• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Free Agency Thread

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Ugh, I could say this a billion times and never be even close to feigning it. TSN is a billion times better than ESPN. I would love the option of which one to get!

You would also rather have Prospal then Bertuzzi. You can't always get the impossible.

Guest Crymson

Why did Hamhuis get such a big contract? We play Nashville alot and i didnt really think he was a high impact guy or anything. Maybe i havent seen him play enough but for a team like Vancouver to give a 6 year 4.5 mil a year contract seems weird for a guy like Hamhuis. I know hes young and a big bodied D but i didnt think he was a 4.5 mil kind of guy.

This year's FA crop is exceptionally weak. However, teams still have needs, and so they'll overpay for those high-level (which is quite relative this year) free agents who are available.

So I guys this is gritty forward in Holland's world... :zzz:

Yeah, because every last low-price gritty forward ALWAYS gets signed on the first day.

What planet are you living on?

About which part?

Sure the Wings were 3rd in man games lost, and there was a stretch where they were starting AHLers but again they are not the first nor only team to deal with injuries.

other teams who had significant injuries also s*** the bed

Sather majorly overpaid Derek Boogaard.Over 1 mil for a 4th liner is ridiculous.I read somewhere that the Rangers are stuck with the whole Donald Brashear situation.At first,it seemed obvious that they were going to buy out his contract.But now it doesn't look like it.His age will somehow affect the Rangers cap whether or not he is bought out.I'm not sure.I'm not a cap expert.But someone will pick up Brashear.Washington was rumored to be interested in re-acquiring him.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

As "weak" as the FA class has been ,teams are sure dumping the cash... Sure is comical.

Agreed. It's days like these that makes me happy to have Holland. I can deal with a boring offseason if it means a long post season.

In Kenny We Trust.

Guest Crymson

I def didn't think he'd go for 1.8... I guess his past injuries contributed a bit to the lower cap hit. I would have taken him at 1.8.

We don't have $1.8m to spend on a third-pairing defenseman.

In Kenny We Trust.

Always. The fact people have the audacity to say otherwise on here is just out and out blasphemous.

Though the Malts umbilical has to be cut. (No clue how to spell that, feel like its close and weird enough of a reference)

Always. The fact people have the audacity to say otherwise on here is just out and out blasphemous.

Though the Malts umbilical has to be cut. (No clue how to spell that, feel like its close and weird enough of a reference)

People love to bring in new faces, big faces at that. Come May though, they'll appreciate the fact that Kenny didn't strap us with some stupid overpaid underachiever, which I assume will happen to many this year. Then it will be the same thing all over again next July.

People love to bring in new faces, big faces at that. Come May though, they'll appreciate the fact that Kenny didn't strap us with some stupid overpaid underachiever, which I assume will happen to many this year. Then it will be the same thing all over again next July.

See the New York Rangers last 5 seasons...

This might make you feel better:

Holland has talked to the agents for Kirk Maltby, Andreas Lilja and Brett Lebda.

“I told them it’s in their best interest and our best interest if they explore the market,’’ Holland said. “We can have a conversation next week if they’re still out there. That doesn’t mean we’ll sign them.’’

No way, I cant wait to see Gaborik and Boogaard take the league by storm. Look out Backstrom and Ovie :ph34r:

I'll see your Gaborik-Boogey combo and raise you a Richards-Burish point fest.

This might make you feel better:

Holland has talked to the agents for Kirk Maltby, Andreas Lilja and Brett Lebda.

"I told them it's in their best interest and our best interest if they explore the market,'' Holland said. "We can have a conversation next week if they're still out there. That doesn't mean we'll sign them.''

I am not losing my mind losing a guy like Lils like some on here were for an entire thread, but I wouldn't mind him back for $1 mill either. In retrospect its sure nice that he is speaking with Malts and Lebda's agents but fact of the matter would be that they have absolutely no place on this team anymore. Those are the guys we need to let loose.

And the Wings went from Pres trophy contender to almost out of the playoffs, remember the jump to fifth took one hell of a run at the end!

That wasn't because of the players we lost in the off season (Abdelkader was our 2nd line center for a while). It was because of the injuries we sustained. The latter half of the season when we had an actually healthy lineup we were the best team in the league.

other teams who had significant injuries also s*** the bed

The season before when Mule and Z were out as well as either Lids or Kronwall (can't remember which) Hossa and Pavel carried the team for stretches.

Last season a hot Howard carried the team and a very solid to great Stuart played some great D at stretches.

All I am saying is injuries is not the only reason the Wings slipped in the standings, having no offensive depth hurt as well.

EDM was s*** before the injuries, so being #1 in man games lost did not hurt them.

One injury can derail some teams, while others have depth which allows them to keep pace, CHI put themselves in a situation where this year they have no depth to deal with injuries much like the Wings last year. The difference is the Wings had a full roster.

The season before when Mule and Z were out as well as either Lids or Kronwall (can't remember which) Hossa and Pavel carried the team for stretches.

Last season a hot Howard carried the team and a very solid to great Stuart played some great D at stretches.

All I am saying is injuries is not the only reason the Wings slipped in the standings, having no offensive depth hurt as well.

EDM was s*** before the injuries, so being #1 in man games lost did not hurt them.

One injury can derail some teams, while others have depth which allows them to keep pace, CHI put themselves in a situation where this year they have no depth to deal with injuries much like the Wings last year. The difference is the Wings had a full roster.

Funny how after the olympic break when we had our full lineup healthy we had the highest win % of any team in the league.

Didn't we go on a 9 game losing streak during that time?

Edit: Nevermind, that was the year before.

Edited by Tr!PoD#19

That wasn't because of the players we lost in the off season (Abdelkader was our 2nd line center for a while). It was because of the injuries we sustained. The latter half of the season when we had an actually healthy lineup we were the best team in the league.

What was the reason in late November early december, when Flip and Cleary were still healthy, before the D took a beating?

All I am saying is to say injuries is the only reason is an excuse, imo.

A Jimmy Howard playing out of his head really helped make that run at the end of the season.