Sign in to follow this  
Gnredwing

Rangers

Rate this topic

With what's left out there - I still want to see us get one of (in this order):

Asham

Winchester

Boll

When Nystrom got scooped by the Wild I cringed a tad but this is the list I still had too. So we can only hope we can get one of these fine 4th liners. Any of the 3 I am :D

Ducks had Parros

Played 5 playoff games in 2007 playoffs as an injury replacement for Shawn Thornton.

The Wings had Downey

Did not play in playoffs.

Pens had Godard

Did not play in playoffs.

And for the cleanup, the closest thing Chicago had to an enforcer last season was checking winger Ben Eager.

None of the last four Cup champs have dressed an enforcer during the playoffs regularly, only one of them has even dressed one for any games.

Very interesting to say the least.

Played 5 playoff games in 2007 playoffs as an injury replacement for Shawn Thornton.

And for the cleanup, the closest thing Chicago had to an enforcer last season was checking winger Ben Eager.

None of the last four Cup champs have dressed an enforcer during the playoffs regularly, only one of them has even dressed one for any games.

Very interesting to say the least.

[/font]

To be clear, I'm not arguing that these players need to be dressed during the playoffs. They are utilized best during the regular season where they 'keep the flies off' the rest of the team.

I'm also not trying to prove the presence of an enforcer helped these teams win the Stanley Cup, just that their presence during the regular season did not hinder their respective teams from achieving. We can go back and forth about if an enforcer is needed. In the end, no player playing ~6 min a night making less than 1m will be able to make or break a team's season. For that reason, I prefer to have an enforcer fill this role as I believe he brings more than a Maltby or Miller (assuming other PK'ers are available) type player.

Edited by WorkingOvertime

The Rangers always seem to overpay players who never end up playing well enough to deserve that much money (A couple great examples being Wade Redden, Chris Drury, and Michael Rozsival). The Boogard signing proves that they still havent learned their lesson.

With the lack of success they have been having since they caught on to this trend, you would think that they would stop giving out contracts that make the rest of the NHL, along with the public, laugh out loud.

I understand that the big apple is a high priced city and expences there are much higher than anywere else, but if this team ever wants to be a top 5, they need to stop handing out silly contracts to undeserving players.