 1M.

When a guy like Gonchar comes off of the books the cap drops dramatically, much like the day Lids hangs them up that is 7 mil in cap space right there.

1a. Asham 1b. Winchester 1c. Nystrom

2. Konopka

fair enough

1a, 1b and 1c are all MW

2 can fight with HW

Asham's best fighting days are behind him (Montreal era) now he looks more to score and less to fight. I would take Asham instead of Cleary - but not as 4th line as Holland is looking at...

Prust > Winchester/Nystrom

Asham will NOT get 2M. Where did you get that figure from? He's had better years than last year and never had anything more than 900k.

He'll be lucky to get 1M.

And at 1M I would take him in a split second. A steal actually in my mind.

From G&M's James Mirtle on twitter:

mirtle

A source on Colby Armstrong: "For a guy with a reputation for being a big hitter he just doesn’t hit."

:lol:

Note to players: A couple of big bangs on Youtube adds about $1/year to your next multiyear contract.

When a guy like Gonchar comes off of the books the cap drops dramatically, much like the day Lids hangs them up that is 7 mil in cap space right there.

Gonchar had a cap hit of 5 million, the pens then signed Martin for a cap hit of 5 million plus Michalek so that is a little weird when you would think they would be looking for a winger right now. Especially since I don't think Martin or Michalek provide anywhere near the offense that Gonchar did.