• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#121 teebo

teebo

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:43 AM

You said it would have been one of the worst trade ideas you've ever seen. You do know what worst means right? Worst basically means bad to the highest degree. To say it would be one of the worst trade ideas ever means to me that it would be within the top few worst trades ever on this board, when it is cleary not even close to it. The idoicy of this board has proven again and again to be far above that of a potential swap of near equal players.

Sorry but you're wrong, and so are all the people who will neg me for this. Take your homer and anti-hawks glasses off and realize how much of douchebags you guys are sounding like. The guy had an opinion, and it wasn't even agaisnt the wings, he simply said worse trades had been made and suggested. Are you seriously that delusional to think he is wrong in this? He was not instigating anything, for f*** sakes he even added a smiley face. Suddenly everyone attacks him for no reason, and then quotes his response post in which he called
you (and deservedly so in my mind), a dumbass. That is not "hypocrisy" that is defending yourself. But feel free LGW to mass neg me instead of replying in a civilized and actually intelligent matter. It's absoloutly hilarious how people think that an anymous rating system somehow makes someone wrong.

i didnt say it would be one of the worst trade ideas, i said it is. the keyword is "idea". most people come up with random ideas that trade our scrubs for other teams superstars or whatever but not many come up with ones that make the team worse. not sure why you're so worked up over this?

#122 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

i didnt say it would be one of the worst trade ideas, i said it is. the keyword is "idea". most people come up with random ideas that trade our scrubs for other teams superstars or whatever but not many come up with ones that make the team worse. not sure why you're so worked up over this?

You completely missed the point. I wasn't so mad at the stupid asserstion as I was the fact that that guy just got attacked for no other reason then having a differnet view then other people. You're defending points I never attacked. Since you like to put words in my mouth however, I will now point out two things wrong in your post.

1st Bolded Part: Lie. You said it would be "ONE OF the worst trade ideas you've ever seen".

2nd Bolded Part: If you honestly belive this, you are extremly unaware of some of the ridiculous trade requests here. Getzlaf for Zetterbeg may in fact make both teams worse, but it is nowhere near close to the stupidest trade idea posted here. This is not a subjective matter. We've had people make claims that Oltez for Datsyuk would be a good trade. This is undeniably a worse purposed trade then the one mentioned in this thread.

In short, I suggest you actually comprehend what I'm saying before you try to defend yourself agaisnt things I never said, and end up making a fool of yourself again. Re-read the posts if you must, my issue was never really with you (I just said the other poster was justified with calling you a dumbass) but rather how that guy was getting treated by the internet tough guys.

Don't bother replying, as I really don't want to explain things that have been clearly explained by both me and Harold again, only to have you needleslly and poorly defend yourself, and deny saying things you clearly did.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, 08 July 2010 - 05:21 PM.

Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#123 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:15 AM

No.

1) Zetterberg is better now and with a limited time of elite Lidstrom left I want to win now.

2) Zetterberg is a living breathing testament to the Wings system - drafted late; became a humble, hard-working star and two-way force. Every prospect drafted, no matter how late, only has to look at Z to know the sky is the limit w/ hard work and believing in the system.

3) Zetterberg is signed for life to a very good cap hit. Getzlaf is not.

4) Zetterberg is not a ******.

Getzlaf is Forsberg-lite and Zetterberg is Sakic-lite.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#124 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:04 AM

Good comparison. Forsberg was much better than Sakic in his prime. Practically, he was much better than anyone in this league at that time, except for, parhaps, Jagr.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#125 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,559 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:44 AM

Good comparison. Forsberg was much better than Sakic in his prime. Practically, he was much better than anyone in this league at that time, except for, parhaps, Jagr.

And both were pretty one-dimensional. Zetter > Getzlaf, though Getzlaf can be a force at times. I remember that playoff series against Anaheim, it was basically Getzlaf vs. the Wings.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#126 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 766 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:47 AM

I would say...

f*** that,

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#127 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 01:18 PM

So who is this Getflaf character? Related to Getzlaf, maybe a cousin?
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#128 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,917 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:18 PM

So who is this Getflaf character? Related to Getzlaf, maybe a cousin?

No, you get flaf if you suggest trading anyone for Zetter.

We don't know exactly what flaf is, but anyone who would trade away our future captain deserves whatever flaf is. Personally, I think it's kind of like soupy cotton candy that tastes like motor oil. On a stick.

Getzlaf is a great player, and has a great future if he keeps going on like he is, but Zata is a piece of our puzzle that can't be traded away at this point- and hopefully never will.

#129 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

No.

1) Zetterberg is better now and with a limited time of elite Lidstrom left I want to win now.

2) Zetterberg is a living breathing testament to the Wings system - drafted late; became a humble, hard-working star and two-way force. Every prospect drafted, no matter how late, only has to look at Z to know the sky is the limit w/ hard work and believing in the system.

3) Zetterberg is signed for life to a very good cap hit. Getzlaf is not.

4) Zetterberg is not a ******.

I concur. I admit I'm a homer and wear Wing-colored glasses, but I just don't see how trading a valuable piece of the future of the team is a smart move. It would be comparable to the Blackhawks trading Toews away or something.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#130 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

I concur. I admit I'm a homer and wear Wing-colored glasses, but I just don't see how trading a valuable piece of the future of the team is a smart move. It would be comparable to the Blackhawks trading Toews away or something.

