• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RusDRW

Getflaf for Zetter

Rate this topic

So who is this Getflaf character? Related to Getzlaf, maybe a cousin?

No, you get flaf if you suggest trading anyone for Zetter.

We don't know exactly what flaf is, but anyone who would trade away our future captain deserves whatever flaf is. Personally, I think it's kind of like soupy cotton candy that tastes like motor oil. On a stick.

Getzlaf is a great player, and has a great future if he keeps going on like he is, but Zata is a piece of our puzzle that can't be traded away at this point- and hopefully never will.

No.

1) Zetterberg is better now and with a limited time of elite Lidstrom left I want to win now.

2) Zetterberg is a living breathing testament to the Wings system - drafted late; became a humble, hard-working star and two-way force. Every prospect drafted, no matter how late, only has to look at Z to know the sky is the limit w/ hard work and believing in the system.

3) Zetterberg is signed for life to a very good cap hit. Getzlaf is not.

4) Zetterberg is not a ******.

Getzlaf is Forsberg-lite and Zetterberg is Sakic-lite.

I concur. I admit I'm a homer and wear Wing-colored glasses, but I just don't see how trading a valuable piece of the future of the team is a smart move. It would be comparable to the Blackhawks trading Toews away or something.

I concur. I admit I'm a homer and wear Wing-colored glasses, but I just don't see how trading a valuable piece of the future of the team is a smart move. It would be comparable to the Blackhawks trading Toews away or something.

I agree that trading right now would be dumb but lets look at this differently for a second. If you were an expansion team and had the ability to draft either Getzlaf or Z to build your team around for the future and for now, who do you take?

I honestly think I take Getzlaf in that situation, he's young, physical and doesn't really have the injury past like Z does. He's more of a guy to build around if you don't have a good team but Z is more of a player you would take for sure in a win now situation like Detroit is in.

Guest Crymson

Getzlaf is Forsberg-lite and Zetterberg is Sakic-lite.

I've gotta disagree with you there. Zetterberg's production is comparable to Getzlaf's, and he is far better defensively.

And both were pretty one-dimensional. Zetter > Getzlaf, though Getzlaf can be a force at times. I remember that playoff series against Anaheim, it was basically Getzlaf vs. the Wings.

Yes, because most of the Ducks were shut down, and thus Getzlaf was producing more in the relative sense.

Yes, because most of the Ducks were shut down, and thus Getzlaf was producing more in the relative sense.

Wow! Seems like you didn't watch that series. The only reason Wings won is because we had 3 lines producing and it neglected outstanding performance of the first Duck line. Cleary and Helm won that series for us. Our first line with Dats was outplayed BADLY... and yes I hate that.

Guest Crymson

Wow! Seems like you didn't watch that series. The only reason Wings won is because we had 3 lines producing and it neglected outstanding performance of the first Duck line. Cleary and Helm won that series for us. Our first line with Dats was outplayed BADLY... and yes I hate that.

I watched the entire series, and I was present for game two. Yes, our first line was outplayed. Datsyuk struggled through those playoffs.

Nevermind. Although I don't remember Getzlaf being so dominant though.

Edited by titanium2

I watched the entire series, and I was present for game two. Yes, our first line was outplayed. Datsyuk struggled through those playoffs.

Dats struggled against Getzlaf not in the play-offs... However, if you were there in attendance for game two then you must know better...

Nevermind. Although I don't remember Getzlaf being so dominant though.

Just read through some topics here dated back to 2008. We were ******* afraid of him. Then, you'll see why Getz with flue is better than Zetter+Dats without.

I agree that trading right now would be dumb but lets look at this differently for a second. If you were an expansion team and had the ability to draft either Getzlaf or Z to build your team around for the future and for now, who do you take?

I honestly think I take Getzlaf in that situation, he's young, physical and doesn't really have the injury past like Z does. He's more of a guy to build around if you don't have a good team but Z is more of a player you would take for sure in a win now situation like Detroit is in.

Zetterberg mucks it out in the corners and goes wherever he needs to go to score. That's why he is so good in the playoffs.

He also hasn't played less than 60 games in a single season. The last time he played less than 70 was in 2006-2007.

Youth is the only thing Getzlaf has which is what would be the key in building a team, but at the same time would Getzlaf be disciplined enough to be a two way player and shut down a guy like Crosby in the most important time of the year?

Dats struggled against Getzlaf not in the play-offs... However, if you were there in attendance for game two then you must know better...

Just read through some topics here dated back to 2008. We were ******* afraid of him. Then, you'll see why Getz with flue is better than Zetter+Dats without.

The line he played on was frightening, not Gezlaf by himself.

