• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Free Agency Thread

Rate this topic

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

CHI just adds some toughness. Signs John Scott to a two-year contract.

Sorry direct quote from Bob McKenzie

:lol:

Chicago signs John Scott (who?) to two years. Bob McKenzie claims it gives the Hawks some toughness.

Massive SOB. Partnered Boogaard in Minnesota. Heavyweight fighter who is undefeated in the NHL. Hes 6'8 I think.

John Scott is a pure goon. 1 goal and 1 assist in 51 games. Only a -3 though, and hardly ever took bad penalties.

I'd love Konopka. Tough, young defensively sound enforcer whos damn good at faceoffs. Sadly, like last year, it looks like we're gonna wait until we can scrape the bottom of the barrel for someone not really up to what we need (see Brad May last year).

Massive SOB. Partnered Boogaard in Minnesota. Heavyweight fighter who is undefeated in the NHL. Hes 6'8 I think.

john scott is wasted size, he doens't fight much and can't play a physical game for jack s***, total pylon

what's funny is that I have seen multiple people say the exact same thing...you would think he would eventually catch on

I just like the sense of community on days like these. It helps when there are a ton of people hungry for information on what is happening. For the record, I am well aware of the rift between those too. I like him as a player, I would like to have him on the team.

Not too different than most of the threads on here. People like certain guys and would like to see them on the team. We wouldn't have much to talk about if we all just said hey that isn't going to happen and were done talking about it. I like everyone on our team, I like hearing what happens. Love to talk about it. BTW on the record, thought when we traded for him that it was a good move.

Just don't like how his reputation gets him calls that he doesn't deserve and the turnovers.

I can honestly say at these prices, I am not at all upset we did not sign anyone today. Not one of these players was someone I really would have wanted/thought would help the team/was at the right price. Holland does well at what he does. I am intrested to see what he does for a number 6-7 defenseman this year...

john scott is wasted size, he doens't fight much and can't play a physical game for jack s***, total pylon

He doens't fight only because noone wants to fight him. Which means he does his job without trying.

Im surprised you havnt made any more posts about me. You must be getting anxious.

Guest Haters_Gonna_Hate

He doesn't fight because people on the other team don't want to die. Obviously this guy has very limited skills but acting like he isn't a menacing presence is complete horses***. He would eat Byfuglien for breakfast.

Edited by Haters_Gonna_Hate

Here's a quote from Holland off Mlive:

"As we get closer to camp, it would be ideal to sign a tough, agitating center or another player we think adds a dimension we need to fit as a complimentary player," Holland said.

ZENON KONOPKA is your man!