• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Free Agency Thread

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

I still think that Lilja will be re-signed. I don't think the other UFA dmen out there, who the Wings can afford, are any better than Lils is. I believe Kenny wants him back, just for a under a million though. My guess is Lils is scouring the market and the interest is not there due to his concussions. I hope he's back. He adds something to the team which you can't place a value on in terms of numbers. All I know is that the team is better with him on it.

I still think that Lilja will be re-signed. I don't think the other UFA dmen out there, who the Wings can afford, are any better than Lils is. I believe Kenny wants him back, just for a under a million though. My guess is Lils is scouring the market and the interest is not there due to his concussions. I hope he's back. He adds something to the team which you can't place a value on in terms of numbers. All I know is that the team is better with him on it.

If we sign Lilja and Modano, this is a successful off season in my opinion, for what we are working with.

Could Kenny wait till camp to see if Sergei Kolosov could step up. The guy has plenty of international exp with Belarus who play in the top pools @ the Worlds and Olympics. He is a stay at home guy and 6/7 D at best. Maybe Kenny wants a vet at the back and not have 3 so called rookie guys at 5,6 and 7. Could save us some cap space too.

If we sign Lilja and Modano, this is a successful off season in my opinion, for what we are working with.

I agree. I would be very happy with this... In fact, I'd be pretty happy if we only got ONE of them.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I dont think we would even have the cap to sign Lilja, Modano, then the RFA's

I dont think we would even have the cap to sign Lilja, Modano, then the RFA's

Depends on how much everyone makes. If between Lilja and Modano we spend like 2.3m or under we can do it I think.

2010-11 DETROIT RED WINGS

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.938m)

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / * Modano ($1.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

* Patrick Eaves ($0.500m) / * Justin Abdelkader ($0.850m) / * Darren Helm ($0.599m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.517m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

* Andreas Lilja ($1.000m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / * Derek Meech ($0.483m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($0.717m) / Chris Osgood ($1.417m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 24; CAP:$59.4m; CARRY-OVER PENALTY: $0.050m;

PAYROLL: $58.674m; CAP ROOM: $0.726m; BONUSES: $0.000m

Plus we'll probably end up waiving Meech.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Guest Hatethedrake!

Imo,we should focus on the needs instead of wants first.Sign a guy like Arron Asham for ~850K.Then sign a rugged 6th defenseman for no more than a mil.

When Derek Boogaard got 1.6 mil from the Rangers, Aaron Asham's price just went up. For 850k Asham would have been signed already. I'm all for signing Asham but I would guess that his price is for alot more than 850k. Heck even Adam Burish got over a million from the Stars.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Oh,how many guys that fought more than 4 or 5 times last year are on our roster?I hadn't noticed any.

So you really think some retard who fights and does nothing else will do more for this team than having the best third line in the league? Do you know anything about hockey? The incredible scoring depth we'd have with Modano will help twice as much as a fight.

So you really think some retard who fights and does nothing else will do more for this team than having the best third line in the league? Do you know anything about hockey? The incredible scoring depth we'd have with Modano will help twice as much as a fight.

please stop with the "best third line in the league" nonsense. Modano isn't even a wing and who knows if the signings will pan out.

Edited by redwingfan19

You're a ******* idiot.Even Kenny has said over and over that he's looking for more grit and nastiness.But he must not know anything about hockey either :rolleyes:

He's also trying to sign Modano to a contract.

There is nothing wrong with grit (Though a 4th line of Eaves/Abds/Helm will be a hell of a line), but at the expense of incredible depth? No thanks.

please stop with the "best third line in the league" nonsense. Modano isn't even a wing and who knows if the signings will pan out.

..he wouldn't play wing. He'd play.....center.

Hudler Modano Cleary

60 goals from those 3 players.

Edit: I'm actually now thinking you meant he's not a Red Wing. But still, name me a better third line.

Edited by Z and D for the C

yes, trying to sign him to a bargain basement offer and he's holding out to see if a team will give him more, and if there are not any takers then he MAY end up here or just retire.

I know it hasn't happened yet, I'm just saying I want it to.

The forward lineup I just posted is stacked. It doesn't look half as good if we sign some 4th line fighter scrub.

He's also trying to sign Modano to a contract.

There is nothing wrong with grit (Though a 4th line of Eaves/Abds/Helm will be a hell of a line), but at the expense of incredible depth? No thanks.

..he wouldn't play wing. He'd play.....center.

Hudler Modano Cleary

60 goals from those 3 players.

Edit: I'm actually now thinking you meant he's not a Red Wing. But still, name me a better third line.

yes I meant, red wing

lucic-kreci-sturm/recchi

edit: not sure bostons lines but it be up there with modano/hudler/cleary and im sure there are other teams as well.

Edited by redwingfan19