• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RusDRW

Getflaf for Zetter

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I'm sure they will never trade Getz for Zet alone. That's my opinion. And it basically says that Gets is better than any player in our roster. Are you in favor of this trade? No? Why? Should we add?

Umm... no... Datsyuk and Zetterberg are better players than Getzlaf. Why would Anaheim's theoretical unwillingness to trade Getzlaf for any player on our roster establish him as better than all of them?

And no, I wouldn't trade Zetterberg for Getzlaf. Zetterberg is a great player and the future captain of the team.

Getzlaf had a much better year than Hank and is a younger player with more potential.

Hank is 30 years old and it's doubtful that he hasn't hit his peak already. Hank is better defensively, but Getzlaf is more physical and will only improve defensively. Zetterberg has a tendency now to disappear for stretches at a time.

I know people here are biased, but Getzlaf was a better player last year than Zetterberg, and even though Hank has had great seasons in the past, we have to go by the most recent outing and also realize that Getzlaf hasn't hit his prime yet.

With that said, I'd keep Hank, because I don't like Getzlaf and wouldn't want to see us trade our future captain away. But as far as who the better player is right now, I say it's Getzlaf, and I don't care if every dumb slappy here negs me for actually being objective.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Um...no?

Zetterberg is the better player, and trading him before he starts to decline (and probably even after that) would put a black mark on this franchise in relation to loyalty that would take decades to recover from.

This loyalty stuff is Hocum, hockey is a business... loyalty is why we have Draper still and may eat another year of Maltby two guys well past their best before dates.

Hank has intangibles that Getz can never have. Zetterberg shuts down other teams forwards like no one else in the game, (besides Datsyuk)and still finds a way to score during the playoffs, I don't give a rats ass who has more goals in the regular season, it's the playoffs where I judge the Wings. Let the Ducks chase regular season stats.

On your second comment, Nick Lidstrom is still a top five defenseman in the league at 40, and top five of all time, to suggest that Getz is on his best day a top fifteen, maybe a top ten forward in this league to suggest that he is better than any one player on our entire roster is just plain stupid.

This is Independance Day not April Fools Day... if you weren't confused about the day, perhaps it's the site, you might find this one more to your liking: A better site for you...

Hank has intangibles that Getz can never have. Zetterberg shuts down other teams forwards like no one else in the game, (besides Datsyuk)and still finds a way to score during the playoffs, I don't give a rats ass who has more goals in the regular season, it's the playoffs where I judge the Wings. Let the Ducks chase regular season stats.

On your second comment, Nick Lidstrom is still a top five defenseman in the league at 40, and top five of all time, to suggest that Getz is on his best day a top fifteen, maybe a top ten forward in this league to suggest that he is better than any one player on our entire roster is just plain stupid.

This is Independance Day not April Fools Day... if you weren't confused about the day, perhaps it's the site, you might find this one more to your liking: A better site for you...

Getzlaf is one of the 10 or 15 best forwards in the league.

And he's always been great in the playoffs. He owned us in the playoffs two years ago if you haven't forgotten already. And he's won as many Cups as Zetterberg has.

It's O.K. to like Zetterberg, but your post made it sound like Getzlaf is slightly better than Dan Cleary. That's the kind of homer bias that's getting annoying around here.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest Crymson

This loyalty stuff is Hocum, hockey is a business... loyalty is why we have Draper still and may eat another year of Maltby two guys well past their best before dates.

Hah, yeah, because the loyalty this organization shows to its players is NEVER reciprocated, NEVER makes other players want to play in Detroit, and, in general, NEVER pays this organization any dividends. Oh, wait... you're wrong.

Yes, the loyalty has its downsides, namely that some longtime players get contracts they may not deserve. However, you're completely oblivious to every intangible if you think that it doesn't have far more upsides than downsides.

It's O.K. to like Zetterberg, but your post made it sound like Getzlaf is slightly better than Dan Cleary. That's the kind of homer bias that's getting annoying around here.

Excellent discussion strategy, bud! "YOU'RE WRONG! HE IS ONE OF THE BEST! THAT IS FINAL! YOU ARE A HOMER IF YOU DO NOT AGREE!"

Big and wonderful. Have at it, you!

And he's always been great in the playoffs. He owned us in the playoffs two years ago if you haven't forgotten already. And he's won as many Cups as Zetterberg has.

No you interpreted my statement that way. Getz is a great player and a top 15, 10 on his best day but...in my opinion he isn't even on the same level as Z or Dats for that matter. Z and Dats will never win Harts or Rockets, thats not the Wings system. It's not homerism, its called watching hockey and judging the player by more than just their stats column on NHL.com, maybe you do that and you have a different view thats fine, but based on those areas of the game that are subject to interpretation that form the basis of my opinion.

Edited by Booster313

Hah, yeah, because the loyalty this organization shows to its players is NEVER reciprocated, NEVER makes other players want to play in Detroit, and, in general, NEVER pays this organization any dividends. Oh, wait... you're wrong.

Yes, the loyalty has its downsides, namely that some longtime players get contracts they may not deserve. However, you're completely oblivious to every intangible if you think that it doesn't have far more upsides than downsides.

Excellent discussion strategy, bud! "YOU'RE WRONG! HE IS ONE OF THE BEST! THAT IS FINAL! YOU ARE A HOMER IF YOU DO NOT AGREE!"

Big and wonderful. Have at it, you!

I've already explained above why I think Getzlaf is a great player. You should have read that before overreacting like a baby. Grow up already King Crymson.

No you interpreted my statement that way. Getz is a great player and a top 15, 10 on his best day but...in my opinion he isn't even on the same level as Z or Dats for that matter. Z and Dats will never win Harts or Rockets, thats not the Wings system. It's not homerism, its called watching hockey and judging the player by more than just their stats column on NHL.com, maybe you do that and you have a different view thats fine, but based on those areas of the game that are subject to interpretation that form the basis of my opinion.

You're right when you say stats aren't everything, and we do have a different system, but I just think Getzlaf would dominate no matter what system he was playing in. He's got plenty of intangibles himself. He's not just some scorer who can't do anything else.

46 goals in 97 playoff games. end of discussion.

And Getzlaf is apparently Alexei Yashin in the playoffs?

He's been a great playoff performer himself, even though he hasn't played as many games as Hank.

Jeez are we talking about the same guy, or is this some guy named Getflaf, like the OP wrote? I don't like him either, but let's not make it sound like he sucks or something. I'm guessing most teams in the league would take him over Hank. That's just my opinion, but I'm sticking to it.

Nice speech, care to add some substance to that rhetoric? Or are you going to stick to broad assertions that are meaningless to anyone besides you?

Guest Crymson

Nice speech, care to add some substance to that rhetoric? Or are you going to stick to broad assertions that are meaningless to anyone besides you?

I'm 100% positive that there are a crowd of people on these forums who would agree with my assertions on this matter.