• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Free Agency Thread

Rate this topic

I wouldn't mind Modano for ONE year @ 900K or so. Just throw Ritola through waivers, and we'd carry 14 forwards.

Hudler-Modano-Cleary

Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves

Miller, Draper

I think Abdelkader could drop the gloves more often.

What are the odds of moving Helm out to a wing, keeping Modano and Fil at center on back two lines? It seems plausible.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Datsyuk and Zetterberg will play together (per Mike Babcock)

Filppula will center 2nd line

We all know he'll end up in Phoenix or Atlanta or something.

I just think its BS that Paul Kariya doesn't even get mentioned and Dominic ******* Moore makes "TSN's top 10 list of UFAs". What the hell is going on here?

I wouldn't mind Modano for ONE year @ 900K or so. Just throw Ritola through waivers, and we'd carry 14 forwards.

Hudler-Modano-Cleary

Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves

Miller, Draper

I think Abdelkader could drop the gloves more often.

With Tatar and Mursak knocking on the door, I wouldn't want to see Modano signed for more than one year. From the above roster, I'd drop Miller for Boll (if it could happen).

Getting a No. 6 or 7 defenseman would appear to be a higher priority than signing a forward. They have two strong pairings -- Nicklas Lidstrom-Brian Rafalski and Brad Stuart-Niklas Kronwall -- and would like a safe veteran to play alongside young Jonathan Ericsson.

Rookie Jakub Kindl is assured of a roster spot because he is out of minor-league options, but the team isn't going to hand him a spot in the lineup unless he earns it.

"If there's a defenseman between now and September available at a price that fits in, we'll look at doing something," Holland said. "If we don't do anything on defense, we're OK, though not as deep as we'd like to be."

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/06/red_wings_more_likely_to_fill.html

If the wings sign Modano I am buying his jersey. Just throwing that out there.

Im with you on that one. The only jerseys I have are an Yzerman and a McCarty. A Modono would look pretty nice next to those.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

LeBrun reports that NY Rangers are in talks with Frolov.

I just think its BS that Paul Kariya doesn't even get mentioned and Dominic ******* Moore makes "TSN's top 10 list of UFAs". What the hell is going on here?

Moore is a former Leaf. :ph34r:

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

"Kurtis Foster text to me: "Tell Pierre McGuire if he mentions I'm overpaid again, to where a helmet between benches this year! (kidding!)"

hahaha