• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Majsheppard

Is Vancouver the team to beat?

Rate this topic

And to think we all wanted Holland to trade Datsyuk for Luongo years ago.

You're seriously writing Luongo off after one sub-par season?

Guess the Wings will be lucky to squeak into the playoffs again next season after a lot of sub-par performances this season. You must be devastated.

Guess the Wings will be lucky to squeak into the playoffs again next season after a lot of sub-par performances this season. You must be devastated.

You'd seriously rather have Luongo than Pavel Datsyuk?

Edited by Zetts

You're seriously writing Datsyuk off after one sub-par season?

See what I did there? You must be devastated.

You'd seriously rather have Luongo than Pavel Datsyuk?

There are a number of Canucks I'd rather have than Datsyuk, and yeah, Luongo is one of them.

Save this thread in your favourites and throw it back at me around Christmas.

You're seriously writing Datsyuk off after one sub-par season?

See what I did there? You must be devastated.

I do.

You took my (sarcastic) point and turned it into your own and in effect, agreed with me in that a player shouldn't be written off after one sub-par season. Isn't that a "point" for me?

Edited by Chairman Maouth

There are a number of Canucks I'd rather have than Datsyuk, and yeah, Luongo is one of them.

Save this thread in your favourites and throw it back at me around Christmas.

Why do so many of you guys feel the need to come to a Red Wings board to validate your team? Go bug the Blackhawk fans.

If H. Sedin has another year like he did this past season, then I could see them being the team to beat in the West.

I actually think there are more question marks in the West than ever before. I think people are forgetting about Nashville, who I believe will have a fantastic season.

Not one sub-par season, but two sub-par POST-seasons. Big difference. The whole "5 instead of 7 so that's an improvement" statement from your captain has got to have you a bit worried. I know I'd sure as hell be worried if Nick Lidstrom said something to that effect.

Also, not only did the Wings not "squeak into the playoffs" last season, but they had the best record in the NHL after the Olympic break due to the fact that they were completely healthy, unlike starting at the third game of the year.

If H. Sedin has another year like he did this past season, then I could see them being the team to beat in the West.

I actually think there are more question marks in the West than ever before. I think people are forgetting about Nashville, who I believe will have a fantastic season.

I'm not so sure, after losing Hamuis and Arnott.

Why do so many of you guys feel the need to come to a Red Wings board to validate your team? Go bug the Blackhawk fans.

Excellent response their chief. Well done and totally original. In the nearly 5 years I've been a member here no has ever before told me to leave. Not a mod, not a member, no one. You're the first.

I like this forum and the people here. For the most part, they are fairly knowledgeable and polite hockey fans. Congratulations on being the exception that proves the rule.

Excellent response their chief. Well done and totally original. In the nearly 5 years I've been a member here no has ever before told me to leave. Not a mod, not a member, no one. You're the first.

I like this forum and the people here. For the most part, they are fairly knowledgeable and polite hockey fans. Congratulations on being the exception that proves the rule.

Boo hoo

Sedin was unreal last season, and Burrows had a nice stretch there too.

Not one sub-par season, but two sub-par POST-seasons. Big difference. The whole "5 instead of 7 so that's an improvement" statement from your captain has got to have you a bit worried. I know I'd sure as hell be worried if Nick Lidstrom said something to that effect.

Also, not only did the Wings not "squeak into the playoffs" last season, but they had the best record in the NHL after the Olympic break due to the fact that they were completely healthy, unlike starting at the third game of the year.

One bad game two years ago; otherwise a solid playoffs. A fairly solid effort this playoffs considering the state of the Canucks defence. You know how ridiculous the injuries on defence were -- right? It was brutal -- and now the defense has been addressed by Gillis.

I guess I just imagined all the panic and the Flames watching going on around here towards the end of the season.

Look, I know it's human nature to devalue opposing players and overvalue your own, but I try to be as objective as possible. Luongo is still fairly young. Devaluing him now based on his performance over essentially one calendar year may be foolish. Kipper is older than Luongo and had 3 or 4 years in a row where his play deteriorated, last year he was back with a vengeance. I'm not laughing at him anymore -- except for maybe when he abandoned ship in the Olympics. :yowza:

until vancouver does something in the playoffs no one will take them seriously. they came close in 94 but has been not making the playoffs or second round flops ever since. The canadian media is always nut hugging a canadian team. this year it is vancouver, before its been calgary or the sens. same old thing every year, same goes for the sharks as well. nucks have a shot just like anyone else but tsn guys calling them the team to beat with the very good but most overrated goalie of all time is puzzling.

Alot of us here believe that Luongo is a sieve and has a s***ty attitude. That's why we don't fear your team. And considering that he has never really done anything to prove otherwise, I guess you're just gonna have to deal with it.

