• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RusDRW

Getflaf for Zetter

Rate this topic

Maybe I'm being a homer, because Z is my favorite NHL player period, but I'd rather keep Z. Getzlaf can be a force to be sure, but I think the way Z carries the puck, his shot and his defensive ability are too attractive and well-suited for the Red Wings' style of play. Getzlaf works well for Anaheim's style, and Z works well for Detroit's.

Guest PatKaneInHumane

A troll's perspective is always welcomed here at LGW :thumbup:

So you think just because I state the fact that this is all just theoretical I'm a troll? Does anyone actually think the op mentioned the trade with an actual intent on it happening?

Also, I love how I get massively negged just because I quoted some dumb ass who thinks that would be the worst trade ever. It may not be a great trade, heck it may make both teams worst, but as a fan who has seen both the Adam Oates, and Eric Lindos trade, this one does not nearly seem bad.

So you think just because I state the fact that this is all just theoretical I'm a troll? Does anyone actually think the op mentioned the trade with an actual intent on it happening?

Also, I love how I get massively negged just because I quoted some dumb ass who thinks that would be the worst trade ever. It may not be a great trade, heck it may make both teams worst, but as a fan who has seen both the Adam Oates, and Eric Lindos trade, this one does not nearly seem bad.

cool story bro.

This thread needs to die already....Its started to attract trolls with its stench.

Guest PatKaneInHumane

cool story bro.

This thread needs to die already....Its started to attract trolls with its stench.

Sorry I guess having your first post be an opinion that differs from what most people think on here isn't allowed. How dare I suggest trades have been made that would be worse then Getzlaf for Zetterberg.

cool story bro.

All he did was point out that it was hypothetical. Then made a joke about the poster not seeing many trades in the 80s (and he even included an emoticon). so compared to your post, exactly how is that trolling?

The Oates and Lindros trades were definitely a hell of a lot worse than this one would be.

Other than apparently being a fan of one of the biggest douchebags in hockey, I can't see how this guy did anything wrong. And LGW could use some fans from other teams, if they're sensible and respectful. That's been in short supply here.

Everyone gets their hackles up just because someone had a hypothetical question about trading Zetterberg, and an apparent Hawks fan commented on it? When did we get so insecure about this team we couldn't tolerate that?

As I said before, there's not a ton going on in hockey right now. What's the harm in a hypothetical trade thread that's not completely outlandish (because it's not, in terms of talent)?

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Also, I love how I get massively negged just because I quoted some dumb ass who thinks that would be the worst trade ever.

Dont get too worked up over these theoretical trades that will never happen. :rolleyes:

Edited by Original-Six

Guest PatKaneInHumane

Dont get too worked up over these theoretical trades that will never happen. :rolleyes:

How am I getting worked up? I just don't see how stating facts makes me a troll... unless you think that a Getzlaf for Zetterberg trade would be as bad as giving up Adam Oates for nothing. I'm done though, you clearly are only interested in throwing insults and accusations because someone disagrees with you, instead of actually discussing the matter at hand. Have fun acting like a brat the rest of your life.

How am I getting worked up? I just don't see how stating facts makes me a troll... unless you think that a Getzlaf for Zetterberg trade would be as bad as giving up Adam Oates for nothing. I'm done though, you clearly are only interested in throwing insults and accusations because someone disagrees with you, instead of actually discussing the matter at hand. Have fun acting like a brat the rest of your life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IU1bzZheWk

welcome to LGW its the norm around here :cool:

Also, I love how I get massively negged just because I quoted some dumb ass who thinks that would be the worst trade ever.

lol I'm not throwing around insults I'm just simply pointing out your hypocrisy. Have fun.

Edited by Original-Six

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

lol I'm not throwing around insults I'm just simply pointing out your hypocrisy. Have fun.

Hate to butt in here but... doesn't someone claiming a Zetterberg-Getzlaf the worst ever trade deserved to be called a dumbass? To me that is not hypocrisy, but rather calling a spade a spade after being attacked.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hate to butt in here but... doesn't someone claiming a Zetterberg-Getzlaf the worst ever trade deserved to be called a dumbass? To me that is not hypocrisy, but rather calling a spade a spade after being attacked.

huh? its a terrible trade idea, it doesnt make our team any better. i never said it would be one of the worst trades ever.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

huh? its a terrible trade idea, it doesnt make our team any better. i never said it would be one of the worst trades ever.

You said it would have been one of the worst trade ideas you've ever seen. You do know what worst means right? Worst basically means bad to the highest degree. To say it would be one of the worst trade ideas ever means to me that it would be within the top few worst trades ever on this board, when it is cleary not even close to it. The idoicy of this board has proven again and again to be far above that of a potential swap of near equal players.

