• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Free Agency Thread

Rate this topic

souray has also been put on waivers

I bet this slows down FA signings because some teams might want to see if they can pick him up before they sign anyone. Not many teams, but just enough to make midlevel signings take an extra day.

I bet this slows down FA signings because some teams might want to see if they can pick him up before they sign anyone. Not many teams, but just enough to make midlevel signings take an extra day.

That's definitely a possibility... this has been a SLOW day... I'm really surprised there haven't been more moves on day 2, maybe all the GM's have already left for the long weekend :lol:

That's definitely a possibility... this has been a SLOW day... I'm really surprised there haven't been more moves on day 2, maybe all the GM's have already left for the long weekend :lol:

Maybe they have all overpaid and have no cap space left. :lol:

Maybe they have all overpaid and have no cap space left. :lol:

In all seriousness, someone in the business made a great quote about trades not happening and I think it applies here.

The teams with money have no cap space, the teams with cap space have no money.

In all seriousness, someone in the business made a great quote about trades not happening and I think it applies here.

The teams with money have no cap space, the teams with cap space have no money.

All the more reason there should be a luxury tax system in the NHL...

I still stand by this proposal

Edited by stevkrause

Haha, so apparently now, Holland has been kicking the tires with Modano AND Kozlov... Slava that is. Very interesting, indeed. I mean, it wouldn't hurt the team necessarily but we have SOOOO many forwards right now.

Just thought some would want to know, I saw it on spectors I believe.

HAHA it was a troll's paradise in here. I got torched for the city I love and live near for calling Versteeg a 2nd liner.

You weren't the only one. That troll had us reeled in to his hypnotic stupidity.

Having some amazing flashbacks... But some other guy wears that #13 now. Wears it quite well too I must say.

Ha, interesting. I am still in the Modano camp. I think a third line with him between Cleary and Hudler would be awesome.

I am still in the Modano camp. I think a third line with him between Cleary and Hudler would be awesome.

As am I. It would be a terrific motivational signing (with last year's happenings we may not need anymore) and if at the right price... Get it done. He will have to take an incredible discount and I just have a sneaking suspicion we are bringing Malts back as Detroit News reported earlier this week..... dry.gif

As am I. It would be a terrific motivational signing (with last year's happenings we may not need anymore) and if at the right price... Get it done. He will have to take an incredible discount and I just have a sneaking suspicion we are bringing Malts back as Detroit News reported earlier this week..... dry.gif

If its a two way where he simply stays in form down in GR, id be all for it. Malts could provide some good leadership for those guys, and he fills in alright if we have any injuries.

Konopka is really the only 4th liner I like who is still available (if he is), but if we couldn't get that grit signed on the 4th line, perhaps whoever we sign as the 3rd pairing D can fill that role instead.

If its a two way where he simply stays in form down in GR, id be all for it. Malts could provide some good leadership for those guys, and he fills in alright if we have any injuries.

Konopka is really the only 4th liner I like who is still available (if he is), but if we couldn't get that grit signed on the 4th line, perhaps whoever we sign as the 3rd pairing D can fill that role instead.

That would be ok too. Having character guys like Malts and keeping their game up down with the younger guys is a win as well. Its an interesting thing with Malts because we all obviously love what he has done and in person he is just a great guy but he has no place but what we are speaking of. That goal in the Ottawa game was legit though lol.

Big Z could watch Hank Z. LOVE IT! Also think that we need his faceoff skills as well. 60 or so percentage in the circle is fine with me especially with how we were embarrassed there way too often this past season which has been a staple for us for so long. I still love what Asham would bring as well as Winchester and Boll. These 4 are who I have wanted since looking at the lists. So we shall just see.

Edited by HankthaTank

That would be ok too. Having character guys like Malts and keeping their game up down with the younger guys is a win as well. Its an interesting thing with Malts because we all obviously love what he has done and in person he is just a great guy but he has no place but what we are speaking of. That goal in the Ottawa game was legit though lol.

Big Z could watch Hank Z. LOVE IT! Also think that we need his faceoff skills as well. 60 or so percentage in the circle is fine with me especially with how were embarrassed there a lot this past season. I still love what Asham would bring as well as Winchester. These 4 are who I have wanted since looking at the lists. So we shall just see.

I think Konopka may be more of a possibility now that Stevie was pretty quick to re-sign Mitch Fritz,who spent last year in the AHL.The signing surprised me,but i think Fritz will get a spot in Tampa's lineup next year.

I think Konopka may be more of a possibility now that Stevie was pretty quick to re-sign Mitch Fritz,who spent last year in the AHL.The signing surprised me,but i think Fritz will get a spot in Tampa's lineup next year.

When Hank dons the "C" whenever the Perfect Human retires, he will need his Probert :thumbup:

I'd love to have Malts available as a call-up if there isn't room for him on the regular roster, but I have a horrible gut feeling that once he hit waivers he'd be claimed.