I'm not sure I can do that chief. Your post may haunt me the rest of my life. As a matter of fact, I'm on the verge of tears at this very moment. Hell, I may need an ambulance to take me to the hospital for a dose of IV Valium. Is Valium strong enough? I don't know. I may need a horse tranquilizer instead. Yeah, that's it. I won't call an ambulance -- I'll call a vet. He'll fix me up with a couple ounces of that stuff and I may be able to cope with those harsh words o9f yours that you're forcing me to deal with.

Is the Guiness Book of World Records still around? Cause I think I just set a new high water mark for sarcasm. And I did it through all those tears.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

until vancouver does something in the playoffs no one will take them seriously. they came close in 94 but has been not making the playoffs or second round flops ever since. The canadian media is always nut hugging a canadian team. this year it is vancouver, before its been calgary or the sens. same old thing every year, same goes for the sharks as well. nucks have a shot just like anyone else but tsn guys calling them the team to beat with the very good but most overrated goalie of all time is puzzling.

The last few years it was Calgary and the "unstoppable" Iginla and Kipprusoff, but they have yet to advance past round 1 since 2004.

I'm not sure I can do that chief. Your post may haunt me the rest of my life. As a matter of fact, I'm on the verge of tears at this very moment. Hell, I may need an ambulance to take me to the hospital for a dose of IV Valium. Is Valium strong enough? I don't know. I may need a horse tranquilizer instead. Yeah, that's it. I won't call an ambulance -- I'll call a vet. He'll fix me up with a couple ounces of that stuff and I may be able to cope with those harsh words o9f yours that you're forcing me to deal with.

Is the Guiness Book of World Records still around? Cause I think I just set a new high water mark for sarcasm. And I did through all those tears.

You sure are exerting a lot of effort to prove that you don't care about my opinion. I almost believe you. Either that or you just enjoy reading your own responses. I'm leanin' that way.

You're right. Results are the only way to calm the critics.

But of course the Canadian media favours Canadian teams. Doesn't every country do that? I remember the 1992 and 1993 World Series with Toronto. The American media nearly had a collective stroke.

Either that or you just enjoy reading your own responses. I'm leanin' that way.

Well I do enjoying reading good material. Yours isn't bad either, but only as a catalyst.

You're right. Results are the only way to calm the critics.

But of course the Canadian media favours Canadian teams. Doesn't every country do that? I remember the 1992 and 1993 World Series with Toronto. The American media nearly had a collective stroke.

Well I do enjoying reading good material. Yours isn't bad either, but only as a catalyst.

I'm happy to be a catalyst to your homerism... you guys are like cute little wind up dolls.

I'm happy to be a catalyst to your homerism... you guys are like cute little wind up dolls.

Dude-- talk about a schoolyard bully.

And for the record, no, I don't think that the Canucks are the team to beat. In the west, with Chi Town's cap moves it's back to being Detroit. In he East, Pittsburgh with their moves make them the team to beat again. Boring, but that's how I see it.

I'm actually more of a wind-up puppy. As a matter of fact, if you don't say something a little more clever or interesting soon I'm going to go push a ball around the kitchen floor with my nose.

And for the record, no, I don't think that the Canucks are the team to beat. In the west, with Chi Town's cap moves it's back to being Detroit. In he East, Pittsburgh with their moves make them the team to beat again. Boring, but that's how I see it.

I don't even consider Detroit to be the team to beat at this point. It's way too early for that kind of prediction... which is exactly why Vancouver being proclaimed by anybody to be the team to beat is just stupid (which by default kinda makes anyone defending the notion a little questionable). And I think Luongo sucks. Whats the problem?

Edited by Broken 16

I don't see anyone in the West being favourites at this point. Depending on what happens the next few weeks any of the teams who won their quarter final series could contend, and maybe even a couple more like LA and PHX. Strange things happen when the season begins. Last year was proof of that.

What was the reaction around Canuck land after his comments following the loss to Chicago?

Take the "C" away from Luongo!!

I can't believe Ryan Kesler makes $5 million.

And Kesler is a STEAL at $5 Mil. If you don't agree with that, you don't know Kesler.

Take the "C" away from Luongo!!

And Kesler is a STEAL at $5 Mil. If you don't agree with that, you don't know Kesler.

The comment Luongo made about the 5 goals had nothing to do with people questioning whether he should be captain or not. Those questions arose out of his sub-par season in general.

As for Kesler's contract, you're on your own there bud. I don't think it's bad considering he's a good rival of Datsyuk and 6 years younger, but you won't find anyone here who will agree with you.

The comment Luongo made about the 5 goals had nothing to do with people questioning whether he should be captain or not. Those questions arose out of his sub-par season in general.

As for Kesler's contract, you're on your own there bud. I don't think it's bad considering he's a good rival of Datsyuk and 6 years younger, but you won't find anyone here who will agree with you.

It should have only confirmed the notion that Luongo never should have been made captain, which was nothing more than a ploy to entice him into staying in Vancouver.