• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

Some guy, can't remember his name, Hofstra, Sosa, Hoffa? It's on the tip of my tongue. :P

ok, i meant any FA we signed for and stayed a number of years. lol

#22 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

Some guy, can't remember his name, Hofstra, Sosa, Hoffa? It's on the tip of my tongue. :P

All that I remember about him is that he really really showed up in the Finals :hehe: .

*Disclaimer: It was a joke. I realize he is still a good player and was playing injured with a lot less minutes then he is used to.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#23 Zohan Franzen

Zohan Franzen

Rookie

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:13 PM

Williams !

#24 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

Williams !

We're talking about players here, not legendary gods on the ice.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#25 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:22 PM

Seabrook would be a great fill if Lids retires and Hawks are still in cap trouble

Seabrook-Rafalski
Kronwall-Stuart
Kindl-Ericcson
or whatever our 3rd pairing will be

#26 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:41 PM

After losing Lidstrom, I must have to agree with some of the posters about Chara. We really need to get him on board. Weber and Seabrook are amazing too but I'd go with Chara. He really wants that cup before he retires, could be perfect timing IMO. :thumbup:

#27 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,511 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:49 PM

After losing Lidstrom, I must have to agree with some of the posters about Chara. We really need to get him on board. Weber and Seabrook are amazing too but I'd go with Chara. He really wants that cup before he retires, could be perfect timing IMO. :thumbup:

Unless Boston takes a quick turn downward, I don't think his chances of winning the cup with the Wings will be that much greater than with the B's. I'd much rather sign someone younger who can play with Smith (or whoever develops) over many years.

#28 CMatt89

CMatt89

The REAL great one...

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:16 PM

Well, I think we'll still be a fantastic team once the grey beards retire. Lids, Draper, Ozzy, Bert, Raffi, Homer...

Young guys like Abby, Helm, Tatar, Kindl, Brendan Smith, Mattias Ritola, Ferraro, McCollum....i think only one big name FA and a bunch of gritty role players would make for a pretty solid Red Wings team.

#29 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:16 PM

Weber or Doughty.

Or Leino. :hehe:

Edited by Finnish Wing, 05 July 2010 - 05:17 PM.

Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#30 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:27 PM

We likely won't need to sign any additional forwards (without a trade) next year. Mursak, Tatar, and possibly I. Flip may be ready to make the jump to the Wings full-time.

also nyquist, andersson, smith, ferraro and almqvist may be good to go in 2-3 years. riley sheahan may be a 2-3 year project as well. the wings should only have to pick up 1-2 guys each year, if that. they're set for years to come.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#31 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:31 PM

I think we might be fine at the forward position. If we could somehow land Doughty or Weber I'd jump for joy...

Also, it kind of got overlooked, but what do you guys think Howard could command once he's a UFA next off-season? I think somewhere around 3 million is possible, especially if he avoids the sophomore slump.

#32 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:40 PM

depending on Howards season im going to say somewhere around 1.5-2.5

maybe something like 3yrs 6mill if he has a good season unless both sides want to do a long term deal 5+ years, but most goalies dont get the big numbers and the long term deals, like i said its all going to come down to how he does this season

#33 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:17 PM

I would without a doubt pay the price to get Doughty in Detroit, it would have to be a massive offer sheet and the picks are meaningless in Det anyways!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#34 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:39 PM

I would without a doubt pay the price to get Doughty in Detroit, it would have to be a massive offer sheet and the picks are meaningless in Det anyways!

that would be great...but how sweet would it be to snag weber from nashville when he's ufa? gotta love asspounding your division rival!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#35 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:50 PM

Doughty will more then likely get a monster contract like 10yrs, Weber or Seabrook would be amazing, but if Doughty is around no problem giving up everything to get him, not to many D are that amazing when they are his age

#36 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

Doughty will more then likely get a monster contract like 10yrs, Weber or Seabrook would be amazing, but if Doughty is around no problem giving up everything to get him, not to many D are that amazing when they are his age

Doughty might very well end up just as good or better then Lids. I would happily give up 4 !st round picks for him.

I would take Weber over Seabrook but I think Weber or Doughty could realistically replace most that we lose from Lidstrom

RIP BOB PROBERT #24