• Please log in to reply
1349 replies to this topic

#1201 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

Shane O'Brien accepts qualifying offer, increasing salary cap pressure on the Canucks
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#1202 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:49 PM

Agreed. Miller is essentially a left-handed Eaves, minus the rocket of a shot that Eaves possesses. He helped revamp the PK, so I'll give props there, but it'd be nice to add even more offensive depth to the team. If we can add Modano we have, perhaps, the deepest set of Top 9 forwards in the league.

I'd rather have Miller than Eaves because of what you spoke of on the PK. He is a bit redundant, unless of course we lose Maltby and Draper in the next two seasons... You know like if they retire or something.

I feel like Eaves is a good solid player as well which brings a bit more offense than Miller, but is no where near as hard a worker or defensively sound.

Bottom line is I respect Miller for helping us turn our year around last year and think he deserves a shot at being apart of this team. I doubt either Miller or Eaves are going to be long term parts of our team. I also get the feeling that Mursak would eventually replace Eaves role on the team.

No matter what happens there will be battles in camp for sure, and let us just hope that who ever loses their spot can be traded for a pick or something!

1year deal for Miller
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#1203 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:01 PM

I feel like Eaves is a good solid player as well which brings a bit more offense than Miller, but is no where near as hard a worker or defensively sound.

Really? Because I think Eaves busted his ass off last year. He reminds me a Cleary, only to a lesser scale. I think with some security he could become a fixture on the 3rd/4th line for us in the future, but for now he'll likely sign for a year or two.

I also get the feeling that Mursak would eventually replace Eaves role on the team.

Mursak's style is nothing like Eaves'. Mursak is a goal scorer, and he's got blazing speed, almost comparable to Helm's. Mursak put up 24 goals last season with the Griffins, and if he can continue to adapt the physical aspects of the AHL he will continue to improve. The only think the two players have in common is that they're right handed.

No matter what happens there will be battles in camp for sure, and let us just hope that who ever loses their spot can be traded for a pick or something!

This I can agree with, but I also think that it will be difficult to get any kind of compensation for our leftovers. I think that one or two of Miller, Ritola and/or Meech could be move for possibly a late round pick.

#1204 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:12 PM

Eric Boulton re-signs with Atlanta.1 year deal.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1205 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:50 PM

Philly re-opening contract talks with Aaron Asham.

:(

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#1206 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:59 PM

Maybe Carcillo could be on his way out then?

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1207 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:05 PM

Maybe Carcillo could be on his way out then?

It seems like it. Not that he'd ever end up here.

Im giving up on Holland actually living up to his words about adding any toughness. He'll sign Modano and Lilja and call it a done deal.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak

#1208 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:09 PM

Well Carcillo would fit the description of an agitating,physical presenc who can play.We seem to have a good "relationship" with the Flyers,as far as management and front office dealings go,especially with the Leino deal..

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1209 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

What about Georges Laraque? If he'd come cheap I wouldn't mind him here if Kenny does decide to get an enforcer.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#1210 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

What about Georges Laraque? If he'd come cheap I wouldn't mind him here if Kenny does decide to get an enforcer.

He's an awful enforcer. Good fighter though. Not the same thing sadly.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak

#1211 PatKaneInHumane

PatKaneInHumane

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:26 PM

Im giving up on Holland actually living up to his words about adding any toughness. He'll sign Modano and Lilja and call it a done deal.

Wasn't there just a recent article that quoted Lilija's agent saying he had not heard any offers from the RWs yet? Holland probably wants to stick with Kindl or sign a cheaper 6/7th plug.

#1212 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:34 PM

I know how you feel there. They desperately need some form of sandpaper. Unless Abdelkader is spending this summer in boot camp they ain't got much.

But...

Holland did say "at the right price" and other fine print qualifiers. So it's really not that much of a surprise.

#1213 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:38 PM

At this point I'd be pretty content with signing Modano and Exelby. It's not what I expected going into the off-season, but I think both moves could contribute to the success of the team next year. Plus, I made these moves on NHL 10, so they must be true.

#1214 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:15 AM

He didn't promise anything. He just said they'll look into it.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#1215 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,387 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:26 AM

Pass.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#1216 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:02 AM

I haven't heard any news about Laraque lately.Maybe he's planning on hangin' em up?

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1217 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:17 AM

Eric Boulton just re-signed in Atlanta. 650k.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#1218 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:53 AM

I haven't heard any news about Laraque lately.Maybe he's planning on hangin' em up?

I haven't heard anything on Big Georges either.He's still the best fighter in the league. If only he would fight more. Not that there is a line of guys wanting to fight him.

At this point I'd be pretty content with signing Modano and Exelby. It's not what I expected going into the off-season, but I think both moves could contribute to the success of the team next year. Plus, I made these moves on NHL 10, so they must be true.

Exelby is terrible. We do not want him. Plus he's a whiner. He whined about not playing enough for the Leafs last season and Wilson (who is a douchebag himself) basically said he needs to deserve to play more.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#1219 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

Rob Neidermeyer to Buffalo. 1yr - 1M

edit: overpayement IMO

Edited by rick zombo, 07 July 2010 - 11:12 AM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#1220 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:00 PM

nabakov signs 4 year deal in russia
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors