• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings1110

the wings may be big free agency players

Rate this topic

After losing Lidstrom, I must have to agree with some of the posters about Chara. We really need to get him on board. Weber and Seabrook are amazing too but I'd go with Chara. He really wants that cup before he retires, could be perfect timing IMO. :thumbup:

After losing Lidstrom, I must have to agree with some of the posters about Chara. We really need to get him on board. Weber and Seabrook are amazing too but I'd go with Chara. He really wants that cup before he retires, could be perfect timing IMO. :thumbup:

Unless Boston takes a quick turn downward, I don't think his chances of winning the cup with the Wings will be that much greater than with the B's. I'd much rather sign someone younger who can play with Smith (or whoever develops) over many years.

Well, I think we'll still be a fantastic team once the grey beards retire. Lids, Draper, Ozzy, Bert, Raffi, Homer...

Young guys like Abby, Helm, Tatar, Kindl, Brendan Smith, Mattias Ritola, Ferraro, McCollum....i think only one big name FA and a bunch of gritty role players would make for a pretty solid Red Wings team.

We likely won't need to sign any additional forwards (without a trade) next year. Mursak, Tatar, and possibly I. Flip may be ready to make the jump to the Wings full-time.

also nyquist, andersson, smith, ferraro and almqvist may be good to go in 2-3 years. riley sheahan may be a 2-3 year project as well. the wings should only have to pick up 1-2 guys each year, if that. they're set for years to come.

I think we might be fine at the forward position. If we could somehow land Doughty or Weber I'd jump for joy...

Also, it kind of got overlooked, but what do you guys think Howard could command once he's a UFA next off-season? I think somewhere around 3 million is possible, especially if he avoids the sophomore slump.

depending on Howards season im going to say somewhere around 1.5-2.5

maybe something like 3yrs 6mill if he has a good season unless both sides want to do a long term deal 5+ years, but most goalies dont get the big numbers and the long term deals, like i said its all going to come down to how he does this season

I would without a doubt pay the price to get Doughty in Detroit, it would have to be a massive offer sheet and the picks are meaningless in Det anyways!

I would without a doubt pay the price to get Doughty in Detroit, it would have to be a massive offer sheet and the picks are meaningless in Det anyways!

that would be great...but how sweet would it be to snag weber from nashville when he's ufa? gotta love asspounding your division rival!

Doughty will more then likely get a monster contract like 10yrs, Weber or Seabrook would be amazing, but if Doughty is around no problem giving up everything to get him, not to many D are that amazing when they are his age

Doughty will more then likely get a monster contract like 10yrs, Weber or Seabrook would be amazing, but if Doughty is around no problem giving up everything to get him, not to many D are that amazing when they are his age

Doughty might very well end up just as good or better then Lids. I would happily give up 4 !st round picks for him.

I would take Weber over Seabrook but I think Weber or Doughty could realistically replace most that we lose from Lidstrom