• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Free Agency Thread

Rate this topic

Asham, Hnidy, Meyer are still out there

At this moment, Shane Hnidy could be one of the best option for the 6th D

Let's hope that Asham or Carcillo will end up with Detroit... and McGrattan on 2-way contract... :hehe:

Flyers have asked Simon Gagne to waive his no-trade clause.

He was their best player (when he played) in the playoffs

Flyers have asked Simon Gagne to waive his no-trade clause.

I would like to know where are you getting all those updates?! You are very well informed!

What about Boulton/Mayers - still unsigned UFA...

Edited by Dominator2005

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

So Kozlov is it, eh?

Yeah that's what its looking like. However keep in mind that they said that those were the top 30 free agents and we are looking at the fourth liners.

Jamal Mayers is a terrible fighter. No thanks.

Shame Winchester only went for $700k. We could have offered him more than that for our 6th Dman :angry:

He would have been a good addition for that price. I wonder if it would have cost more to get him away from St. Louis? No idea but he might not have wanted to up and move without getting more in return.

Brian McGrattan

Andrew Peters

Eric Boulton

Jared Boll (RFA)

Dan Carcillo (RFA)

Jamal Mayers

Nick Tarnasky

Boulton (HW) can take regular shifts

Mayers (MW) can take regular shifts

Boll would be perfect fit - too bad Holland doesn't have a balls to send him offer sheet...

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Leafs seriously looking into signing Afinogenov. New Jersey also in the running.

Settle down Burke lol

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

So are Danny Cleary and Filppula. I think $2.8 - $3 million tops for Lombardi. $2.5 would have been a bargain. $3.5 million for 3 years is too much. He had a career year last year and is banking on it. He's a 40 point guy.

I think if Modano came here, I think we'd have arguably the top three 3rd line in the NHL.

To be fair, at this stage of their careers, I think Lombardi is better than both Cleary and Filppula.

Another thing that is never talked about when comparing salaries is the actual %age of cap hit and adjusting for inflation. For example, 6.7 million when Dat's signed for it, was a lot more of the cap then it is now, so it is only natural for each year the same quality of players would get more money.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

To be fair, at this stage of their careers, I think Lombardi is better than both Cleary and Filppula.

Yes. I would for sure have traded for Lombardi (not sure who) if we knew he would take a salary such as this. I think its pretty much a steal from the standpoint of age and his talent level.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Yes. I would for sure have traded for Lombardi (not sure who) if we knew he would take a salary such as this. I think its pretty much a steal from the standpoint of age and his talent level.

Yeah, I won't be surpised for him to pot 25 goals and 60ish points this year. He reminds me of Filppula, if Filppula was meaner and not a member of ace and bass, although I think Val has more top-end potential.

Still a good signing by Nashville though. Considering their situation, they are run EXCEPTIONALLY well.