• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Free Agency Thread

Rate this topic

does it matter? leighton was not the answer in the finals last year

He helped them get there, right?

Look, neither goalie in this year's final is the answer, to any question ... other than "who were the two goalies in the finals?"

Edited by stillwater

Exactly my point, they aren't going to pay some guy 5 million dollars to go play in the AHL or KHL

I wouldn't bet against it. Huet is pretty much dead in chicago. Financially they can probably do this because they sell out every game now and they just won a stanley cup (aka extra revenue). Plus its almost like addition by subtraction, you take out huet and can field a strong team in front of your goaltender.

I'd be more than happy to have huet stay in the net as a back up for chicago, that just means they will be that much weaker up front. I'm skeptical of it actually happening.

I wouldn't bet against it. Huet is pretty much dead in chicago. Financially they can probably do this because they sell out every game now and they just won a stanley cup (aka extra revenue). Plus its almost like addition by subtraction, you take out huet and can field a strong team in front of your goaltender.

I'd be more than happy to have huet stay in the net as a back up for chicago, that just means they will be that much weaker up front. I'm skeptical of it actually happening.

Unless someone else ends up snatching Niemi out from underneath them. In which case they almost HAVE to go with Huet. Which would be hilariously delightful.

Always wondered why not Andy Sutton? Fits the bill for everything we need back on that blue line. I have heard too pricey but I can't really see why.

I'd love Sutton over most of the other guys, but he made 3.5 last season and he had a solid playoffs. I can only imagine that someone will be able to pay him more than Detroit.

Unless someone else ends up snatching Niemi out from underneath them. In which case they almost HAVE to go with Huet. Which would be hilariously delightful.

I would have a field day at work (I live in chicago land with a bunch of hawks fans obviously). That would be the best news of the FA period.

No one wants Huet. They are going to buy him out next year, I think unless someone gets really desperate for goaltending during the season.