1349 replies to this topic

#761 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:26 PM

In Kenny We Trust.

Always. The fact people have the audacity to say otherwise on here is just out and out blasphemous.

Though the Malts umbilical has to be cut. (No clue how to spell that, feel like its close and weird enough of a reference)
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#762 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

Always. The fact people have the audacity to say otherwise on here is just out and out blasphemous.

Though the Malts umbilical has to be cut. (No clue how to spell that, feel like its close and weird enough of a reference)

People love to bring in new faces, big faces at that. Come May though, they'll appreciate the fact that Kenny didn't strap us with some stupid overpaid underachiever, which I assume will happen to many this year. Then it will be the same thing all over again next July.

#763 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:34 PM

People love to bring in new faces, big faces at that. Come May though, they'll appreciate the fact that Kenny didn't strap us with some stupid overpaid underachiever, which I assume will happen to many this year. Then it will be the same thing all over again next July.

See the New York Rangers last 5 seasons...

#764 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

See the New York Rangers last 5 seasons...

No way, I cant wait to see Gaborik and Boogaard take the league by storm. Look out Backstrom and Ovie :ph34r:

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#765 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:38 PM

This might make you feel better:

Holland has talked to the agents for Kirk Maltby, Andreas Lilja and Brett Lebda.

“I told them it’s in their best interest and our best interest if they explore the market,’’ Holland said. “We can have a conversation next week if they’re still out there. That doesn’t mean we’ll sign them.’’
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#766 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:43 PM

No way, I cant wait to see Gaborik and Boogaard take the league by storm. Look out Backstrom and Ovie :ph34r:

I'll see your Gaborik-Boogey combo and raise you a Richards-Burish point fest.

This might make you feel better:

Holland has talked to the agents for Kirk Maltby, Andreas Lilja and Brett Lebda.

"I told them it's in their best interest and our best interest if they explore the market,'' Holland said. "We can have a conversation next week if they're still out there. That doesn't mean we'll sign them.''

I am not losing my mind losing a guy like Lils like some on here were for an entire thread, but I wouldn't mind him back for $1 mill either. In retrospect its sure nice that he is speaking with Malts and Lebda's agents but fact of the matter would be that they have absolutely no place on this team anymore. Those are the guys we need to let loose.

#767 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:46 PM

And the Wings went from Pres trophy contender to almost out of the playoffs, remember the jump to fifth took one hell of a run at the end!

That wasn't because of the players we lost in the off season (Abdelkader was our 2nd line center for a while). It was because of the injuries we sustained. The latter half of the season when we had an actually healthy lineup we were the best team in the league.
Posted Image

#768 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:49 PM

other teams who had significant injuries also s*** the bed

The season before when Mule and Z were out as well as either Lids or Kronwall (can't remember which) Hossa and Pavel carried the team for stretches.

Last season a hot Howard carried the team and a very solid to great Stuart played some great D at stretches.

All I am saying is injuries is not the only reason the Wings slipped in the standings, having no offensive depth hurt as well.

EDM was s*** before the injuries, so being #1 in man games lost did not hurt them.

One injury can derail some teams, while others have depth which allows them to keep pace, CHI put themselves in a situation where this year they have no depth to deal with injuries much like the Wings last year. The difference is the Wings had a full roster.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#769 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

Nystrom to Minny
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#770 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:51 PM

The season before when Mule and Z were out as well as either Lids or Kronwall (can't remember which) Hossa and Pavel carried the team for stretches.

Last season a hot Howard carried the team and a very solid to great Stuart played some great D at stretches.

All I am saying is injuries is not the only reason the Wings slipped in the standings, having no offensive depth hurt as well.

EDM was s*** before the injuries, so being #1 in man games lost did not hurt them.

One injury can derail some teams, while others have depth which allows them to keep pace, CHI put themselves in a situation where this year they have no depth to deal with injuries much like the Wings last year. The difference is the Wings had a full roster.

Funny how after the olympic break when we had our full lineup healthy we had the highest win % of any team in the league.
Posted Image

#771 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:52 PM

Eric Nystrom signs with Minnesota. 3 years at $1.4 million.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#772 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:53 PM

Eric Nystrom signs with Minnesota. 3 years at $1.4 million.

Great deal for them :angry:

Only 2 on the "wants" list left.

#773 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:54 PM

Didn't we go on a 9 game losing streak during that time?

Edit: Nevermind, that was the year before.

Edited by Tr!PoD#19, 01 July 2010 - 06:57 PM.

#774 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:55 PM

That wasn't because of the players we lost in the off season (Abdelkader was our 2nd line center for a while). It was because of the injuries we sustained. The latter half of the season when we had an actually healthy lineup we were the best team in the league.

What was the reason in late November early december, when Flip and Cleary were still healthy, before the D took a beating?

All I am saying is to say injuries is the only reason is an excuse, imo.

A Jimmy Howard playing out of his head really helped make that run at the end of the season.

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#775 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

a very solid to great Stuart played some great D at stretches.

This has been almost forgotten by everyone. Stuart was a machine to start the year and then battled through his injuries like he does always.

#776 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

You would also rather have Prospal then Bertuzzi. You can't always get the impossible.

He signed for less than Bertuzzi did when we signed Bert last time, had better numbers across the board. Just saying.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#777 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Son of a *****!:ranting:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#778 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:57 PM

He signed for less than Bertuzzi did when we signed Bert last time, had better numbers across the board. Just saying.

I have personally quoted you on this topic at least 3 or 4 direct times in the past week, but just in case you are still wondering BABCOCK WILL NOT TAKE PROSPAL ON THIS TEAM.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#779 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Didn't we go on a 9 game losing streak during that time?

NO the longest losing streak was 5 that season!

#780 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Stuart never gets the recognition he deserves on this team. He has been incredibly solid since we signed him
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image