Sorry but you're wrong, and so are all the people who will neg me for this. Take your homer and anti-hawks glasses off and realize how much of douchebags you guys are sounding like. The guy had an opinion, and it wasn't even agaisnt the wings, he simply said worse trades had been made and suggested. Are you seriously that delusional to think he is wrong in this? He was not instigating anything, for f*** sakes he even added a smiley face. Suddenly everyone attacks him for no reason, and then quotes his response post in which he called

you (and deservedly so in my mind), a dumbass. That is not "hypocrisy" that is defending yourself. But feel free LGW to mass neg me instead of replying in a civilized and actually intelligent matter. It's absoloutly hilarious how people think that an anymous rating system somehow makes someone wrong.

I made this thread two times. The previous one got no discussion at all except for "Zetter should stay" answers. Now, I see a lot of "Zetter is better", "Getz is carrying them", etc. What happended? Did you change your mind after Olympics? Are you dissapointed with Zetter performance this year?

PS Personally, I would trade any player in our roster for Getslaf. I would even add if they ask. He is THAT good.

Edited by RusDRW

You said it would have been one of the worst trade ideas you've ever seen. You do know what worst means right? Worst basically means bad to the highest degree. To say it would be one of the worst trade ideas ever means to me that it would be within the top few worst trades ever on this board, when it is cleary not even close to it. The idoicy of this board has proven again and again to be far above that of a potential swap of near equal players.

Sorry but you're wrong, and so are all the people who will neg me for this. Take your homer and anti-hawks glasses off and realize how much of douchebags you guys are sounding like. The guy had an opinion, and it wasn't even agaisnt the wings, he simply said worse trades had been made and suggested. Are you seriously that delusional to think he is wrong in this? He was not instigating anything, for f*** sakes he even added a smiley face. Suddenly everyone attacks him for no reason, and then quotes his response post in which he called

you (and deservedly so in my mind), a dumbass. That is not "hypocrisy" that is defending yourself. But feel free LGW to mass neg me instead of replying in a civilized and actually intelligent matter. It's absoloutly hilarious how people think that an anymous rating system somehow makes someone wrong.

i didnt say it would be one of the worst trade ideas, i said it is. the keyword is "idea". most people come up with random ideas that trade our scrubs for other teams superstars or whatever but not many come up with ones that make the team worse. not sure why you're so worked up over this?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

i didnt say it would be one of the worst trade ideas, i said it is. the keyword is "idea". most people come up with random ideas that trade our scrubs for other teams superstars or whatever but not many come up with ones that make the team worse. not sure why you're so worked up over this?

You completely missed the point. I wasn't so mad at the stupid asserstion as I was the fact that that guy just got attacked for no other reason then having a differnet view then other people. You're defending points I never attacked. Since you like to put words in my mouth however, I will now point out two things wrong in your post.

1st Bolded Part: Lie. You said it would be "ONE OF the worst trade ideas you've ever seen".

2nd Bolded Part: If you honestly belive this, you are extremly unaware of some of the ridiculous trade requests here. Getzlaf for Zetterbeg may in fact make both teams worse, but it is nowhere near close to the stupidest trade idea posted here. This is not a subjective matter. We've had people make claims that Oltez for Datsyuk would be a good trade. This is undeniably a worse purposed trade then the one mentioned in this thread.

In short, I suggest you actually comprehend what I'm saying before you try to defend yourself agaisnt things I never said, and end up making a fool of yourself again. Re-read the posts if you must, my issue was never really with you (I just said the other poster was justified with calling you a dumbass) but rather how that guy was getting treated by the internet tough guys.

Don't bother replying, as I really don't want to explain things that have been clearly explained by both me and Harold again, only to have you needleslly and poorly defend yourself, and deny saying things you clearly did.

No.

1) Zetterberg is better now and with a limited time of elite Lidstrom left I want to win now.

2) Zetterberg is a living breathing testament to the Wings system - drafted late; became a humble, hard-working star and two-way force. Every prospect drafted, no matter how late, only has to look at Z to know the sky is the limit w/ hard work and believing in the system.

3) Zetterberg is signed for life to a very good cap hit. Getzlaf is not.

4) Zetterberg is not a ******.

Getzlaf is Forsberg-lite and Zetterberg is Sakic-lite.

Getzlaf is Forsberg-lite and Zetterberg is Sakic-lite.

Good comparison. Forsberg was much better than Sakic in his prime. Practically, he was much better than anyone in this league at that time, except for, parhaps, Jagr.

Good comparison. Forsberg was much better than Sakic in his prime. Practically, he was much better than anyone in this league at that time, except for, parhaps, Jagr.

And both were pretty one-dimensional. Zetter > Getzlaf, though Getzlaf can be a force at times. I remember that playoff series against Anaheim, it was basically Getzlaf vs. the Wings.