• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:26 PM

next year we have Lidstrom and draper most likely retiring so that means next summer we should be going into free agency with at least 7.5, or if ozzy retires then about 9 million in potential cap space going into free agency.

in 2 years we may be having homer bert and raffi retiring for a total of about 9.5 million in potential cap space.

what relistic players are becoming ufa's in the coming years that you would like to see in detroit? discuss

#2 Winged_Wheeler

Winged_Wheeler

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

Brad Richards or Ilya Bryzgalov

#3 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:40 PM

Still would love Lids back if skill level doesn't fall to much, but yes we will need to revamp our defense!
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#4 Winged_Wheeler

Winged_Wheeler

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:41 PM

Still would love Lids back if skill level doesn't fall to much, but yes we will need to revamp our defense!

Chara?

#5 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:41 PM

next year we have Lidstrom and draper most likely retiring so that means next summer we should be going into free agency with at least 7.5, or if ozzy retires then about 9 million in potential cap space going into free agency.

in 2 years we may be having homer bert and raffi retiring for a total of about 9.5 million in potential cap space.

what relistic players are becoming ufa's in the coming years that you would like to see in detroit? discuss

Knowing Kenny, a 3rd liner with some jam, plus a stay at home defenceman. LOL

Edited by mackel, 05 July 2010 - 01:42 PM.

#6 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

In heaven, everything is fine.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:42 PM

Chara?

Woot!

#7 Winged_Wheeler

Winged_Wheeler

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:49 PM

Knowing Kenny, a 3rd liner with some jam, plus a stay at home defenceman. LOL

Always seems to work though.

#8 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:56 PM

We likely won't need to sign any additional forwards (without a trade) next year. Mursak, Tatar, and possibly I. Flip may be ready to make the jump to the Wings full-time.

#9 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:57 PM

D in 2011 UFA just to name a few

Chara
Jovanovski
Markov
Hannan
Erhoff
Pitkanen

RFA is STACKED.....Id pay the price of draft picks for the bolded guys for sure if Lidstrom retires......but i highly doubt there teams let them go, hopefully CHI is still in cap trouble

Weber
Seabrook
Doughty

Schenn
Bogosian
Yandle
Polak

Forwards

Gagne(if he can stay healthy this year maybe)
David Backes could be solid, right handed shot

#10 Reilly

Reilly

Winning debates all across LGW.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:59 PM

Hopefully it won't be that bad.

Building your team through free agency is never a good idea.

#11 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:03 PM

Chara?

Assuming he even makes it to free agency. I doubt he will.

#12 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

Chirelli and Chara met today for the 2nd time to talk about a ext. Chirelli said there going to talk again soon.

I dont think its going to be bad, well losing Lids is going to be but 100% Holland has to go out and bring someone in to fill his spot.....well i sure hope he does anyway

#13 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:17 PM

Just keep in mind that we're going to have to sign Howard next off-season too. I wonder how much he'll command if he has a similar season this year.

#14 XFace619

XFace619

Draftee

• 14 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:21 PM

I would really like to get Jack Johnson but I have no idea what his current contract looks like

#15 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:26 PM

jack johnson has a 1.65mill cap hit, i heard Kings want to move him though because they said they wont be able to sign both Doughty and Johnson so they dont want to lose him for less then they can get in a trade

#16 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:54 PM

Well I for one am not too excited to see 2012 to come.

Stuart, Rafalski and Kronwall will be UFA (not to mention Holmstrom, Hudler and Bertuzzi). And Howard, if plays well this season, is due for a nice raise come 2011.

This will be a different looking team come 2012/13.

#17 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

Losing Lidstrom will be tough. Chara would be a good fit for 3-4 years, as while his is no Lidstrom, he is still an undisputed #1 Defensemen capable of a few more solid years. Not a long term solution obviously, but I have faith in our young defensive core and minor league depth. With that being said, I am very very upset the Kings weren't able to get Kovalchuck. If they did, Drew Doughty could have been a very real possibility.

Stuart, Rafalski and Kronwall will be UFA (not to mention Holmstrom, Hudler and Bertuzzi). And Howard, if plays well this season, is due for a nice raise come 2011.

We won't have to worry about re-signing Rafalski, Holmstrom or Bertuzzi though. Well maybe Rafalski, but if anything he would sign far lower then what he is getting paid now. Kronwall won't get anything more then 5 if that due to his injuries (barring a few monster seasons), and Stuart would most probably get the same or less then the 3.75 he is making now. Also, with the way the Canadian dollar is doing, Inflation, and the World Economy, I would be astonished if the Cap is not up to at the very least 62 million by then.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, 05 July 2010 - 03:14 PM.

Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#18 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:03 PM

Homer and Bert will probably retire, and if Rafalski doesn't he sure won't be a six million dollar man anymore. There will be a lot of money coming off the books in the next couple years. Although Lidstrom is irreplaceable there's still a lot of exciting moves that may be made.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#19 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:03 PM

who is our last big free agent acquisition? Rafalski? any others since the cap?

Edited by jeff48109, 05 July 2010 - 03:04 PM.

#20 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:07 PM

who is our last big free agent acquisition? Rafalski? any others since the cap?

Some guy, can't remember his name, Hofstra, Sosa, Hoffa? It's on the tip of my tongue. :P
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock