1349 replies to this topic

#101 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:27 AM

Coburn, 2 years, cap hit of $3.2M/year.

Also, apparently Gonchar would have accepted the same deal in Pittsburgh, but they were weary of the 35+ rule.

EDITED for correction.

Edited by edicius, 01 July 2010 - 11:28 AM.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#102 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:27 AM

Tanguay back to Flames

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#103 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:28 AM

Michalek now a free agent

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#104 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:28 AM

tanguay to cgy
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#105 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:29 AM

Dont let it dissapoint you to much. Ive heard the exact opposite about Mike. Heard he is great with fans. Ive had freidns that have met him and said he was awesome to meet and didnt have a bad word to say about him. Of course there are going to be stories of the "bad" interactions people ahve with him, because noone is perfect. People are more likely to make public the interactions where people come off less than flattering, and are less likely to make public the interactions where the athlete is polite and great. Everyone has bad days, and you cant please everyone.

Very true. I've seen our own Captain Nick blow off fans. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing. There's just times when you don't want to be bothered. And I honestly don't blame any player for that.
I've got to head back to work in a few minutes and I have NO internet access!!!!! :(

#106 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Dont let it dissapoint you to much. Ive heard the exact opposite about Mike. Heard he is great with fans. Ive had freidns that have met him and said he was awesome to meet and didnt have a bad word to say about him. Of course there are going to be stories of the "bad" interactions people ahve with him, because noone is perfect. People are more likely to make public the interactions where people come off less than flattering, and are less likely to make public the interactions where the athlete is polite and great. Everyone has bad days, and you cant please everyone.

I've also read that he's less of a jerk since he got married. *shrug*

One story I found though:

So I was assisting on a photo shoot for a couple of Dallas Stars. We did some shots on the ice and then we were setting up for a shoot in the locker room before the players got in there. Modano came in early and was a real ******. He was pointing at the equipment and started yelling "Get this s*** outta here!" and when no one responded he pointed at me and said, "Hey you! Hey you little s***! Get this s*** outta here!" At first I was like, is Modano calling me a little s***? I'm 6'4" and just minding my own business and some hot shot hockey player starts calling me a little s***.

ABV_sig.png

#107 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Per TSN, a rumor:

TSNBobMcKenzie: Savard to CGY for Regher is a serious consideration for both teams, but Savard has not yet been asked to waive NTC by BOS. Stay tuned.

Posted Image

#108 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Michalek now a free agent

Come on Kenny!

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#109 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:30 AM

Very true. I've seen our own Captain Nick blow off fans. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing. There's just times when you don't want to be bothered. And I honestly don't blame any player for that.
I've got to head back to work in a few minutes and I have NO internet access!!!!! :(

Modano plays in the NHL nad has a hot wife, you would expect someone like that to be content with it
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#110 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:31 AM

Come on Kenny!

Yeah, come on, Kenny! I know you're good enough to totally circumvent the salary cap!

#111 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:35 AM

Yeah, come on, Kenny! I know you're good enough to totally circumvent the salary cap!

Hey, if Brian Burke could do it! :P

ABV_sig.png

#112 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:35 AM

Hey, if Brian Burke could do it! :P

LOL

#113 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:36 AM

LOL

and the Blackhawks!
:lol:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#114 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:36 AM

Depends on what you consider "blowing off fans". I can hardly believe Lidstrom would say anything derogatory to an autograph seeker or fan. Maybe stay silent on a bad day or something, but not act like a ******. The guy is just too nice a guy. Modano doesn't just "blow off fans", he insults them. He goes to resturaunts and demands no one goes near his table. He tells people who work for the Stars organization to "stay the hell away from him". And, as previously mentioned, he tells a sweet young fan who wants nothing more then an autograph to f*** off.

Listen to NHL Live sometime, theres been two occasions that people have called to vent about their horrible encounter with him. Ugh.

Edited by ShanahanMan, 01 July 2010 - 11:37 AM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#115 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

Did you call Modano for a rebuttal?
No?
Well, then I guess all you have is accusations.

I've also read that he's less of a jerk since he got married. *shrug*

One story I found though:
[/i]

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by some sort of IPA and a heaping dose of sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#116 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

Depends on what you consider "blowing off fans". I can hardly believe Lidstrom would say anything derogatory to an autograph seeker or fan. Maybe stay silent on a bad day or something, but not act like a ******. The guy is just too nice a guy. Modano doesn't just "blow off fans", he insults them. He goes to resturaunts and demands no one goes near his table. He tells people who work for the Stars organization doing photo shoots to "stay the hell away from him". And, as previously mentioned, he tells a sweet young fan who wants nothing more then an autograph to f*** off.

Listen to NHL Live sometime, theres been two occasions that people have called to vent about their horrible encounter with him. Ugh.

maybe he's softened up in his old age
:ph34r:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#117 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:38 AM

maybe he's softened up in his old age
:ph34r:

Well, the encounter I had was about two years ago so, had to be within then.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#118 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:38 AM

JayOnrait: RT @TSNBobMcKenzie: Savard to CGY for Regher is a serious consideration for both teams, but Savard has not yet been asked to waive NTC ...

Posted Image

#119 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:39 AM

Tanguay signed for 1 year @ $1.7m.

#120 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:39 AM

I hope we sign Modano now because people are saying he IS a ******... then he comes here, puts up 40 points for 900K, saves some children from a burning building and then some of you guys can eat crow.