• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Free Agency Thread

Rate this topic

I guess the wings made an offer to Lilja around 1 million 1 year

Sometime last week (Saturday I believe) Kenny said he already offered Lilja a deal. Than Liljas agent said they will explore the market and Liljas return is looking doubtful.

My Twitter feed has started to slow down :/

Sometime last week (Saturday I believe) Kenny said he already offered Lilja a deal. Than Liljas agent said they will explore the market and Liljas return is looking doubtful.

My Twitter feed has started to slow down :/

His agent said they did not. His agent is the source for the deal offered today. Either he lies or this is what is happening. I don't think he has any reason to lie about getting a weaker offer... does he? lol

His agent said they did not. His agent is the source for the deal offered today. Either he lies or this is what is happening. I don't think he has any reason to lie about getting a weaker offer... does he? lol

Mlive

June 30, MLive.com: "Detroit hasn't made any effort to sign him or talk to us," Diamond said. "If they want to go in another direction, it's their prerogative. There are plenty of other teams."

That's a line of agent-speak BS, of course, but Holland definitely has more interest in Lilja than Lilja's agent does in speaking to the Wings again:

"I made them an offer a month ago and haven't heard back from them. I'm assuming they didn't like it," Holland said. "I'll touch base with them (on Wednesday). Maybe Lils will get a better deal (on the market). You can always get together after July 1."

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

New Jersey out of the running for Kovy. LA trying to close the deal.

NHLSourcesSay Stars sign Adam Burish.

RealKyper Hearing tough guy Raitis Ivanis to Calgary. 2 year deal. 1.2M. / Also and Tim Jackman with a 2 year deal to Calgary 1.1M

Edited by GSBrooks13

Why did Hamhuis get such a big contract? We play Nashville alot and i didnt really think he was a high impact guy or anything. Maybe i havent seen him play enough but for a team like Vancouver to give a 6 year 4.5 mil a year contract seems weird for a guy like Hamhuis. I know hes young and a big bodied D but i didnt think he was a 4.5 mil kind of guy.

Why did Hamhuis get such a big contract? We play Nashville alot and i didnt really think he was a high impact guy or anything. Maybe i havent seen him play enough but for a team like Vancouver to give a 6 year 4.5 mil a year contract seems weird for a guy like Hamhuis. I know hes young and a big bodied D but i didnt think he was a 4.5 mil kind of guy.

He is a physical number three defenseman. I would compare him to Stuart, though he is our fourth... Call this inflation perhaps, but he is a really good dman. Vancouver blamed their d last season, though they had a right too, there were good players on their team. This should help them, provided they get rid of the right guy off their blueline. They won't and in two years they will be cap strapped.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

LOLOLOLOLOL at Blackhawks fans. And they thought they would be fine. Gimme a break.