• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Free Agency Thread

Rate this topic

I think the biggest thing we'll take from this day is that the Derek Boogaard deal will go down as one of the worst in history. $6.5 million/four years.

I still can't believe it.

Oh and I would be ecstatic if we got asham. I think that guys is someone who would do well in the wings system. He plays the gritty style we would want. Granted his fighting isn't there as much anymore but I'm one of those that feel that fighting is extremely overrated and used by teams who simply don't have the talent to try and even the playing field. The Red Wings have that talent, most of the time fighting would be a detriment.

Agree to disagree lol. But I would say Big Z for the faceoffs and the sheer terror he strikes into guys. And Asham for the heart, talent, and bombs he can deliver. On a wing with Abby centering, loving that line.

BTW Prust wouldn't piss me off either. Just not on my radar (aka my useless meaningless, non-GM radar :hehe: )

I'm gonna be honest with you, it would be nice to have anybody who can drop the gloves and play regular shifts on 3rd/4th line... but I don't think we are going to get that guy... I have like a "DÉJÀ VU"...

Those thinking that the hawks really only have 4 mill to spend need to realize that in that cap hit right now is Huet's contract at like 5.2mill. Its rumored but fairly reasonable to expect that Huet ends up in Rockford or he ends up playing in the khl with his salary paid for by the hawks but not on the cap hit. So its more along hte lines of 9 mill cap left with 13 players signed. Which isn't as bad but its still not good. Niemi and Hjallmerson are looking at raises which will likely put both of them around 5mill. So 15 people signed 4 mill to go... little better not so good though.

And you are forgetting that even though the old man died, this owner is still his father's son and will not simply pay some guy 5 MILLION DOLLARS to simply go away...this isn't ******* NHL 10 where money is just an afterthought.

I'm gonna be honest with you, it would be nice to have anybody who can drop the gloves and play regular shifts on 3rd/4th line... but I don't think we are going to get that guy... I have like a "DÉJÀ VU"...

Yet we want Maltby.... again!!!! Sorry Kirk time to let ya go.

And you are forgetting that even though the old man died, this owner is still his father's son and will not simply pay some guy 5 MILLION DOLLARS to simply go away...this isn't ******* NHL 10 where money is just an afterthought.

They have to pay him regardless. Rocky is a completely different owner than Dollar Bill. No matter where is playing they have to pay him 5 mill, unless they trade him or he is picked on waivers. He plays in the NHL, obviously he gets paid. Rockford: 1 way contract he gets paid. KHL: Paid in order to count on his contract years.

These prices are atrocious. Given the lack of talent available it doesn't surprise me how teams are overpaying, but I'm sure glad Kenny isn't one of them.

my plan worked then

What was that? To waste bandwidth.

Silly NFM....I'm now adding to the problem.

The worst deal of the day IMO, was Ottawa signing an injury riddled Gonchar, who quite frankly looked like he'd given up against Montreal in the playoffs, to a 35+ 3-year, $5.5 million contract.

They now have the defensive equivalent to the enigmatic and equally useless Alexei Kovalev.

... and to boot, they've very got little cap room left.