Edited by Doc Holliday

I've gotta disagree with you there. Zetterberg's production is comparable to Getzlaf's, and he is far better defensively.

Sakic's production was similar to Forsberg's, with Sakic being the better goal scorer and Forsberg the more physical playmaker, and Sakic was better defensively.

Sakic also had a Conn Smythe and was a better leader.

I see a lot of similarities.

Guest Crymson

Umm... news: Ducks fans were afraid of Zetterberg and Datsyuk. We're not afraid of them because they're on our team. That we were concerned about him doesn't make him better than the two of them.

Look, you shared your opinion in your first post. You asked people a question. They gave you their opinions. Stop trying to act as if those people are wrong about their opinions.

Sakic's production was similar to Forsberg's, with Sakic being the better goal scorer and Forsberg the more physical playmaker, and Sakic was better defensively.

Sakic also had a Conn Smythe and was a better leader.

I see a lot of similarities.

When he was healthy, Forsberg was unstoppable to a degree in excess of Sakic.

I do agree with your comparisons about scorer vs playmaker, as well as your comparison of leadership potential.

Edited by Crymson

When he was healthy, Forsberg was unstoppable to a degree in excess of Sakic.

I do agree with your comparisons about scorer vs playmaker, as well as your comparison of leadership potential.

IMO both Getzlaf and Forsberg are more dynamic players, while Zetterberg and Sakic are better all-around.

Look, you shared your opinion in your first post. You asked people a question. They gave you their opinions. Stop trying to act as if those people are wrong about their opinions.

that's good point, I agree. (Still like him to death :) and looks like Babs is on my side :))

The line he played on was frightening, not Gezlaf by himself.

This is really important. Gats didn't play in game 4 due to flue... Remeber result? 6:3. Then he is back and we look bad. Who is the major reason for that? His line of Perry and Selanne (sometimes Ebbet or Ryan) or Getzlaf himself? Getzlaf was playing againgt the Red Wings and he lost.

PS Don't get me wrong I love to death our centers, Zetter and Dats... There are no players in this league I would trade any of them (yeas, Crosby included).... except for R. Getzlaf.

PPS A guy who CAN TAKE OVER THE GAME? And there is only one in this league now.

Edited by RusDRW

Guest Crymson

This is really important. Gats didn't play in game 4 due to flue... Remeber result? 6:3. Then he is back and we look bad. Who is the major reason for that? His line of Perry and Selanne (sometimes Ebbet or Ryan) or Getzlaf himself? Getzlaf was playing againgt the Red Wings and he lost.

If you have a line with your two best pure scorers and your best playmaker and you then remove the playmaker, the snipers will really have a lot more difficulty in scoring. It's basic logic.

PS Don't get me wrong I love to death our centers, Zetter and Dats... There are no players in this league I would trade any of them (yeas, Crosby included).... except for R. Getzlaf.

Great. You're very much entitled to your own opinion. Also important is the awareness and acceptance of the fact that others may not agree with it.

And who is that? It's not Getzlaf, right?

You are using poor logic to assume that Getzlaf was the only reason the line was doing well. The entire line as a whole was dominant. Without Getzlaf they faltered, and likely without Perry or Ryan they also would have faltered.

Also if you would take Ryan Getzlaf over Sidney "I score 100 points every year and am in the top 5 in playoff ppg" Crosby then you have an issue. Hate him or not Crosby is arguably the best player in the league right now.

Umm... news: Ducks fans were afraid of Zetterberg and Datsyuk. We're not afraid of them because they're on our team. That we were concerned about him doesn't make him better than the two of them.

That sentence coming from you is pretty ******* hilarious.

Guest Crymson

That sentence coming from you is pretty ******* hilarious.

Ow. You're hurting me so badly, baby.

I think the whole thing to me depends on what my teams status is. Am I a team that has no chance at the cup and is in a rebuilding mode? If so I may make the trade for the younger player. If my team is one that has a chance at the cup no way I make the trade and that is the position the Wings are in. Why would I trade a player who is a great shut down defensive forward who scores in the playoffs for a player in Getzlaf who takes stupid penalties is good but not great defensively but might score a little more?!?!

You are using poor logic to assume that Getzlaf was the only reason the line was doing well. The entire line as a whole was dominant. Without Getzlaf they faltered, and likely without Perry or Ryan they also would have faltered.

Also if you would take Ryan Getzlaf over Sidney "I score 100 points every year and am in the top 5 in playoff ppg" Crosby then you have an issue. Hate him or not Crosby is arguably the best player in the league right now.

I agree about the Crosby thing but the Getzlaf thing, not so much.

If ou watched that series you would know Getzlaf was completely the driving force behind the Ducks and noone else was even close to on his level.