• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings1110

the wings may be big free agency players

Rate this topic

next year we have Lidstrom and draper most likely retiring so that means next summer we should be going into free agency with at least 7.5, or if ozzy retires then about 9 million in potential cap space going into free agency.

in 2 years we may be having homer bert and raffi retiring for a total of about 9.5 million in potential cap space.

what relistic players are becoming ufa's in the coming years that you would like to see in detroit? discuss

next year we have Lidstrom and draper most likely retiring so that means next summer we should be going into free agency with at least 7.5, or if ozzy retires then about 9 million in potential cap space going into free agency.

in 2 years we may be having homer bert and raffi retiring for a total of about 9.5 million in potential cap space.

what relistic players are becoming ufa's in the coming years that you would like to see in detroit? discuss

Knowing Kenny, a 3rd liner with some jam, plus a stay at home defenceman. LOL

Edited by mackel

D in 2011 UFA just to name a few

Chara

Jovanovski

Markov

Hannan

Erhoff

Pitkanen

RFA is STACKED.....Id pay the price of draft picks for the bolded guys for sure if Lidstrom retires......but i highly doubt there teams let them go, hopefully CHI is still in cap trouble

Weber

Seabrook

Doughty

Schenn

Bogosian

Yandle

Polak

Forwards

Gagne(if he can stay healthy this year maybe)

David Backes could be solid, right handed shot

Chirelli and Chara met today for the 2nd time to talk about a ext. Chirelli said there going to talk again soon.

I dont think its going to be bad, well losing Lids is going to be but 100% Holland has to go out and bring someone in to fill his spot.....well i sure hope he does anyway

jack johnson has a 1.65mill cap hit, i heard Kings want to move him though because they said they wont be able to sign both Doughty and Johnson so they dont want to lose him for less then they can get in a trade

Guest Heaten

Well I for one am not too excited to see 2012 to come.

Stuart, Rafalski and Kronwall will be UFA (not to mention Holmstrom, Hudler and Bertuzzi). And Howard, if plays well this season, is due for a nice raise come 2011.

This will be a different looking team come 2012/13.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Losing Lidstrom will be tough. Chara would be a good fit for 3-4 years, as while his is no Lidstrom, he is still an undisputed #1 Defensemen capable of a few more solid years. Not a long term solution obviously, but I have faith in our young defensive core and minor league depth. With that being said, I am very very upset the Kings weren't able to get Kovalchuck. If they did, Drew Doughty could have been a very real possibility.

Stuart, Rafalski and Kronwall will be UFA (not to mention Holmstrom, Hudler and Bertuzzi). And Howard, if plays well this season, is due for a nice raise come 2011.

We won't have to worry about re-signing Rafalski, Holmstrom or Bertuzzi though. Well maybe Rafalski, but if anything he would sign far lower then what he is getting paid now. Kronwall won't get anything more then 5 if that due to his injuries (barring a few monster seasons), and Stuart would most probably get the same or less then the 3.75 he is making now. Also, with the way the Canadian dollar is doing, Inflation, and the World Economy, I would be astonished if the Cap is not up to at the very least 62 million by then.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Homer and Bert will probably retire, and if Rafalski doesn't he sure won't be a six million dollar man anymore. There will be a lot of money coming off the books in the next couple years. Although Lidstrom is irreplaceable there's still a lot of exciting moves that may be made.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Some guy, can't remember his name, Hofstra, Sosa, Hoffa? It's on the tip of my tongue. :P

All that I remember about him is that he really really showed up in the Finals :hehe: .

*Disclaimer: It was a joke. I realize he is still a good player and was playing injured with a lot less minutes then he is used to.