I agree that trading right now would be dumb but lets look at this differently for a second. If you were an expansion team and had the ability to draft either Getzlaf or Z to build your team around for the future and for now, who do you take?

I honestly think I take Getzlaf in that situation, he's young, physical and doesn't really have the injury past like Z does. He's more of a guy to build around if you don't have a good team but Z is more of a player you would take for sure in a win now situation like Detroit is in.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#131 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

I've gotta disagree with you there. Zetterberg's production is comparable to Getzlaf's, and he is far better defensively.

And both were pretty one-dimensional. Zetter > Getzlaf, though Getzlaf can be a force at times. I remember that playoff series against Anaheim, it was basically Getzlaf vs. the Wings.

Yes, because most of the Ducks were shut down, and thus Getzlaf was producing more in the relative sense.

#132 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:17 PM

Yes, because most of the Ducks were shut down, and thus Getzlaf was producing more in the relative sense.

Wow! Seems like you didn't watch that series. The only reason Wings won is because we had 3 lines producing and it neglected outstanding performance of the first Duck line. Cleary and Helm won that series for us. Our first line with Dats was outplayed BADLY... and yes I hate that.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#133 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

Wow! Seems like you didn't watch that series. The only reason Wings won is because we had 3 lines producing and it neglected outstanding performance of the first Duck line. Cleary and Helm won that series for us. Our first line with Dats was outplayed BADLY... and yes I hate that.

I watched the entire series, and I was present for game two. Yes, our first line was outplayed. Datsyuk struggled through those playoffs.

#134 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

Nevermind. Although I don't remember Getzlaf being so dominant though.

Edited by titanium2, 10 July 2010 - 07:20 PM.

#135 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:27 PM

I watched the entire series, and I was present for game two. Yes, our first line was outplayed. Datsyuk struggled through those playoffs.

Dats struggled against Getzlaf not in the play-offs... However, if you were there in attendance for game two then you must know better...

Nevermind. Although I don't remember Getzlaf being so dominant though.

Just read through some topics here dated back to 2008. We weref****** afraid of him. Then, you'll see why Getz with flue is better than Zetter+Dats without.

© mikah

#136 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:33 PM

I agree that trading right now would be dumb but lets look at this differently for a second. If you were an expansion team and had the ability to draft either Getzlaf or Z to build your team around for the future and for now, who do you take?

I honestly think I take Getzlaf in that situation, he's young, physical and doesn't really have the injury past like Z does. He's more of a guy to build around if you don't have a good team but Z is more of a player you would take for sure in a win now situation like Detroit is in.

Zetterberg mucks it out in the corners and goes wherever he needs to go to score. That's why he is so good in the playoffs.

He also hasn't played less than 60 games in a single season. The last time he played less than 70 was in 2006-2007.

Youth is the only thing Getzlaf has which is what would be the key in building a team, but at the same time would Getzlaf be disciplined enough to be a two way player and shut down a guy like Crosby in the most important time of the year?

Dats struggled against Getzlaf not in the play-offs... However, if you were there in attendance for game two then you must know better...

Just read through some topics here dated back to 2008. We weref****** afraid of him. Then, you'll see why Getz with flue is better than Zetter+Dats without.

The line he played on was frightening, not Gezlaf by himself.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 10 July 2010 - 07:34 PM.

Posted Image

#137 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

I've gotta disagree with you there. Zetterberg's production is comparable to Getzlaf's, and he is far better defensively.

Sakic's production was similar to Forsberg's, with Sakic being the better goal scorer and Forsberg the more physical playmaker, and Sakic was better defensively.

Sakic also had a Conn Smythe and was a better leader.
I see a lot of similarities.

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#138 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

Umm... news: Ducks fans were afraid of Zetterberg and Datsyuk. We're not afraid of them because they're on our team. That we were concerned about him doesn't make him better than the two of them.

Look, you shared your opinion in your first post. You asked people a question. They gave you their opinions. Stop trying to act as if those people are wrong about their opinions.

Sakic's production was similar to Forsberg's, with Sakic being the better goal scorer and Forsberg the more physical playmaker, and Sakic was better defensively.

Sakic also had a Conn Smythe and was a better leader.
I see a lot of similarities.

When he was healthy, Forsberg was unstoppable to a degree in excess of Sakic.

I do agree with your comparisons about scorer vs playmaker, as well as your comparison of leadership potential.

Edited by Crymson, 10 July 2010 - 08:09 PM.

#139 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:16 PM

When he was healthy, Forsberg was unstoppable to a degree in excess of Sakic.

I do agree with your comparisons about scorer vs playmaker, as well as your comparison of leadership potential.

IMO both Getzlaf and Forsberg are more dynamic players, while Zetterberg and Sakic are better all-around.

#140 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:26 PM

Look, you shared your opinion in your first post. You asked people a question. They gave you their opinions. Stop trying to act as if those people are wrong about their opinions.

that's good point, I agree. (Still like him to death :) and looks like Babs is on my side :))

© mikah