• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Free Agency Thread

Rate this topic

Gonchar had a cap hit of 5 million, the pens then signed Martin for a cap hit of 5 million plus Michalek so that is a little weird when you would think they would be looking for a winger right now. Especially since I don't think Martin or Michalek provide anywhere near the offense that Gonchar did.

Very true, their offense needs a winger badly, but not a Pens fan so I am meh on their day, still have two of the top 10 players in the game up front.

and one of those being the goalie who will get a large raise from his previous salary of 800k.

lol at chicago

As we knew.. it was just simple mathematics and more or less them stalling the inevitable by stating they didn't really need to move anyone else.

Silly Hawks, Cups are for Wings.:hehe:

When a guy like Gonchar comes off of the books the cap drops dramatically, much like the day Lids hangs them up that is 7 mil in cap space right there.

Capgeek says they have $2.25 million to sign three players, even using Ben Lovejoy's $525,000/year contract as the sixth defenceman. They only have room left to get wingers in the Max Talbot mold.

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=26

Going to have to say fail on this one. Prust has zip hockey sense and has no place on the Wings. The other 2 have stick skill that fit here and the grit we are looking for.

Winchester has no skill as far as we are talking about, fighting, skating, scoring... very limited

Prust = Drake

Losing Gonchar opened up some extra cap space and created a big hole on their back end.

You're right. Penguins have $2,258,333 cap left with 20 spots filled. So $752,778 $/spot. They did a good job.

4.093 to spend and minimum of 8 players to sign.

511,000 per player.

I'm seeing $4,093,663 cap left with 13 spots filled. For $409,366 $/spot. I cannot fathom how screwed they really are....what am I missing?

Edited by syntax

kenny must be golfing today

Yeah, that's gotta be it.

That, or he didn't feel like ridiculously overpaying for players that aren't that important. Boogaard for $1.625 per, Armstrong for $3....ridiculous. Kenny *shouldn't* have any part of this.

Winchester has no skill as far as we are talking about, fighting, skating, scoring... very limited

Prust = Drake

Drake does not = Cup as everyone thinks on here.

Loved how he played but that is your opinion and you would for sure be the first I have ever heard compare him to Drake. More or less Asham or even Konopka would be much more useful than Prust.

You're right. Penguins have $2,258,333 cap left with 20 spots filled. So $752,778 $/spot. They did a good job.

I'm seeing $4,093,663 cap left with 13 spots filled. For $409,366 $/spot. I cannot fathom how screwed they really are....what am I missing?

My numbers were based off of needing a 21 man roster, that is probably why my numbers are askew!

Drake does not = Cup as everyone thinks on here.

Loved how he played but that is your opinion and you would for sure be the first I have ever heard compare him to Drake. More or less Asham or even Konopka would be much more useful than Prust.

Drake does not = Cup You are 100% right but guy named Holland is looking for Drake type of player...

Wings waiting for the overpaying teams to use up their capspace before stepping in and making a steal.

Maybe Artuykin could be a possability, the guy can play as well as fight. Think that Kenny will get his

grit on the 6/7 D man and not at forward thou.

As we knew.. it was just simple mathematics and more or less them stalling the inevitable by stating they didn't really need to move anyone else.

Silly Hawks, Cups are for Wings.:hehe:

Oh god that is one of the funniest things I have read and subsequently imagined a trix commercial where the kids are all wearing wings jerseys and the rabbit had a hawks one on and he keeps trying to steal the stanley cup.

Yeah, that's gotta be it.

That, or he didn't feel like ridiculously overpaying for players that aren't that important. Boogaard for $1.625 per, Armstrong for $3....ridiculous. Kenny *shouldn't* have any part of this.

I guess you dont take sarcasm very well..

and I agree, those contracts are pretty horrid, armstrong could justify his if he has a good year but not likely

anybody else wann asee philly send an offer sheet to niemi?

Philly has virtually no cap space. Not gonna happen unless they make a trade. I'm expecting they will make some kind of trade though.

Wings waiting for the overpaying teams to use up their capspace before stepping in and making a steal.

Maybe Artuykin could be a possability, the guy can play as well as fight. Think that Kenny will get his

that's the tough thing for wings fans on these days usually, kenny isn't a sensationalist

Drake does not = Cup You are 100% right but guy named Holland is looking for Drake type of player...

Agree to disagree lol. But I would say Big Z for the faceoffs and the sheer terror he strikes into guys. And Asham for the heart, talent, and bombs he can deliver. On a wing with Abby centering, loving that line.

BTW Prust wouldn't piss me off either. Just not on my radar (aka my useless meaningless, non-GM radar :hehe: )

Those thinking that the hawks really only have 4 mill to spend need to realize that in that cap hit right now is Huet's contract at like 5.2mill. Its rumored but fairly reasonable to expect that Huet ends up in Rockford or he ends up playing in the khl with his salary paid for by the hawks but not on the cap hit. So its more along hte lines of 9 mill cap left with 13 players signed. Which isn't as bad but its still not good. Niemi and Hjallmerson are looking at raises which will likely put both of them around 5mill. So 15 people signed 4 mill to go... little better not so good though.

It would be perfect - but he's way too big for Detroit philosophie...